Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HP Chromebox Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm new to all this so hope someone can help.

I just bought this great box installed openelec 5.0 through the script as a standalone. But streaming live video at 720p or 1080p sometimes seems leggy and picture quality is grainy. I had raspbmc before on pi and that was perfect. Can somebody help me with this. Maybe some recommended settings would be helpful.

Thanks
Have you followed the wiki for setting up a chromebox? Tell us somemore about your Live TV setup.
Basically I'm streaming live hd tv. So not using a tv tuner, yes I'm running standalone OE. Did everything the wiki page said.
Using wifi or lan?
Lan
When you seen green grass it looks blurred. Also shapes are not smooth. Raspberry pi was perfect
well, if it's a legal streaming service, provide a link so someone else can confirm the issue. If it's not, then you're on your own. From your description, it sure sounds like you're just streaming a much lower bitrate/resolution stream than you were before -- nothing to do with the ChromeBox or its configuration.
It's bbc Iplayer. I have played same videos on raspberry pi and they are fine. It seems during fast shots it pixelates
I been reading about updating kernel.would that help?
Are you comparing the same version of Kodi and the add-on between the two devices? There's no way to update components of OpenELEC, it's all or nothing.
Hi,

I'm trying to copy my Xrandr settings however it won't allow me to connect to SSH.

I have added the Enable text to openelec via samba.

Can anyone help with this issue?