Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Me and others not seeing XBMC database moved to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Several have asked the same Q and I haven't seen a response that makes sense.

Installed Kodi - there was no question asked during the install if this was an upgrade to XBMC. So Kodi was installed in a new folder, no database.

My database includes TONS of work grouping titles into sets, etc --- and I don't want to lose all that. The old database was not copied to Kodi, so simply setting up new files to scrape would mean losing all the work.

Have tried "backup" and DID export the XBMC library, but cannot find where the backup files were placed. Created an advancedsettings.xml file for both the old XBMC roaming/XBMC/Userdata and it's Kodi equivalent.

But how on earth do I instruct Kodi to go to the XBMC folder and retrieve the XML files? (Or, what / how do I copy the old database - including "sets", thumbnails, etc - into the Kodi folder?

I've seen this asked repeatedly but can't find a response that I've been able to make sense of.

ps: I am on Win7)
Are you running with MySql or a local setup of the database?

I'm using Mysql as database server and just added the advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder with this content:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.x.x.x</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xxxx</user>
<pass>yyyy</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.x.x.x</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>zzzz</user>
<pass>yyyy</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

If you are using the local (built in) database I have no idea, but my suggestion is to copy the DB-files in XBMC/Userdata/Database to the Kodi equivalent folder.. (take a backup of the files to another location so you can restore if something bad happens).
The database is saved by default in your documents folder.

In order to use it you choose the import library function in the Videos system settings.

Another alternative is to export as "separate files" and Kodi will create nfos for each title and save it next to each title called <movie>.nfo. Hopefully you have all your titles in separate folders so it's easier to navigate. Then if you have to scrape in a new library, all the database info is contained in the nfos. There are advancedsettings options for watched statuses as well.
(2015-01-21, 23:41)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]The database is saved by default in your documents folder.

In order to use it you choose the import library function in the Videos system settings.

Another alternative is to export as "separate files" and Kodi will create nfos for each title and save it next to each title called <movie>.nfo. Hopefully you have all your titles in separate folders so it's easier to navigate. Then if you have to scrape in a new library, all the database info is contained in the nfos. There are advancedsettings options for watched statuses as well.

I installed Kodi 15.1 few month ago. I can not find any userdata/database or .db* files. I check on my document folder and is not there. I lost everything after a crash and even when I used the backup addon and also copy all my Kodi files manually before I decided to reinstall it, still I can not find my settings or database config. My Kodi crashed and gave me this "Error : Unable to create application, Exiting". In order to resolve the issue and had to uninstall Kodi completely and reinstalled. Installation on top of old did not worked out.

Still missing all my favourites and all my addons.. Could you please help in detail where is this database. I have read some database and backups papers for Kodi but I could not find my answer.....All of them said it shall be on userdata/database...Also they said if you copy all Kodi dir then you are cover...I copy back all my usedata...and some favourites folders came...but they are empty.....and system acted like creazy when I try to enter to each favourite folder...turn me back to another place....I think under Video list.....

thanks...
Here

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/Kodi/userdata/Database
Do you have anything in the old xbmc folder?

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/xbmc

Does that folder still exist?
(2015-09-10, 18:00)Wanilton Wrote: [ -> ]Here

users/yourname/appdata/roaming/Kodi/userdata/Database

Thank you....it was hidden dir.....so I changed its properties so I can see all in this dir....thanks....