Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AFTV cant play Avatar Remux smoothly -stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone been able to play the big reference AVATAR remux :Avatar.2009.BluRay.REMUX.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1 , its a very high bit rate title
I can play any 1080p movie i got smoothly except this one.
I'm not sure if its bandwith issue. it feels more like codecs issue.
here is the file info:

If anyone was able to play it smoothly on his AFTV please reply with your setting
TIA
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
D : 1
Avatar.2009.BluRay.REMUX.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1-CHD\Avatar.2009.BluRay.REMUX.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1-CHD.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 38.4 GiB
Duration : 2h 41mn
Overall bit rate : 34.0 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Format_Settings_GOP : M=1, N=24
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 40.0 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 8 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive

Audio
ID : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA
Muxing mode : Stream extension
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 24 bits
I don't have this file .. but question, are you streaming it or playing it locally?

Also, if you provide a debug log from a session where it's stuttering, it might be easier for someone to help you
I am streaming it from my PC computer via windows sharing (SMB) over wired connection
not sure how to get the debug file from the KODI that installed on the amazon fire Tv.
but i'll attach screen shot of the important settings.
your running out of network bandwidth
First thing first: What are the symptoms, exactly?
Buffering? Stuttering?
Not sure if this will help but I have found that using the addon Kodi Log Uploader doesn't seem to work with either the official Kodi release or SPMC with the Fire TV. Each time that I enable debugging and restart Kodi and then run the addon, after entering in my email address, no email is then forwarded to me.

But the logs, AFAIK are generated and stored...

Android
data
org.xbmc.kodi (or com.semperpax.spmc for SPMC)
files
.kodi
temp

You can use ES File Explorer (side loaded) to get to there and you will then find kodi.log.
ok here are some facts, i have a 100Mb wired network.
streaming from the same configuration only to a popcorn A110, get smooth results on this file.

I dont see buffering msg but it seems like the video goes with intermittent pauses, very very short ones that gives an unsmooth stuttering feel to it.
it.
I'll attach a video

Amazone Fire Tv stuttering stream

Popcorn A110 smooth stream (disregard the video quality of the youtube upload focus on smoothness of the motion.
(2015-01-28, 08:49)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]First thing first: What are the symptoms, exactly?
Buffering? Stuttering?

I think i have a hint on the issue.
I couldnt find the log file even though i enabled debugging and followed the path to where it should eb the directory is empty.
However turning debugging on , shows that the frame rate (FPS isnt consistent and drops to sometimes to 17-19FPS and sometimes its at 21-24FPS
The Kodi CPU shows around 46% up to 55%.
I think its a codec issue. where something is dropping frames and cant handle it. but as it looks its not a CPU shortage
the issue is that the firetv does not support dts-hd passthrough (its a limitation of android at the moment) so the cpu gets hit by having to extract the dts core from the dts-hd track. the reason your popcorn a110 doesnt stutter is because it supports full dts-hd passthrough therefore not needing to extract the dts core track on the popcorn a110 itself
try turning off both hardware accelerators and using software decoding it might help on a mpeg-2 ts video. i use these setting to play mpeg-2 ts videos i record using my pvr and they play perfect without hardware acceleration, but then again the file your trying to play is HUGE so the firetv might still have a problem with it
I have already tried disabling passthough (disabling the DTS/AC3) all together, I tried removing the H/W acceleration , NOTHING changed. i didn't see any effect

Please not this is a big file with v high bit rate its not a PVR recording.
If everything works as it should and as you claim DTS HD MA is the issue, ehn disabling pass trough and DTS/AC3 should remove the issue. but it had no effect
I tried putting it in 2 channel stereo with no pass through - No effect.
i feel its a codec handling issue, thats why i posted the video stats.
the best thing would be that the developers would get this original blue ray rip first hand to test it. and see why its not working right.
just curious what are your exact audio settings they should be = 2 channel enabled-passthrougth enabled-and dts enabled. also have you tried this on gotham or spmc? also are you on wifi? another helpful tip try rebooting the firetv once a day to keep it running smooth
(2015-01-28, 13:28)letsroll Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-28, 08:49)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]First thing first: What are the symptoms, exactly?
Buffering? Stuttering?

I think i have a hint on the issue.
I couldnt find the log file even though i enabled debugging and followed the path to where it should eb the directory is empty.
However turning debugging on , shows that the frame rate (FPS isnt consistent and drops to sometimes to 17-19FPS and sometimes its at 21-24FPS
The Kodi CPU shows around 46% up to 55%.
I think its a codec issue. where something is dropping frames and cant handle it. but as it looks its not a CPU shortage

Forgot to add.

In ES File Explorer

Go to Settings
Display Settings and tick to show hidden files

Otherwise you will not find the log file.

The log file will be there each and every time then.

You could also try SPMC.
refer to my settings above (the only thing missing form the audio picture is the fact it shows 2 chennel, and as u can see pass through enabled a +DTS and AC3 enabled. (just to remove any doubt i also tried without pass through. and disabled both DTS/AC3 didnt have an effect.
I already stated i'm on wired network not wifi (100Mbit) and that popcorn A110 has no problem running it, where it has a much inferior h/w. doingit on the same network wihthte same source/server.
here is a link to the kodi.log file:
Kodi.log
Pages: 1 2 3