Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV Player Install Issue Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Fire TV Player that i just purchased not the stick if that matters. I cant get the Kodi file to install. I tried both Adb Fire and FTV to install. They do connect but keep loading all night long and still don't install.

I have tried 14 and TVMC 13.2 Gotham.

ADB Debugging is On
Apps from unknown On

What am i missing?

This seems like it should be an easy install
When you say they do connect, do you mean in ADB? Is it throwing any errors in ADB after typing the command? Have you tried redownloading the .apk and make sure you grabbed the right one?

The process is pretty straight forward, so you might just be missing one little step, bad dl, or not properly connected.

Double check your steps - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_on_Fire_TV

You could always try SPMC, download it through Amazon website, re-sync your AFTV box in settings and it might show up in recents - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201783
I didn't have to type in a command nor did i see one. Below are the I directions i followed.

Is this not correct?

Step 9: Type your device’s “IP Address” which you previously took note of in “Step 5″ of this guide under the “Device address” field within the adbFire application window.

Step 10: Press the “Connect” button under the field where you just typed your devices “IP Address” within, and wait a few seconds for your computer to connect to the device over your home network.

Step 11: Click on the “Install APK” button under the “System processes” heading.

Step 12: When prompted to select your desired APK file, Navigate to the location of the TVMC or Kodi APK file which you should have already downloaded in “Step 7″ of this guide.

Step 13: Press the “Open” button once you’ve selected the Kodi APK file you wish to install.

Step 14: When prompted, Press the “Yes” button to confirm that you wish to sideload Kodi to your Amazon Fire TV device.

Step 15: Wait a few minutes for the installation process to complete, you can see the progress status bar in the lower right of the application window. This is where I get Stopped and the green bar keeps loading

Step 16: Click on the “OK” button once informed that the installation process has been completed. At this point, you may Exit the adbFire application on your computer.
I know in the FireTV Utility App for windows, there is an option to show the command window as it does whatever command you select in the gui. That way you can see if the commands are successful or if any errors occurred. Or you could do it all manually using command/ADB.

Sounds like you're doing everything right if following from the guide. Seeing the command window may give some insight.
I get this message in FTV

cound not find path c:FTV\Details.txt

configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I honestly have no idea what that means, or what just-in-time debugging is all about...maybe try the other ADB utility app, or do everything manually.
I used AGK Fire from my phone and it worked perfectly. Must be something with windows 8.1

Thanks