Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't delete music source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 14.10.
I created my first music source, which happens to be from afp://blah blah. I had trouble using afp, so I changed it to use smb://blah blah. However, during scanning, kodi is still stubernly trying to access the afp: source. I deleted all sources from the gui. I deleted the source from mediasources.xml. Still no good. I started scanning every .xml file in the .kodi directory, but there is no reference. Perhaps there is some reference in the database. Ages ago I remember having this problem with a video source. I think I ended up tearing down and rebuilding the entire installation. I am not anxious to repeat this experience.

How the heck can I delete an old music source?
Problem was not that the source was not deleted, it was that some songs were scanned into the library. My setup was to update the library on startup, so all of the old links were checked on startup. But since my afp: source was flakey, it would fail.

Solution:
* Turn off automatic update of music
* Stop Kodi
* unplug ethernet (or shutdown machine where songs resided)
* Restart Kodi
* Clean Song library to delete old references. Expect this to take a while since it will attempt to access each song and have to timeout on each.
I'm bumping into this right now. Sounds like an 'opportunity' for an enterprising add-on author: "Remove library entries that aren't within current sources!"