Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love it! Fantastic looking skin!
(2015-02-10, 16:18)jonasvugt Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, great looking skin! Thanks Jurial!
A few small things I've noticed:
- the text on the subtitle offset dialog is very dark, so it’s a bit difficult to read,
- the filename at the bottom of the subtitles dialog is also difficult to read from a distance, because it’s pretty small and light.
Could you maybe increase the contrast/size there?
Fixed both on latest git. Also realized I accidentally removed the slider texture so I fixed that too.

(2015-02-10, 17:27)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin so far. I would love to see a home screen widget that displays my calendar of upcoming show episodes based on the next aired TV show add-on. I would really like a widget like this to display when I hover over the live TV home screen item as it would reflect my recordings schedule.

Also this skin in light theme is very easy to read on my 47" TV from the couch. I think its easier to read them eminence.
I think I have an idea for this. I'm going to have a play around with a few things once I get the actual Next Aired dialog skinned.
re font sizes. I really was trying to go for font sizes that look nice on larger TVs. There is this big focus on font sizes for smaller TVs and it doesn't always translate to bigger screens. Plus, somehow the Roboto Condensed font has better readability than the normal Roboto font

(2015-02-10, 18:17)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 11:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 10:36)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Jurial, any chance of current weather on the homepage?
Yeah I've been thinking about this for a while. Main problem I'm having is where to put it?

that would be sweet.
could it be a widget, so if you have weather in your main menu it could load and show certain information.

I know that weather is a touchy topic. especially when adding it to home screen.
Weather widget added. It will use weather fanart set in Skin > Fanart > Set weather fanart.

(2015-02-10, 18:35)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a very clean looking skin. Nice work.

Any plans to support the VideoExtras addon?
Yes, definitely.

(2015-02-10, 20:21)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 06:20)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, is it possible to have the top header only show temporarily? Maybe give the options for it to hide itself after so many seconds?
Do you mean on the home screen or everywhere? And on what basis would it show/hide?

Only on the home screen. where the top part would hide itself after maybe 20 seconds (or there could be options: Hide after 10 secs, 20 and 30 sec and don't hide or turn off)

One other thing, will you give the option to show the current weather screenshots as you did with Arctic?
I'll have a play around with auto hiding the header, but I have a feeling its just going to add too much complexity to the code.

Weather fanart options have been added. Skin Settings > Fanart > Set weather fanart.
After setting weather fanart, you can then choose a weather widget from the widget options.

(2015-02-10, 20:52)HTPCAsus Wrote: [ -> ]I really like this skin .
Very beautiful and pleasant .
but for me it has a defect the plot information of movies and greatly reduced the level of informarção .
It is not possible to increase the plot menu of movies?
thank you.
That's what pressing the info key is for - to see more plot information.

(2015-02-10, 21:14)haan2787 Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin i love it
but, i miss the power button
and something from a beginner
youre first post was 7 mb and afther that 3.52 mb
did i miss something , of are there less files in youre work

i am fan of this skin
thank you for the great work you do
You can add a menu item linked to the shutdown menu with the following custom action:
Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)

re: filesize -- I had a few additional textures originally. I just went through and cleaned out the ones I was no longer using.

(2015-02-10, 22:32)Kaisho Wrote: [ -> ]Love it! Fantastic looking skin!
Thanks Big Grin
This is a beautiful skin. Love it.
Fantastic work! This is a great skin.
Quote:Weather widget added. It will use weather fanart set in Skin > Fanart > Set weather fanart.
Weather widget looks great. I was thinking of a option for consistent weather showing on the top right hand side of the homepage. Just the temp and an icon.

P.S. - Just checked your changelog for today. Have you stopped to eat?!?!?
(2015-02-11, 06:18)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked your changelog for today. Have you stopped to eat?!?!?

lol

Jurial, you're a machine.
Wow Jurial, loving the skin and really impressed on how the skin is progressing!
How would one go about making a widget that shows the artist images when the music tab is selected? Thanks in advance for any help!
I'm not sure if this is a skin issue, extendedinfo script issue or a firetv issue but I can't access extra info.

It errors when trying to send error report.

Question/Request:

Any plans to access normal currently playing info like Eminence when OSD controls are displayed hitting up (or in this case for Arctic: Zephyr down since controls are up top) to access info? Firetv remote doesn't have many buttons.

EDIT:

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/dCgSaErY
(2015-02-11, 11:55)arbl Wrote: [ -> ]How would one go about making a widget that shows the artist images when the music tab is selected? Thanks in advance for any help!
Not really possible currently. I am working on adding some music widgets.

(2015-02-11, 12:04)three80 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure if this is a skin issue, extendedinfo script issue or a firetv issue but I can't access extra info.
It errors when trying to send error report.

Question/Request:

Any plans to access normal currently playing info like Eminence when OSD controls are displayed hitting up (or in this case for Arctic: Zephyr down since controls are up top) to access info? Firetv remote doesn't have many buttons.
Is it for every tv show or only a few? The way I'm using extended info here is not really its intended use - just trying something experimental out. It was working for a few shows I've tested but I'm still trying it out and if it causes too many problems I will ditch it for a standard info button that just pulls up the bottom info. And yes, I will be adding the ability to navigate up/down to open/close the info at the bottom.
wow, jurialmunkey! looks like you are on fire. I totally like your sense of style! it really is a bummer that you can't make a living out of your great work here!
LOVE THE SKIN ! But i want to ask how to change the wallpaper ? I looked everywhere in the settings :X
(2015-02-10, 20:21)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-10, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean on the home screen or everywhere? And on what basis would it show/hide?

Only on the home screen. where the top part would hide itself after maybe 20 seconds (or there could be options: Hide after 10 secs, 20 and 30 sec and don't hide or turn off)

One other thing, will you give the option to show the current weather screenshots as you did with Arctic?
(2015-02-10, 06:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have a play around with auto hiding the header, but I have a feeling its just going to add too much complexity to the code.

Weather fanart options have been added. Skin Settings > Fanart > Set weather fanart.
After setting weather fanart, you can then choose a weather widget from the widget options.

Thanks Jurial, I appreciate it. If adding the option for hiding the top header, don't stress with it. We don't want to slow down your progress or slow down the movement and smoothness of the skin.

Thanks
(2015-02-11, 15:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Is it for every tv show or only a few? The way I'm using extended info here is not really its intended use - just trying something experimental out. It was working for a few shows I've tested but I'm still trying it out and if it causes too many problems I will ditch it for a standard info button that just pulls up the bottom info. And yes, I will be adding the ability to navigate up/down to open/close the info at the bottom.

It errors on every TV show and Movie I've tried it on.
is the new extended info just invoked by pressing info during playback? if so i'm not getting any errors on my end.