Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I want the same show twice...... What do I need to pull this off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Been trying to add show X from hard drive A (my HDD) and the exact same show X from hard drive B (my GFs HDD) to my library. I know it sounds weird but we both want our own separate watch status for that (these) show(s). Show X from HDD A should appear under the "My Shows" main menu item and show X from HDD B should appear under the "Her Shows" main menu item. So far things don't work as expected.
I would like to know what do I need to change on the exact copy of show X on drive B for it not to be treated as show X on Drive A? I am getting tired of messing up my library and files trying to accomplish this, so here I am.
Hope someone can chime in on this.
If I am not clear on what I am trying to do, let me know and I will gladly take the time to explain more.

C.SC
I would recommend looking into Profiles.
Yah, I did at the beginning, But the constant changing of profiles was a killer in the streamlining of the enjoyment. It still is on my list of possible solutions but its the last one I will take, if and only if I have to. Also changing profile sometimes made the main menus not work properly for some reason. I was on Gotham and MQ5 at the time.... I never went farther on that problem.
You might be able to do this using some kind of .strm file that points back to the original file. However, even if that works, you have a second problem where TV shows with the same TVDB ID are consolidated, so you would have to generate .nfo files for them and change the ID in the .nfo file. I think.
Changing the ID did the trick. Thanks Ned Scott.

Also, for anyone wanting to accomplish this, I added an "." at the end of the <title> tag (ie replace "</title>" with ".</title>") and at the end of the <showtitle> tag in EVERY nfo of the shows. I don't know if it's relevant, it was my last attempt to make this work and I wasn't in the mood to take them out. So in case changing the ID is only half the solution, this is everything that I did to get the result I was looking for.

Thanks again Ned Scott. You saved me from more of that trial and error (and fixing) Smile

C.SC
Nice, I wasn't sure that would work :D