Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 14.1 cannot connect to the internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I installed the last stable release Kodi 14.1 "Helix" on Android tablet, running 4.2.2 version. After that i tried to add sources, but whatever http:// i put, was with no success, but giving the following message "Could not retrieve directory information ...". I checked the addresses, the internet connection, everything was OK. Just to mention, i was able to open these http:// addresses in the browser and downloaded manually what i wanted. So, the next thing was to check some settings and the system info in Kodi. Under the system info/network i saw that there is no internet connection. I tried different networks (diff places), wireless and ethernet, dynamic and static IPs, reinstalling Kodi, but nothing change the situation. The last thing i did was to install another version and i choose the last 15.0...alpha from 1/2/15 and suddenly i got the internet connection done. I have installed Kodi 14.1 on 5 different android tablets, running diff versions, 4.1, 4.2, 4.4, and they work just perfect.
I would appreciate if you could explain me, or just give me a clue, why Kodi 14.1 wasn't able to establish internet connection for the last tablet?
Thank you.
Mine won't work either. I reinstalled it thinking it was a local issue but it won't start no matter what. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I think there is some information on the wiki regarding how a web server has to be setup to be properly usable under Kodi.

IIRC, the way it works is that the standard Web page showing files has to be in a proper format to be parsed correctly, ie no fancy, enhanced, directory listing.

Note: If you actually own the web server, webdav is the way to go.
Seems that i have the same Problem. I thought it could be a Problem with the Time-Zone-Settings. The Box who didn't work could not get the automatic time Zone.
Anybody an idea why Kodi can't connet to Internet, only to LAN
but the box is connected to Internet