Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - button light permantly active when kodi is active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 android tablet with android 4.4.2 and this tablet has 3 buttons below the display and 2 of them have a backlight.

There's a system-setting to control the backlight and it allows to turn off the backlight 1,5s after usage, 6s after usage or to disable the backlight at all.

In case I select one of the first 2 options something strange is happening when I start kodi (had this problem at first with xbmc 13.x and now it continues with kodi 14.0 and also 14.1):

the backlight is permantly turned on... and will never turn off.

Of course the backlight is quite distracting when watching videos in dark areas.. so the only workaround is to disable the backlight in the device settings before I stark kodi... not that comfortable at all.

Any ideas what I can try or who I need to contact to get this little detail fixed?

Using the search I found this post that seems to be identical 2 mine, but as it is quite old and contains no really usefull input, I thought it's better to start a new thread. But at least it shows that not only my device is concerned by this bug.

Thanks in advance.