Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote not working with NUC 2820
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got an Intel NUC 2820 setup, dual booting into Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu. I tried installing Kodi on both Windows and Ubuntu to see which I preferred. I have things working, except my MCE remote does not work under either installation. I've done some searching, and it looks like most people get the MCE remotes to work by installing the Consumer Infrared drivers from Intel, which I did under Windows. I tried my VRC-1100 MCE Remote (I use it on my Windows 7 Media Center setup), and it doesn't work. This link makes it seem like it should work, p://kodi.wiki/view/VRC-1100, and this link says it should work out of the box under the latest Ubuntu install http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Configure_V...for_Ubuntu.

I also tried by Vizio TV remote, which I have setup to control my Xbox 360 extender. It did not work either.

I tried plugging in the USB IR receiver that came with the VRC-1100, and that works fine under Windows (I have not tried it with Ubuntu). But I want to use the built in receiver.

When I look at Device Manager in Windiws, it shows the ITECIR Infrared Receiver (SIO2) and a Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver both installed with no errors. I also confirmed the CIR is enabled in BIOS.

How can I troubleshoot this? Is it possible that the CIR on the NUC is dead?

I want to use this to replace my Xbox as a Media Center extender, and the remote control needs to work.