Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ID for widgets list control is 301. The window is Home.xml but the actual code is in Includes_Home.xml
However, I don't think what you are trying to achieve is possible... At least I don't know how to do it just with a key map (probably possible with a python script though). If you manage to do this, let me know how you did it as I'm very interested in what method you used.
I just went through dialogvideoinfo.xml and the extendedinfo-script version of it, and it seems to be far easier to simply change the extended info window to view certain local infos, based on the condition if the DBID is empty or not, so that it looks like dialogvideoinfo for videos that are in the library. But why are there two different dialog infos anyways? I always thought it would be way clearer if the same window just acts differently, whether a movie or show has a local library entry or not.
Because extended info is provided by an addon. The inbuilt one is called by the info key and uses database info, whereas extended info makes calls to the themoviedb api for info. Also there are certain built in functions not exposed to extended info like refresh, get thumbs and trailer. These have to be accessed from video info.

Also without a python script that makes json calls to the local database, you're going to have a hard time accessing local info from the extended info page. The skinning engine doesn't natively expose videodb info to Windows outside of myvideonav (video info is a dialog inside that window).
Hi,

Could you point me in the right direction to the right XML to change the vertical menu text to white and the highlight to the highlight colour please ?

The grey text is a bit hard to see for me.

Thanks.

Figured it out now.
Hi

Jurial, There s an information provide by extended info script that you should add to your skin: concerts around me. I think there are 2 possible options.
- on artist info window
- maybe a new widget like the widge "in cinemas"
Not sure if the second one 's possible but it could be really awesome.
I know you re working in Isengard changes (thx for that) but it could be a Nice idea for futur.
In a future update can you add the ability to list the movies in a collection when navigating / searching.

Similar to how Arctic Zephyr: Exploded is doing it in their MOD.

how usable is isengard with this skin?
i saw in git that you already started work on making the skin work, is it safe to upgrade already or isn't it ready yet?
thanks for making my favourite skin work with isengard Wink
Love the skin, very clean. However, when I click on Playlist in the OSD of the "Now Playing" screen nothing happens. How do I see the Music Queue?
Amazing skin, especially now with the vertical menu!

There are two UI element inconsistencies (in my opinion, ofcourse) though:

1. The short, curved progress bars in the PVR windows. I'm not sure this matches the rest of the skin, and would look great if they were longer/thinner (therefore displaying more accurate information) and were rectangular like the progress bar in the video OSD

2. During PVR playback, pressing "c" brings up the channel list. There is a blue diagonal-striped texture that I don't see anywhere else in the skin

Feel free to ignore, love your work!
When i choose the weather forecast widget, nothing appears? So dont know where the problem is here
(2015-07-26, 23:14)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]When i choose the weather forecast widget, nothing appears? So dont know where the problem is here

Did you look at the faq? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221411 Maybe it helps Smile
(2015-07-26, 23:14)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]When i choose the weather forecast widget, nothing appears? So dont know where the problem is here
Currently it does exactly the same thing as weather fanart widget. It's a place holder atm. In the future it will be a separate weather will widget.
(2015-07-25, 10:36)pseudoheld Wrote: [ -> ]how usable is isengard with this skin?
i saw in git that you already started work on making the skin work, is it safe to upgrade already or isn't it ready yet?
thanks for making my favourite skin work with isengard Wink
Everything should be up to date now. I would actually appreciate if people can update and check everything is working properly before I send a PR request to official repo. Most of the changes were fairly trivial anyway.
(2015-07-26, 04:46)TeflonDog Wrote: [ -> ]Love the skin, very clean. However, when I click on Playlist in the OSD of the "Now Playing" screen nothing happens. How do I see the Music Queue?
Should be fixed now.
(2015-07-24, 09:05)GuiZ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Jurial, There s an information provide by extended info script that you should add to your skin: concerts around me. I think there are 2 possible options.
- on artist info window
- maybe a new widget like the widge "in cinemas"
Not sure if the second one 's possible but it could be really awesome.
I know you re working in Isengard changes (thx for that) but it could be a Nice idea for futur.
Ill keep it in mind for the future. Uni semester starts this week so probably won't have much time for new features for a while now.
(2015-07-24, 16:55)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]In a future update can you add the ability to list the movies in a collection when navigating / searching.

I thought I had already integrated the info service addon. Maybe I haven't I will have to check when I'm near the computer (posting from my phone atm).
(2015-07-27, 00:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Everything should be up to date now. I would actually appreciate if people can update and check everything is working properly before I send a PR request to official repo. Most of the changes were fairly trivial anyway.

Look in bug reports thread.

Recent albums does not show with classic home screen and button up enabled to show widget (since v1.7.0). Same bug with favourites.

Working on previous releases and working if button up to show widget is not enabled..
(2015-07-27, 00:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-26, 04:46)TeflonDog Wrote: [ -> ]Love the skin, very clean. However, when I click on Playlist in the OSD of the "Now Playing" screen nothing happens. How do I see the Music Queue?
Should be fixed now.

Nice!
Thanks
(2015-07-27, 00:17)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 16:55)Feralwolf Wrote: [ -> ]In a future update can you add the ability to list the movies in a collection when navigating / searching.

I thought I had already integrated the info service addon. Maybe I haven't I will have to check when I'm near the computer (posting from my phone atm).

I'm not sure if it's dependent on any addon, except maybe artwork downloader, but I'm the one who took that screenshot, what I did was create a collection called "Marvel Universe" and added all my Marvel movies into it (this is built in to kodi http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets) then I went into the context menu, selected "manage" then "choose art" and added some artwork I found online. For the logo (I actually don't think this skin supports logos, but exploaded does) you have to select "add art" and name it "clearlogo" (after which all of my collections had that added to them). Also the disks shown at the bottom are only in exploded.

Of course first you have to go to settings/videos/library and enable "group movies in sets".

Here is the result for RWBY (it was not easy to get those scraped into the movie section, i pretty much had to make my own nfo, if anyone has a way to scrape a tv show like a movie plz let me know)