Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV : Kodi 14.1 reboots rather than shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Amazon TV Fire....

Fresh install of the latest 14.1 (RC) build to find that now and again when shutting it down to get back to the Home Screen of the FTV it will restart Kodi. Shutting it down again and it will then close. It is not consistent and I an not predict when it will next happen but it does happen enough for me to note it.
The build itself is running superb with no issues at all. Full pass through via optical and using the std skin.

Has anyone else seen this as an issue with their Android install of 14.1 over that of 14...?
I have installed the beta version of SPMC which is based on Helix and so far it has been fine.
I have installed the same two addons (Advanced WOL and XBMC Library Auto Update) and as yet it has shut down each time without rebooting back into Kodi. Early days and need more testing but maybe it is resolved for me...?

I would need to test the above for longer as it wasn't consistent with the Kodi release.

Also, not sure why it would happen as I have the same Confluence skin and addons installed, but when I used Kodi 14.1 I would get on the Home screen a large red cross in a blank screen for a second or two, suggesting an addon caused an issue, perhaps...? Using SPMC I do not get this all seems well.

I just need to figure out how to get the SPMC icon on the Home screen of the Fire TV, like I did with Kodi.