Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies soundtracks scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have an extensive music collection with many movie soundtrack albums.
These soundtrack albums do not scrape properly on matter which scraper I use. My main music scrapers are TheAudioDB and Universal Music Scraper.

Is there any specific scraper for soundtracks?
How do you import soundtrack albums info/images so that it will display the correct data?
Have you actually gone to http://www.theaudiodb.com/ and seen if they contain the soundtrack that you are trying to scrape? If the information is not there, then you cannot scrape it simple as that really. I myself will try and add information to these databases so that others can scrape what I could not.

I have done a quick search for soundtracks and a lot of the ones I could think of I could not find,

http://www.theaudiodb.com/album/2215992 this link is for the sound of music under Richard Rodgers, soundtracks are not mainstream for a lot of people so they are not catered for as much.

You really need to do a manual check first and then make sure you have the correct folder settings and that the information is there for you to scrape.

Regards

Mark
I'm also experiencing problems with soundtracks, how do you manage them, dbenyakar?

I have them:

a) In a different folder in my HDD
b) With OST in the folder name
c) With "OST - [Movie title]" as album title in ID3 tags

The main problem is most of the time the official name for OSTs don't follow any kind of patter: some include "Original Soundtrack from..." others are just the movie title, others are "Music from..."

So, if I rename/label my albums with the official name, I cannot have them together inside Kodi. If I don't do it, I need to manually scrappe information for them one by one. A good solution would be to assign the soundtracks that genre "soundtrack" and them, in the album view, filter by it. But for some reason I don't understand that option is not active for me.

Regards
I put mine through MusicBrainz Picard and they are fine when pulled into Kodi. I've found most in Picard and it updates the MB tags which Kodi reads.

Try looking at putting the albums through MB Picard. It's generally considered the best way to tag music for Kodi.