Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why Only Positive Ratings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2015-02-04, 07:38)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-04, 04:32)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]The +/- button is cryptic, something like what XDA has would be good - a 'thank user for this post' button and instead of reputation you have 'thanks received'. I don't really care about the numbers but being thanked for helping is always nice.

... I often get people with too few posts to give a rating asking me where the +/- button is. I regard that as a thank you in itself and it is always enough.

+1
I always thought it was a thank you... I never even knew about the negative thing. I agree with the "always nice to get a thank you sentiment" but personally I will help either way no matter if it will get me a rep point or not. I think if it was changed to a thank you button that would remove some of the competition I noticed associated with it. Just my two cents Smile
necroposting? necroposting.

Once upon a time the above happened, because it was better to be positive than negative. This meant manually deleting the remaining negative rep points. I can't do that anymore, but I'm OCD, so I'll leave this here for someone else to clean up:

http://forum.kodi.tv/reputation.php?uid=23774

Cheers.
Done. thx
The problem with negative rating is that people will most probably rate negative even when nothing offensive has been said, only because they disagree with the opinion expressed in the post....
I have had someone use the reputation thingy to give me negative feedback.
(2016-10-19, 08:58)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had someone use the reputation thingy to give me negative feedback.

Fixed it for you. That user is already banned some days ago.
(2016-10-19, 09:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-19, 08:58)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had someone use the reputation thingy to give me negative feedback.

Fixed it for you. That user is already banned some days ago.

Thanks. Yes I saw him get banned, he was a very interesting fellow
Pages: 1 2