Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live TV not playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using Windows Media Center with Kodi add-on and Amazon Fire. TV will not play, I get this message for all channels: Channel could not be played. Check the log for details. I can't find the log. Live TV in WMC is plays fine. HELP!Confused

Update: Issue resolved. I had to go to network and sharing - advance sharing settings - password protected sharing - turn off password protected sharing
(2015-01-30, 17:26)C.W. Wrote: [ -> ]I am using Windows Media Center with Kodi add-on and Amazon Fire. TV will not play, I get this message for all channels: Channel could not be played. Check the log for details. I can't find the log. Live TV in WMC is plays fine. HELP!Confused

Update: Issue resolved. I had to go to network and sharing - advance sharing settings - password protected sharing - turn off password protected sharing

I am experiencing the same issue here but the difference is that I am using a Nexus Player vs your Amazon Fire TV. With that said, would you be able to explain where you adjusted your settings for "Network and Sharing"? Was this somewhere in Kodi or was this on your Windows computer?
C.W.,

Never mind. I found this to be on the Windows side and got it working. I appreciate you editing your original response to reflect what you did to fix it. Your edit/reply helped me solve my issue as well