Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Animated Movie Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to figure this thing out the whole day i dunno why is this such a pain in the ass. I have Aeon MQ7 and i have skinhealper installed . My problem is that after the initial adding of the movies i had animated posters , but i had to clean my library , and after adding my movies the second time around i got 0 Animated Posters , All the animated posters that existed got replace from fanart posters . I have been trying to find a way to redownload them the whole day without deleteing my whole "Profile " folder . Why isn't there a button to redownload them ?? skinhelper cant even been configured , and no where in the skin there is a button to "Download all Animated Posters" or just something along the lines of replacing all the other fan art with animated posters. If anyone can please help me fix this i would really appreciate it . Thanks alot !!! Also i know about the "right click > select animated poster " thing but i want to do my whole movie list , and doing them one by one like that will take days.
(2017-09-28, 22:09)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been trying to figure this thing out the whole day i dunno why is this such a pain in the ass. I have Aeon MQ7 and i have skinhealper installed . My problem is that after the initial adding of the movies i had animated posters , but i had to clean my library , and after adding my movies the second time around i got 0 Animated Posters , All the animated posters that existed got replace from fanart posters . I have been trying to find a way to redownload them the whole day without deleteing my whole "Profile " folder . Why isn't there a button to redownload them ?? skinhelper cant even been configured , and no where in the skin there is a button to "Download all Animated Posters" or just something along the lines of replacing all the other fan art with animated posters. If anyone can please help me fix this i would really appreciate it . Thanks alot !!! Also i know about the "right click > select animated poster " thing but i want to do my whole movie list , and doing them one by one like that will take days.

You might need to delete the animated posters from the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs folder. Then script helper will probably automatically download them again. Move them to a different location as a test then open kodi and keep an eye on that folder to see if they start to download again
(2017-09-29, 01:11)grimmace92 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-28, 22:09)Kristijan1001 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been trying to figure this thing out the whole day i dunno why is this such a pain in the ass. I have Aeon MQ7 and i have skinhealper installed . My problem is that after the initial adding of the movies i had animated posters , but i had to clean my library , and after adding my movies the second time around i got 0 Animated Posters , All the animated posters that existed got replace from fanart posters . I have been trying to find a way to redownload them the whole day without deleteing my whole "Profile " folder . Why isn't there a button to redownload them ?? skinhelper cant even been configured , and no where in the skin there is a button to "Download all Animated Posters" or just something along the lines of replacing all the other fan art with animated posters. If anyone can please help me fix this i would really appreciate it . Thanks alot !!! Also i know about the "right click > select animated poster " thing but i want to do my whole movie list , and doing them one by one like that will take days.

You might need to delete the animated posters from the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.module.metadatautils\animatedgifs folder. Then script helper will probably automatically download them again. Move them to a different location as a test then open kodi and keep an eye on that folder to see if they start to download again

i did try that Tongue , same thing doesnt work . I just hope we had like a button to start downloading again.
Image Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Is there a site where Kodi downloads the animated art from? Or is it downloading straight from this forum thread?
I can imagine having a dedicated site for it would be very handy. Or as a part of Fanart.tv
(2017-10-08, 14:45)mouflo Wrote: [ -> ]Image Image Image
WoW! Awesome work man Smile Smile

Will you be doing Wonder Woman ?
(2017-10-16, 17:54)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a site where Kodi downloads the animated art from? Or is it downloading straight from this forum thread?
I can imagine having a dedicated site for it would be very handy. Or as a part of Fanart.tv

There’s no site, but a database. The database is used by the skin helper service. The skin should use the skin helper service and support animated art.
Nice posters again mouflo!
(2017-10-20, 12:01)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-16, 17:54)joostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a site where Kodi downloads the animated art from? Or is it downloading straight from this forum thread?

There’s no site, but a database. The database is used by the skin helper service. The skin should use the skin helper service and support animated art.

Thanks for your explanation. 
I discovered that some of my movies don't get animated art automatically. But there is animated art available when i manually try to add it. It that a know 'problem' or is it just incredibly time consuming to get all the art? :-)
(2017-10-20, 13:07)HÍjoostzilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-20, 12:01)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your explanation. 
I discovered that some of my movies don't get animated art automatically. But there is animated art available when i manually try to add it. It that a know 'problem' or is it just incredibly time consuming to get all the art? :-)

Yes, it can take some time.
@movie78 or @mod

It would really be helpful if the first post was edited to include a list of supporting skins

several months ago it took me a coupled of days to find one and now I'd like to try a different skin but don't want to lose my animated posters Smile thanks
@wpbpete

It is not necessary to have a supporting skin. Animated artwork can be a direct replacement for Fanart and Posters. As long as they are named correctly, they will be used.

See artwork (wiki)
(2017-10-27, 21:02)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@wpbpete

It is not necessary to have a supporting skin. Animated artwork can be a direct replacement for Fanart and Posters. As long as they are named correctly, they will be used.

See artwork (wiki)

Thanks, but doesn't the skin need to use Skin Helper service to auto download animated posters?
Yes it does. But you didn't specify that in your original post.