Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music library: Album-Artist tag of compilations not used if Musicbrainz ID exists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

how do I tell KODI (15.0-ALPHA1 Git:2015-01-31-db54f53-dirty) to ignore Musicbrainz IDs (MBID) completely even if there exist files containing MBIDs?
I'm asking the question because the wiki pages state the following:
Quote:MusicBrainz tag reading/online overriding is enabled by default. The setting for this can be found in Settings -> Music -> Library -> Override song tags with online information
Is turned off.

Quote:If you don't have MusicBrainz tags and you have the option turned off, you should see the exact same as you saw in v12 Frodo.
Works.

Quote:If you don't have MusicBrainz tags and you have the option turned on, you should see the exact same as you saw in v12 Frodo.
Works.

Quote:If you have MusicBrainz tags and you have the option turned off, you should see the exact same as you saw in v12 Frodo.
Does not work.

Cheers
Even rebuilding the database didn't change anything.
Well, after a further inspection I figured out that KODI uses the custom tags indeed. But what happens actually is that KODI does not use the user defined album-interpret field as artist when the compilation flag is set to 1.
For a summary I deleted my DB once again and setup the following prerequisites:

- Added two albums (A) and (B) to the database
- (A) does carry MBIDs
- (B) does not carry MBIDs

Test 1:
- (A) and (B) are set to "Compilation = 1"

Result:
- (A) does not appear inside the "Artist" section at all
- (B) does appear inside the "Artist" section using data from the "Album-Artist" tag field

Test 2:
- (A) and (B) are set to "Compilation = 0"

Result:
- (A) and (B) do appear inside the "Artist" section using data from the "Album-Artist" tag field

Is this the intended behaviour or is it rather a bug?
If it is intended, then what's the intention behind it?