Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-12-25, 05:49)Michaelfenix Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious as to whether or not there is going to be some moderation of these posters in the future? I have 4000 titles in my collection and have noticed that most of the animated posters that it auto downloaded were truly phenomenal. But some of them were nothing but garbage. I'm not saying every poster needs to be an over the top graphic production, The poster for spider man 3 (2007) is great, original movie poster just switching from red to black suits. That is a great cover. But then you get ones like Jurassic park just a flicker of light in the bottom left corner. Or the one for Suicide Squad I got that's a gif of Jared Leto having an orgasm from the looks of it. Half done posters like E.T. A poster that would be perfect if the flying bike animation went across the whole poster instead of get to the moon and reset. Being a publicly submitted database from the what I see at a quick glance here so far, there needs to be a way to weed out the turds that are tossed in. Perhaps a list of criteria of sorts for the poster to be put into the database. Or a voting system on the forum, a poster get's say 15 likes from the public it gets added. That way people get quality posters instead of a poster where the only thing animated is the actors names appearing on the poster or the title of the movie is flickering.

For a lot of movies there are multiple animated posters to choose from. You need to do that via the skin. The skin helper service has an option for that.

The posters are already moderated a little bit (by me) before added to the database.
There's no publicly submitted database. I started a private database for my app and is now also being used by the skin helper service and others. Which is great! More people can enjoy the animated posters.

As you can see in this thread there are a handful of people which are making the posters. Rofl and we should be thanking. They don't get a lot of credits.

I agree with you on several points you make.
If you have better quality posters, please post them here and I am happy to add them to the database.
A website where we can upload them and has a rating system is also welcome.
Great one mouflo. In the next days I will add them to the database.
What is a pity I find it is not able to choose the language of the posters when they exist, I only found the US versions of my poster on your base Sad
It must be complicated to manage I imagine but it is true that a system like fanart.tv would be a big advantage ..
(2016-12-25, 20:11)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]What is a pity I find it is not able to choose the language of the posters when they exist, I only found the US versions of my poster on your base Sad
It must be complicated to manage I imagine but it is true that a system like fanart.tv would be a big advantage ..

At Least i've been able to add all your posters and all the different languages to my web page.
(2016-12-25, 16:22)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]Rogue One
I tried to keep the same presentation that our great schimik2k had created for the main saga.

Image Image

Awesome work,i'e never seen anything close unless it was actually made by a high end studio.
Image Image

They look just as awesome after you resize them to.
Thank you, I am a simple truck driver who recently started to use after effect Smile Unfortunately I do not have a laptop pc powerful enough to be able to do the week on the road so I can only make one Or two max the weekend if I have time. When the new dell xps 15 with gtx1050 go out I could do a little more because there is a lot of poster to do!

Besides where do you find the other posters that are on your sites at all 2? I would like to be able to meet other creators to try to set common rules to improve the whole. Even though I only speak the google translator: p
Mouflo realy great work Wink thanks for your work!!!
(2016-12-25, 20:11)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]What is a pity I find it is not able to choose the language of the posters when they exist, I only found the US versions of my poster on your base Sad

Most of the posters found are English, so I stuck with English only.

Before creating the database I asked fanart.tv, but unfortunately for most of the posters the requirements didn't match theirs.
Maybe in the future.
Star Wars Forever,Princess Leia May The Force be with You! R.I.P #StarWarsIcon
American beauty, Amelie, Armageddon, Caddyshack : )
How do I ensure I get the animated posters? Do they download automatically and over time? I put MQ7 on one Kodi setup I have and was surprised to notice some of the posters animating (I had no idea). So I went to put it on my home theater setup and none of the posters are animating (Yes, I have cinemagraphic posters selected). I am wondering if I have to run maybe "artwork downloader" to get the animated one? Or if they just download on their own and it will just take a while?

Never mind... They are just showing up like magic! LIKE MAGIC! Smile
This is my latest project for 2016! Happy new year everyone.

Moana Us, Fr , Ger, Clean

Image Image

Image Image
You deserve the best Kodi award member of the year

Sweeet mouflo