Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unnamed/Sports Center - Sports for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Now time for basketball, please Angel
(2015-04-27, 22:50)Ovokx Wrote: [ -> ]Now time for basketball, please Angel

Basketball is the same as soccer Wink
Some news. Since we don't have much information (appart from the result) for other sports rather than football a new dialog with the event details was also needed. I think the best way for us to do this, since the data from different sports might get too complex, is to fill in the strDescription of an event on the database with any data you might find important.
Below examples with an nba match and a race event are presented. Priority is given to event thumb, then event fanart, then league fanart, then sport fanart (if event images are not present).

I made this into yet another new dialog since the information for soccer (and the dialog itself) is huge due to the formations of the teams.

Cheers
Excellent, great idea on the artwork fallback.

I'd still like to do as you suggested and get some motorsport track images up somehow. Just need to think where is best to put them in the DB
Let me know Smile
The side by side stuff is also cool. We can make some kind of probability simulator of the result for the match based on historical data (all matches & matches at home + actual classification of both teams) Smile
A few more things and I'll push an update for you guys to test. I'll provide a fictional database for you to browse (no videos just info).
I don't know if others soccer leagues do so, but La Liga through its official YouTube channel releases every week a resume with the highlights of games (see here an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShIXjPTuIE#t=182). What do you think about including this videos at event level?

Also NBA have it
(2015-04-28, 20:05)Ovokx Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if others soccer leagues do so, but La Liga through its official YouTube channel releases every week a resume with the highlights of games (see here an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShIXjPTuIE#t=182). What do you think about including this videos at event level?

Also NBA have it

It's sort of planned for external scripts. The idea is to make this addon a frontend for sports that anyone can use to feed information in. Anything stable will be in the core (there's no reason for not being on the database itself), anything that might fail and that is unstable by nature will be left for external scripts Smile
Better this way otherwise everything would have to be done by me and this one is already too much.

I don't know yet how I will move for external scripts but probably if an addon has a file called sportscenter.cfg in its root folder the addon will assume it is a media provider for sportscenter. The sportscenter.cfg file will define what the addon provides (eg: provides:highlighs/provides:livematch/provides:full-replay) and for what leagues/teams it provides media. Then the addon will read this file for every addon, check if it provides media for that league and call the sportscenter.py file that also should be placed in the root folder of the addon doing whatever the user wants. Sportscenter will pass any external scripts a dictionary containing the league name, the home and away teams, the date and the round. And expects a return from them.

I was also thinking of granting users or other devs a way of using the event listing interface and the league list interface of the addon to populate with data in their own creations. Don't know yet how that can be accomplished but it's certainly possible.

Now bug fixes and finishing up the library, then the scrapper for the library, then on-screen live information, then...and only then, external script support.

Note: I will most likely expect a return of a thesportsdb api key from external scripts as well so their access can be controlled.
Smile
Ok guys, my head is about to explode: https://github.com/enen92/script.sportsc...e7166a9c0d

I'll do my best to push an update at night and provide a big library for you guys to test. I won't probably touch this till sunday night.

Cheers
Pushed an update to the repo (sportscenter should be on version 0.0.23 and script.module.thesportsdb should be on 0.0.14). This one was really big and implements a library plus a lot of other stuff and fixes. Of course that without a scrapper there's no way for you to add events to the library.

If you want to test the library you can use this one:

http://www.filedropper.com/librarystuff

The .db file is a database containing all the info, the individual txt files tell the addon the corresponding sport has a library.

Just download the zip and extract it to your userdata/addon_data/script.sportscenter:

windows: C:/Users/youruser/Roaming/KODI/userdata/addon_data/script.sportscenter
linux: $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.sportscenter
android: /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.sportscenter

Let me know
Been playing with it for 30mins and still not seen all the new screens and features yet Wink

This may take some more time.

Everything working perfectly so far!

Great work on the motorsport stuff as well, nice to see the different views for events.

I'll give a go to the library stuff soon.
Yeap, most of the views are dedicated to the library so you need to have one in place for them to show up and to let you browse all the windows and assoaciated views
While playing with the last update, I realized that future events are not displayed in order (day, then time). They are only sorted by day. Is it possible to sort them by both fields?
Yap I guess but it is not implemented yet. Will look into it at night. Did u try the library?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23