Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there any way to get Kodi to add a single movie (NOT everything on share)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted a message in another thread about not being able to get to the "Movie Information" screen in Kodi (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216414), but that thread is sitting there like a big old turd that everyone's avoiding for some reason, so let me try a slightly different question.

Is there any way at all in Kodi to get it to add one specific movie on a share to the library WITHOUT telling it to "Scan for changes"? The reason I ask is because on this particular Raspberry Pi the plan it to only make certain selected movies available, a small subset of what is stored on a remote share.

Normally pressing "info" while the video is selected would do this, or pressing "Guide" and the selecting "Movie Information", but as explained in my other thread, neither of these options appear to be available in the latest RaspBMC. Pressing Info while a video is highlighted does nothing, while pressing Guide does bring up the menu but the "Movie Information" item is missing.

Are there ANY other ways to add a single movie, once you have selected it from the Video - Files section?
For the folder that contains the movie, are the content settings still valid? As in, is it still set to "movies" when you bring up the context menu and select "set content" or "change content"? There was a bug for a while where the content type would get unset sometimes and cause the behavior you describe.
Ned Scott, that was the problem. Thank you for the assistance!