Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 13.2 stumped by TV show naming issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT: Putting a copy of the same tvshow.nfo I have in my permanent source in the new source seems to have solved the issue.

I've run into a naming issue that I've never come across in XBMC before.

My XBMC library has two source paths: One drive for permanent TV shows, and another drive for new TV shows.

The XBMC library correctly merges new TV shows with identically named permanent shows, so there's only one entry in the library. For example, if there's a new episode of Generic Superhero Show, the XBMC library pulls from both permanent and new sources and puts them under one Generic Superhero Show entry, in the correct season.

Recently, though, I noticed that XBMC has been creating two TV show entries for shows that have a year in the title. (Shows that don't have a year in the title don't seem to have this problem.)

So, Generic Superhero Show (2014) in my permanent sources and Generic Superhero Show (2014) in my new sources each get their own entry in the XBMC library, which is annoying. This can be fixed easily by moving the new episode to the permanent directory, but I'd prefer to skip that step if I can.

I tried removing the year from the new show folder, but then XBMC simply scraped the wrong show.

Any ideas how to work around this?
debug log (wiki)
Thanks Nickr. Copying the tvshow.nfo to the new shows seems to have done the trick. Time will tell if it's a real solution.