Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Acceleration settings on FireTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What should the hardware acceleration be set at, running over wifi, firetv, Kodi 14.1RC.
Currently I have it set to

Libstagefright enabled, mediacodec disabled
decoding method, hardware accelerated
The default unless you have issues, and if you have issues you would disable mediacodec and see if that helps, as you have done now. In other words, your settings are fine.
I'll say that on my Fire TV, I have both libstagefright AND mediacodec enabled, and have it set to hardware accelerated. all my 1080p x264 MKVs run fine. My 480p divx/xvid (mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile)) sometimes run OK, sometimes run choppy. When they run choppy, I need to uncheck the radioboxes for LSF and MC, and that makes them smooth again, but of course I then need to re-enable the radio buttons if I want to play an x264 MKV again. There are some advancedsettings.xml modifications that exist which are supposed to let you choose which video formats will enable/disable the hardware decoding, but for me I've unfortunately not had any luck. Take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video under the two tags for <stagefright> and <mediacodec>.

Good luck to you!
(2015-01-25, 06:28)drumst1x Wrote: [ -> ]I'll say that on my Fire TV, I have both libstagefright AND mediacodec enabled, and have it set to hardware accelerated. all my 1080p x264 MKVs run fine. My 480p divx/xvid (mpeg4 (Advanced Simple Profile)) sometimes run OK, sometimes run choppy. When they run choppy, I need to uncheck the radioboxes for LSF and MC, and that makes them smooth again, but of course I then need to re-enable the radio buttons if I want to play an x264 MKV again. There are some advancedsettings.xml modifications that exist which are supposed to let you choose which video formats will enable/disable the hardware decoding, but for me I've unfortunately not had any luck. Take a look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video under the two tags for <stagefright> and <mediacodec>.

Good luck to you!

I haven't had any luck with those settings in advanced settings. Have you figured anything out yet? I'm trying to disable HW acceleration just for MPEG 4.

Edit - NM, I forgot to wrap it in <video> tags. Seems to be working fine now. No longer dropping frames in DivX/Xvid, but still using HW acceleration for h.264.

Code:
<video>
    <stagefright>
        <usemp4codec>0</usemp4codec>
    </stagefright>
</video>
Disable mediacodec for best results.

1080p60 videos are still choppy but most everything else should be fine.