Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-12, 16:25)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]How to enable weather widget ?

The way you enable any other widget.
Skin Settings > Home > Customise Home > Select Widget > Weather

From the FAQ:
Q. Why can't I use the weather widget?
A. You need to set up weather fanart first. Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Set weather fanart. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=41650 for weather fanart packs.

(2015-07-12, 20:04)dirtydesaster Wrote: [ -> ]Will be there a Isengaard version?
Yes

(2015-07-12, 20:06)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]Another couple likely dumb questions Sad

How do I get the "In Cinemas" widget to show up over the 'Movies' tab like I see in some of the screenshots in this thread?

Also, is there a way to have movie fanart cycle as the background for the 'Movies' tab, and TV show fanart to cycle through the 'TV Shows' tab? I've been able to do that on other skins, but can't seem to figure it out on this one. I see that I can set each tab to 'multi-image', but then it asks me to dig down to a folder of images on my hard drive. I'm not exactly sure where the standard fanart gets auto downloaded by all the scrapers.

In cinemas:
Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu > Select Widget > In Cinemas

You could set a random movies widget for the movies tab and a random episodes widget for the tv show tab in home customisation.

Alternatively, you can use a smart playlist as the background (there should be some preinstalled skin playlists you can use - random movies and random episodes). These show up in "Select background". If they dont then hit back and choose "select background" again until they do (sometimes take a moment for the shortcuts script to load them).
(2015-07-13, 01:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]In cinemas:
Skin Settings > Home > Customise home menu > Select Widget > In Cinemas

You could set a random movies widget for the movies tab and a random episodes widget for the tv show tab in home customisation.

Alternatively, you can use a smart playlist as the background (there should be some preinstalled skin playlists you can use - random movies and random episodes). These show up in "Select background". If they dont then hit back and choose "select background" again until they do (sometimes take a moment for the shortcuts script to load them).

Thanks x2! I'm loving the In Cinemas widget, and the smart playlist route is working flawlessly. Awesome job on an amazing skin.
(2015-07-05, 20:54)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]i like to see a shadow behind the watched sign for better visibility.
I'd like it if the watched status was a bit more visible too. Maybe a white triangle in the top right corner under the tick?
Hi Im using this skin with Isengaard and would like to use the these smart playlists mentioned as backgrounds for my home screen but can only see single image or multi image as options and any amount of reloading does nothing to the options?

Also, is their anyway to allow music playlists to start at startup with this skin as with these two things solved ive found my favourite new skin! Great work by the way Smile
Hi. I am using version 1.5.2 (dark theme dark menus) and am seeing strange behavior when I un-pause a show. Of course the timeline, icons, etc show up when I pause the show, but when I un-pause, I see the timeline/icons disappear, but the black bar on the bottom stays for another 1/2 second and then disappears. I know... a picky thing, but looks strange that everything at the bottom doesn't disappear all at once when you un-pause the show.
(2015-07-13, 20:42)wagnumpi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Im using this skin with Isengaard and would like to use the these smart playlists mentioned as backgrounds for my home screen but can only see single image or multi image as options and any amount of reloading does nothing to the options?

Also, is their anyway to allow music playlists to start at startup with this skin as with these two things solved ive found my favourite new skin! Great work by the way Smile

Just wanted to point out ive just updated to the latest version of the skin and I can see my music playlists but no preloaded skin playlists when trying to select backgrounds. Can i acquire these from somewhere and if so where do they need to be put so I can select them?

Thank you in advance!
The more I use this skin, the more I like it. A few small nits I've thought up as I've used the skin. Would love to hear some thoughts on them:

1. I've been liking the classic widget view in horizontal mode. I've noticed, however, that the name of the widgets (i.e 'In Theaters' or 'Popular Movies') is not displayed unless I press up into the widget itself. When I played around with the vertical mode, the name of the widget was viewable even when you weren't "in" the widget. Is there a way to get that sort of behavior in the horizontal condition? I found that going from 'classic' to 'normal' mode with the widget makes the name viewable as well, but then it only shows the first widget listing. I much prefer the longer list to be shown in the 'classic' view.

2. The check mark "watched" indicator is really hard to see on media icons. Is there a way to have a shadow or background shape behind it? Just something to make it more easily seen?

3. Is there any way to make the home menu text larger? I already have font set to 'large' in the settings, but I'd love to have the menu itself ('Movies,' 'TV Shows,' 'Settings,' 'Power,' etc.) shown a little bit bigger. By default it looks great as-is on my computer, but when I'm using Kodi on my big screen TV across the living room, it'd be nice to have the home menu options a little larger. Some sort of controllable slider/setting would be awesome.

That's pretty much all I can think of. Everything else seems perfect to me.
I'm running the 1.3 Repo version and I love your skin, it is very fresh and crisp.
In the TV Shows submenu I have a My TV Shows button but I can't for the life of me figure out what is does or should do.

EDIT:
Never mind they were submenus that still existed from my previous skin,
could we get
SkinSettings.xml

@line 368
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[20342] [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31178][/LOWERCASE]</label>
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343] [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[31178][/LOWERCASE]</label>

completely arctic localized ? at least at the german localisation it looks ugly like hell

Kodi local 20342 = Movies
Arctic local 31178 = Hub items
result is Movie hub items but at german we need Movie-Hub Items Huh
1.6.1 - Coming to a Repo near you soon!

New Music Vis Screen:

Hi Jurial,

Excellent work on the new OSD ! Really cool ...

I have a little suggestion/question (forgive me if it has been asked before) : would it be possible to have an option to not show the watched indicator, and instead having an option to show a little icon only on the unwatched items (the one with the little blue star). I like this approach a lot better, as it doesn't "cripple" the skin with multiple litlle green checkmarks, wich is pretty much the only thing i dislike in the skin Wink

Hope you can take this into consideration, have a nice day Cool
Hi,

I played with the xml for having a widget on horizontal home.

What do you think? Jurial, can you consider adding something similar?
I can post the xml if you want but i'm not an expert so it's probably not very clean.
Hey jurial,

thank you for the newest version of artic. Still an amazing skin.

Can you implement a fallback if the artist slideshow has no pictures to slide through? So it won't be black but show the album artwork or something like that?
If that something that has to be done by an addon, please let me know.
I know it sounds stupid...but Dark with dark dialogues and Dark with light dialogues looks the same to me. What is the difference? Or maybe the question is...what is intended as "dialogue"?
The latest version of the skin is fantastic. Love the new info screen. Thank you so much.

(2015-07-19, 02:54)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]Hey jurial,

thank you for the newest version of artic. Still an amazing skin.

Can you implement a fallback if the artist slideshow has no pictures to slide through? So it won't be black but show the album artwork or something like that?
If that something that has to be done by an addon, please let me know.

This gets a +1 for me. I mentioned a similar request here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228744