Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 14.1 Crashes HDMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I tried upgrading Kodi from 14.0 to 14.1 stable on my Matricom Gbox Q. Upon loading the splash screen comes up but after about 5 seconds the screen goes black and I can't do anything else unless I unplug the HDMI and plug it back in...sort of like the HDMI connection needs a reset.

I dropped back to 14.0 and no issues. I read another post regarding someone with an MX2 needing install SuperSU instead of using the superuser app and that allowed then to fix what apparently was a root access issue. But there is not root binary for the Q so this will not solve the problem.

Any ideas from anyone else would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat. Its been going on with every build since 14.0. I didn't realize it was an HDMI issue. I'm on gbox q as well and I went back 14.0. Hopefully the devs will be able to find a fix.
Are there any issue with Q box running KODI 14 stable?
14.0 stable works fine for me.
14.0 stable is flawless for me as well.
Yes 14.0 works great on my matricom q box but I wish one of kodi staff would address the problem we are having with 14.1
Black screen on gbox q needs fix
We can't even reproduce the issue with other boxes that have the same S802 chip. At the very least, you guys need to start posting debug logs (wiki).
The debug log doesn't show a video playing when debugging is on. First turn debugging on and then play the video, and upload that log.
We need crashlog beside Debug Log
What happens is when u install kodi it saids first run then after that it goes black u cant see nothing but u can hear the sound
The log starts with skin errors. Then goes on doing loading things like "addon toolkit" Wink

Please backup your current setup, uninstall and reinstall from scratch. Then, if the issue is still there, post a new log.
Will do
How do you get a debug log from a screen that is black, anyone know how to retrieve the log using es file manager, what the path to the log would be?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6