Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-10, 09:23)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Until things like this are accessible from the library database it wont be in the skin. I don't want to use hacks that reference local files because it just makes for more issues than its worth.

No worries mate, not a deal breaker, skin is too awesome for that.
Hi Jurial, any chance of current weather on the homepage?
So I actually ditched Plex Home Theater and installed Kodi 14.1 on both my workstations with a MySQL backend so I am able to enjoy this very nice skin.

Few questions/remarks:
  • Are you planning to add a low list view? I remember asking you before during the early development stage of your Eminence skin, but I'm wondering if a low list view does fit the design paradigm of the arctic skin. I like having a low list view in Kodi :-)
  • Fanart doesn't seem to be working for the spotlight widget when using the recently added movies and/or spotlight widget. TV-shows works just fine. (I was using version 0.9.7 at the time)
  • For now the widget seems to be global; (as in the same widget for each section). Is it possible to use a different widget for each section?

Thanks again for your very fine work. +1
Anybody use this on Openelec 5.01?
(2015-02-10, 10:36)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, any chance of current weather on the homepage?
Yeah I've been thinking about this for a while. Main problem I'm having is where to put it?

(2015-02-10, 11:02)FREAKJAM Wrote: [ -> ]So I actually ditched Plex Home Theater and installed Kodi 14.1 on both my workstations with a MySQL backend so I am able to enjoy this very nice skin.

Few questions/remarks:
  • Are you planning to add a low list view? I remember asking you before during the early development stage of your Eminence skin, but I'm wondering if a low list view does fit the design paradigm of the arctic skin. I like having a low list view in Kodi :-)
  • Fanart doesn't seem to be working for the spotlight widget when using the recently added movies and/or spotlight widget. TV-shows works just fine. (I was using version 0.9.7 at the time)
  • For now the widget seems to be global; (as in the same widget for each section). Is it possible to use a different widget for each section?

Thanks again for your very fine work. +1
(1) Check latest git. There is now an option to use a low list instead of the full list. When List view is selected, choose "use low list" from side menu.
(2) Fanart is working fine for me.
(3) You can change widgets for individual items in the home customisation menu (Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu). Just highlight the item you want to change on the left side, then choose "Select Widget" from the middle menu.

(2015-02-10, 11:24)cink Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody use this on Openelec 5.01?
Yes, I do.
(2015-02-10, 11:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ](1) Check latest git. There is now an option to use a low list instead of the full list. When List view is selected, choose "use low list" from side menu.
(2) Fanart is working fine for me.
(3) You can change widgets for individual items in the home customisation menu (Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu). Just highlight the item you want to change on the left side, then choose "Select Widget" from the middle menu.

You are a machine! Will update to latest git and test the skin again tonight. Perhaps cause I am using a MySQL database, fanart is giving me some problems. Concerning the widgets you are probably right; I was messing with the widgets whilst in the home menu. Will try to set the widgets tonight using the skin settings menu.

Thank you.
(2015-02-10, 11:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 11:24)cink Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody use this on Openelec 5.01?
Yes, I do.

Me too. It works fine. No outstanding issues so far.
Thx guys
Wow, great looking skin! Thanks Jurial!
A few small things I've noticed:
- the text on the subtitle offset dialog is very dark, so it’s a bit difficult to read,
- the filename at the bottom of the subtitles dialog is also difficult to read from a distance, because it’s pretty small and light.
Could you maybe increase the contrast/size there?
Great skin so far. I would love to see a home screen widget that displays my calendar of upcoming show episodes based on the next aired TV show add-on. I would really like a widget like this to display when I hover over the live TV home screen item as it would reflect my recordings schedule.

Also this skin in light theme is very easy to read on my 47" TV from the couch. I think its easier to read them eminence.

Keep up the good work
(2015-02-10, 11:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 10:36)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, any chance of current weather on the homepage?
Yeah I've been thinking about this for a while. Main problem I'm having is where to put it?

that would be sweet.
could it be a widget, so if you have weather in your main menu it could load and show certain information.

I know that weather is a touchy topic. especially when adding it to home screen.
This is a very clean looking skin. Nice work.

Any plans to support the VideoExtras addon?
(2015-02-10, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 06:20)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, is it possible to have the top header only show temporarily? Maybe give the options for it to hide itself after so many seconds?
Do you mean on the home screen or everywhere? And on what basis would it show/hide?

Only on the home screen. where the top part would hide itself after maybe 20 seconds (or there could be options: Hide after 10 secs, 20 and 30 sec and don't hide or turn off)

One other thing, will you give the option to show the current weather screenshots as you did with Arctic?
I really like this skin .
Very beautiful and pleasant .
but for me it has a defect the plot information of movies and greatly reduced the level of informarção .
It is not possible to increase the plot menu of movies?
thank you.
Great skin i love it
but, i miss the power button
and something from a beginner
youre first post was 7 mb and afther that 3.52 mb
did i miss something , of are there less files in youre work

i am fan of this skin
thank you for the great work you do