Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KodiBuntu install with full disk encryption fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
i am trying to install KodiBuntu from a bootable usb pen drive to the hdd of my htpc with the following options in the menu "Installation type":
[x] Erase disk and install Ubuntu
[x] Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for security
[x] Use LVM with the new Ubuntu installation

...and unfortunately the following error is popping up at the end of the installation process:

"Unable to install GRUB in /dev/sda
Executing 'grub-install /dev/sda' failed
This is a fatal error."

when i switch to text mode and execute "sudo grub-install /dev/sda" i receive the error "grub-install: error: failed to get canonical path of 'aufs'".

i get this error with kodibuntu-14.0~helix_amd64.iso and kodibuntu-14.0rc~helix_i386.iso as well.
live mode is working for both iso images and the installation is also working like a charm when i uncheck the encrypt option, but that's not what i want.

is the encryption option broken in KodiBuntu?
can anybody tell me a workaround?
any help would be appreciated.

thank you,
andized
this is a known ubuntu bug with lvm on the boot disk. Try without lvm, or make /boot a seperate partition
@andized,

Did you figure out how to get full disk encryption to work? I have the same problem. Tried using a separate /boot and no LVM as suggested by wsnipex, but still get the same error.

Thanks!