Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't get video to display Fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
got a problem with this new android box i got - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobie-Amlogic-Co...B00Q8DWZQK
Cant seem to get anything to play in fullscreen, messed around with nearly every setting and no luck.

The UI is fine its just when i come to play videos. Can anyone help?
much appreciated.

Im not sure why the Display mode is greyed out at "windowed" also the resolution is fixed.
Try updating Kodi to v14.1: http://kodi.tv/download/
(2015-02-01, 04:27)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Try updating Kodi to v14.1: http://kodi.tv/download/

it is 14.1

kodi-14.1-Helix-armeabi-v7a.apk
i have kodi 14/1 running on a fire tv and also a raspberry pi with openelec and video playback is fine on those.
Im guessing its related to the amlogic but i dont have a clue how to solve this
You probably have a permission issue.

I've seen a lot of such issues recently and it seems to come down to the fact that those boxes come pre-rooted, with root permissions given to org.xbmc.xbmc but not org.xbmc.kodi, and no proper permissions applied in firmware, whether by incompetence, lazyness or whatever other reason.
So, they basically rely on Kodi to change the permissions of system files so that it can run properly.

A lot of users seem able to solve this problem by replacing the builtin root manager by SuperSU.
If this is above your technical skills, please contact the vendor of the box.
(2015-02-01, 08:57)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]You probably have a permission issue.

I've seen a lot of such issues recently and it seems to come down to the fact that those boxes come pre-rooted, with root permissions given to org.xbmc.xbmc but not org.xbmc.kodi, and no proper permissions applied in firmware, whether by incompetence, lazyness or whatever other reason.
So, they basically rely on Kodi to change the permissions of system files so that it can run properly.

A lot of users seem able to solve this problem by replacing the builtin root manager by SuperSU.
If this is above your technical skills, please contact the vendor of the box.

hi, thanks for the help
i dont think its that as the device hasn't come rooted. I installed superSU and it couldnt be used. Rootchecker also shows its not rooted.

Another pic

ive emailed the manufacturer but it could be days before i hear a response, of which might not even be useful.
Does anyone have any ideas I can try to resolve this?

Tried already using keyboard and typing \
Tried HDMi auto detect on/off
Tried calibration
Tried about 6 versions of kodi/xbmc
It might require flashing another firmware. I would inquire about this here: http://www.freaktab.com/forumdisplay.php...05-devices
I had trouble with my picture, it was the opposite and was to big and i resolved this by changing the settings in the display menu in the android main settings not the kodi settings. It needed to be changed from 1080p to 720 and that seemed to do the trick. Hope this helps
(2015-02-02, 21:51)tc8791 Wrote: [ -> ]I had trouble with my picture, it was the opposite and was to big and i resolved this by changing the settings in the display menu in the android main settings not the kodi settings. It needed to be changed from 1080p to 720 and that seemed to do the trick. Hope this helps

Before you changed it, was the entire display, including the GUI, off the screen, or was the GUI fine, but the video was off the screen?
It was just the video it seemed like the picture was too big so you could only see 3/4 of the picture the gui was fine but as soon as i changed the resolution the problem was fixed this was with a MX android box
Similar maybe even the same issue......I'm using KODI 14.1 on Android g-box Q by Matricom. I have found that the video calibation in settings/video output will NOT show the top LEFT corner right angle guide no matter what i do with my mouse pointer left click; its fine with the bottom right corner, the middle square & bottom subtitle bar. Also I've found my Genesis menus on the left side of the screen are cut off about half of each word on the left most side. I'm displaying on a LCD Sony Bravia 40" around 5 years old.

Seems that the entire desktop in Kodi is shifted to the left and I would have to zoom down to -16% for the entire task bar and KODI brand name on top left side to show up. I know on conventional PC monitors they have buttons to center the display and eliminate any empty blacked out portion of the monitor display; filling entire viewable screen space by left right top bottom stretching or moving display. Is this whats going on and I need to get into my Sony to find a solution?

Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions
(2015-02-02, 21:51)tc8791 Wrote: [ -> ]I had trouble with my picture, it was the opposite and was to big and i resolved this by changing the settings in the display menu in the android main settings not the kodi settings. It needed to be changed from 1080p to 720 and that seemed to do the trick. Hope this helps

you are a genius, I did that myself and it's worked.
but that detriments the kodi screen itself, as the 1080 is surely better than 720, how do we go about making them both 1080? just a thought.
For this box, the video is still in 1080 even if the interface is set to 720.
Pages: 1 2