Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-01-24, 15:47)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]Good work ! But it's much better if there is no other text than the title of the film.

Yes they do,so fixed it and resized it

(2017-01-25, 11:10)blueeyiz702 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-24, 15:47)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]Good work ! But it's much better if there is no other text than the title of the film.

You can just cut of the bottom part, the aspect ratio is not correct anymore :-( Check out the original from Kor123's post.

Kor123 needs to alter his original one (or someone needs to correct each frame), but for me the one Kor123 made is fine (it's already great he took the time to make one). I don't mind the text under it. Original posters also have that.
There's no rule posters shouldn't have text on it.
(2017-01-25, 11:14)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-25, 11:10)blueeyiz702 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can just cut of the bottom part, the aspect ratio is not correct anymore :-( Check out the original from Kor123's post.

Kor123 needs to alter his original one (or someone needs to correct each frame), but for me the one Kor123 made is fine (it's already great he took the time to make one). I don't mind the text under it. Original posters also have that.
There's no rule posters shouldn't have text on it.

I fixed it back to its Original aspect ratio 500*680

dunno .. that looks squashed (or stretched) to me ?

here's my resize and crop attempt

(2017-01-24, 21:27)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]I just stumbled upon this thread. Can't wait to get home and give this a shot. The "Titan Skin" I know uses the "skin helper service" plug in that you all keep referencing, so hopefully I should not run into any issues.

Ok, I'm trying to follow along here but I may be a bit daft. I've highlighted a movie I want to add an animated movie poster on. My first step was to hit the "I" key and search for a new movie poster in there. A bunch of movie posters come up but I don't specifically see anything for animated.

I then highlighted the same movie again and hit the "C" key, there is a selection for "Select Animated Artwork" but it's asking me to manually find one on my device, which I have none of.

I went back to the OP hoping there was some sort of "step by step" instructional post but I can't seem to find that either.

What is the exact process?

You shouldn't have to do anything other than have skin helper service installed and a skin that uses it. It should automatically fetch animated posters/fanart for you. You can check to see if anything is getting downloaded by going to the following folder:

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails\animatedgifs
(2017-01-25, 18:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to do anything other than have skin helper service installed and a skin that uses it. It should automatically fetch animated posters/fanart for you. You can check to see if anything is getting downloaded by going to the following folder:

Thanks! Some animated movie posters have started to populate auto-magically. So, it's working. My next question WAS going to be where they are saved to because they aren't saved in the actual movie directory but you beat me to it.

Movies that I would expect animated posters for aren't available (Star Wars, really? No one has done Star WarsHuh Lol) but movie posters that I wouldn't expect to have (2 GunsHuh) do. It's kind of fun to open up Kodi and see what has shown up and what hasn't.
(2017-01-27, 17:39)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-25, 18:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to do anything other than have skin helper service installed and a skin that uses it. It should automatically fetch animated posters/fanart for you. You can check to see if anything is getting downloaded by going to the following folder:

Thanks! Some animated movie posters have started to populate auto-magically. So, it's working. My next question WAS going to be where they are saved to because they aren't saved in the actual movie directory but you beat me to it.

Movies that I would expect animated posters for aren't available (Star Wars, really? No one has done Star WarsHuh Lol) but movie posters that I wouldn't expect to have (2 GunsHuh) do. It's kind of fun to open up Kodi and see what has shown up and what hasn't.

It will take some time to populate.....and all the Star Wars are animated Big Grin
Nicely done!

Or this one:

Inferno;

Doctor strange:

Really a beautiful one:

Crimson peak:

I did two conversions.

They are both in their original aspect ratio...and big in size.....if someone would like to change them :-)

This may be a stupid question. I have installed skin helper, but I am using Aeon Nox, which I do not believe supports the helper. Is there anyway to get it to download the animated posters anyways?