Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Misplaced Post!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had started the following thread on the General Support forum. On second thought that may have been a mistake, and I should have posted it here:

(2015-01-21, 23:07)harfad Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I am using Kodi on a Raspberry Pi, and since I installed the latest update, I am getting a lot of noise interference through the loudspeakers, especially when I move the mouse. The interference continues even when I am not using the mouse. I tried removing the wireless mouse and replacing it with a wired one. The interference was slightly reduced, but not eliminated. I had experienced something like this before, but not as severe as on this occasion. The loudspeakers are connected to the device by analog rather than HDMI connection. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Feel free to reply to it here or there!
Welcome!

Debug log or it didn't happen.

I assume you checked everything is configured correctly or using default values?
Have you moved the pi away from the receiver and the speakers?
(2015-01-22, 02:33)ActionA Wrote: [ -> ]Have you moved the pi away from the receiver and the speakers?
Thank you! I have just tried that, and it has made a lot of difference. I wonder where the interference comes from. Does the chip emit electromagnetic waves, or is there something else that causes it?
You can certainly get some sorts of radiation from a Pi - I can often disable DAB reception in adjacent rooms if I have one running (my reception isn't very strong at the best of times)