Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 14.0: Export of Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello at all!

First: This is a great piece of software. I am using this within our homenetwork with some machines and a mysql database (one for every user to hold the positions and watched states).

So far, so good. But i have experienced a small annoying bug with Kodi 14.0 compared with the last xbmc releases.

I have a mainmachine, where my media are stored on it's own hdd's. This machine is scraping informations for tv-shows and movies from tmdb and thetvdb. It works absolutely perfect, like before.

The other machines in our homenetwork are configured to use only local nfo files. These files were generated with xbmc while exporting the librarys separetely (nfo, pictures, actors etc) from the settings menu (video).
This procedure works well, as long all the episodes of a tv-show are in just one folder on one harddrive. If there's a tv-show, which is spreaded on different hdd's (example below), the the library files will be exported with Kodi 14.0 just on the first found folder. The problem is, that the important tvshow.nfo doesn't appear within the other folders (graphicfiles too). This makes it impossible for the clients to recognize a tv-show in total. All episodes from the other folders / hdds can't be recognized by the local scraper addon, because there's not a tvshow.nfo.

This procedure worked absolutely perfect in xbmc 13.2, 13.1 and 13.0 before. I think something has changed in the way, the library files are exported now with kodi.

Example for a tv show, splitted on three hdd's with different folders.

Quote:smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK00\Example Show
smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK06\Example Show

smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK00\Example Show
smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK06\Example Show

smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK00\Example Show
smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK06\Example Show

--

If i am exporting the stored library data within xbmc 13.x separetly to the disks, it looks like this:

Quote:smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK00\Example Show\tvshow.nfo
smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK06\Example Show\tvshow.nfo

smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK00\Example Show\tvshow.nfo
smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK06\Example Show\tvshow.nfo

smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK00\Example Show\tvshow.nfo
smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK06\Example Show\tvshow.nfo

This is absolutely perfect, the clients will recognize the whole show without any problem!

--

If i am exporting the stored library data within xbmc 14.0 separetly to the disks, it looks like this:

Quote:smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK00\Example Show\tvshow.nfo
smb:\\****\Videos\1\Serien\FSK06\Example Show

smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK00\Example Show
smb:\\****\Videos\2\Serien\FSK06\Example Show

smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK00\Example Show
smb:\\****\Videos\3\Serien\FSK06\Example Show\

This is the worst case, because the clients will only recognize the episodes from the first folder.

--

As you can see, english isn't my native language. Hopefully you're able to understand, what i am trying to explain. Big Grin And i hope, that this is the correct thread for a bug-report like this.

If you need more infos, please let me know! I would happily try to help fixing this one, because it's a really nasty little bug (currently i am just copying manually the tvshow.nfo to the other folders).