Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How can I hide the IMDb ratings, SD/HD indicator, etc?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up a machine for my parents to use, to save them from spending an hour a day (no exaggeration) flipping through DVD binders and trying to remember the premises of each movie in their collection. All working lovely with the Media Info view and Confluence skin, but they find the amount of information presented at once to be a little overwhelming. These are people who call iPads "Game Boys", so I'm trying to keep things simple for them.

To that end, I'd really like it if I could remove some of the information displayed. In the file list, the little indicator that reads "SD" or "HD", and the numerical rating (I think drawn from IMDb or TheMovieDB). In the media info itself, the SD/HD indicator, video format indicator ("xvid", "h264", etc), sound indicator ("Dolby Digital", "2.0"), the aspect ratio indicator. They don't understand what these things indicate and don't really care to, so if I can make the UI that much simpler for them, it'd be great.

How do I go about doing this? I had a poke around in the skin folder, and it seems like the kind of thing that could be done by editing XML files, but I'm not sure which files are controlling this view. Some tips would be great.