Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Several Confluence questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Kodi so forgive me if this is something really obvious.

I have movies ripped to folders in the form of "\video\Gladiator (2000)\Gladiator (2000).Bluray.iso"

I used Tiny Media Manager to get the artwork (fanart and poster) as well as definition of movie sets.

(1) The thumbnail view does not group movie sets even though I have that setting checked

(2) I never see the "Movies" or "TV Shows" menu items, just "Videos"

(3) When I pick a movie with a left mouse click I get taken to an intermediate screen that shows a "strip of film" icon with the name of the iso scrolling underneath. Shouldn't the icon be the same as in the thumbnail view?

(4) As I move through the views of video I have Thumbnail, Wide, List, & Big list; None of the media info views shown on the Kodi Wiki appear; Were they deprecated?

Configuration: Windows 8.1 64 bit & Kodi with the default Confluence skin; MySQL repository.

[Edit} In further exploration I discovered that the instance of MySQL on my FreeNAS box was misbehaving.and not accepting connections. I moved MySQL to another system and #1, 2, & 4 all resolved. All I can say is that Kodi has odd behavior when it is using a MySQL server and the connection fails.