Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] Kodi v14.1 testing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed the 14.1 x86 build dated Jan 6th on this thread

I have used another posters advancedsettings with a couple of my modifications (i added the buffermode and changed the cachemembuffersize to 0). Before adding the advancedsettings file I was having buffering issues, after installing things seem to be running smoothly. I stream most of my content. My question is I am new to the advanced settings and wanted to confirm if others can confirm if there are better settings than what I have below.

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
<smallstepbackseconds>4</smallstepbackseconds>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-5</timeseekbackward>
<timeseekforwardbig>120</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-90</timeseekbackwardbig>
<percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward>
<percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward>
<percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig>
<percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig>
</video>
<network>
<buffermode>0</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
Can't stream Videos locatet on my Smartphone to XBMC / Kodi. (Pictures still work fine)

While Playing a Video on my Android Phone -> "default" Android Player (file stored on the SD) i can choose "Kodi" as "Player" but it doesnt Work anymore.
(Kodi is listed as available Player, but dont want to play the File!)

Heres the Debug Log (Pastbin) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=399087

Kodi runs on Windows
All UPNP stuff is "enabled"

(On the Smartphone i get a Errormessage (501) if this helps.)
As already told no Problem with Pictures.

Regards
(2015-01-22, 20:40)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't stream Videos locatet on my Smartphone to XBMC / Kodi. (Pictures still work fine)

While Playing a Video on my Android Phone -> "default" Android Player (file stored on the SD) i can choose "Kodi" as "Player" but it doesnt Work anymore.
(Kodi is listed as available Player, but dont want to play the File!)

Heres the Debug Log (Pastbin) http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=399087

Kodi runs on Windows
All UPNP stuff is "enabled"

(On the Smartphone i get a Errormessage (501) if this helps.)
As already told no Problem with Pictures.

Regards
Here is my experience with streaming/casting to Kodi:

Casting to kodi 14.0, 14.1RC, 15.0 via UPnP audio doesn't work from my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) at all no matter the player. The visualization shows up and immediately disappears and the logs show nothing out of the ordinary; merely starting then shutting down messages with no reason why. I use the ehomemediacenter app that comes with my ROM for UPnP casting of audio and it works flawlessly in both the bedroom and living room boxes using the N7 player and UPnP add-on. Using the default Samsung music player it works some of the time with drops, not advancing audio tracks, repeating the same track, starting over again when resuming.

Casting to kodi via UPnP Video from Android phone barely works but pictures works pretty decently.

Casting to kodi via airplay audio from iOS devices (iPhone 6 and iPad 3) works decently.

Casting to kodi via airplay video from iOS devices works marginally with some disconnects and disappearing for a while then coming back but overall not horrible.
Is there a Interest to Fix this Bug??