Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Jurialmunkey, can you please reach me? We are working on a project and pretty interested in porting one of your skins to the platform. The forum system does not let me to send private messages so thats why I am quoting you. You can reach me at emre [at] xlat.net.

Thank you.

(2015-08-14, 16:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Most films in my collection have banners. You can download them with artwork downloaded. Dont really see the point in disabling views - as nlash said, just don't use them. Kodi remembers what view you set.

Everything in the hub is customisable in skin settings. You can change the name, the widget and all the items. I do plan to add a few more eventually so that you can have more than two though
(2015-08-14, 22:41)omriamos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-14, 19:47)Crssi Wrote: [ -> ]@omriamos:
How do you think "bring back"?
Was the mouse cursor anytime from the start in this skin?

I never had mouse cursor with this skin, but I do have it with other skins (and also the default skin) and I don't understand why it's gone in this skin...

The whole of kodi isn't designed for mouse use.
(2015-08-14, 23:33)Razze Wrote: [ -> ]

I never had mouse cursor with this skin, but I do have it with other skins (and also the default skin) and I don't understand why it's gone in this skin...

Because the skin is not suited for use with a cursor. It's simply not developed against that case.

But this is not very true, my mouse actually works pretty well with it..
I can press the menu buttons, scroll lists, etc'... even right clicks items to open their sub-menu..
Only problem is that I can't SEE THE CURSOR so I can't really use it..
I know it's working because I can use it with TeamViewer from my main PC, but I don't have a cursor on the actual machine. It is simply HIDDEN.
So my question is - can I change some files/code to UN-HIDE it?
Just to clarify - I have the cursor in every other skin including Kodi's default skin. This is the only skin that hides it for some reason, and I want to un-hide it...

This is my keymap.xml:
Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>XBMC.ReloadSkin()</F5>
            <F6>Skin.ToggleSetting(DebugGrid)</F6>
            <F7>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideDebugInfo)</F7>
        </keyboard>
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>leftclick</leftclick>
            <middleclick>ToggleFullScreen</middleclick>
            <rightclick>rightclick</rightclick>
            <doubleclick>doubleclick</doubleclick>
            <wheeldown>down</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>up</wheelup>
            <mousedrag>noop</mousedrag>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
        </mouse>
    </global>
    <SlideShow>
        <mouse>
            <leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
            <rightclick>PreviousMenu</rightclick>
            <wheelup>PreviousPicture</wheelup>
            <wheeldown>NextPicture</wheeldown>
        </mouse>
    </SlideShow>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <mouse>
            <mousemove>noop</mousemove>
            <wheeldown>VolumeDown</wheeldown>
            <wheelup>VolumeUp</wheelup>
            <leftclick>Pause</leftclick>
            <rightclick>select</rightclick>
        </mouse>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2015-08-15, 01:26)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm sorry but this is not true.
I can use my mouse just fine with many other skins including the default skin.
plus, this:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls#Mouse_controls
(2015-08-15, 03:05)omriamos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-15, 01:26)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-14, 22:41)omriamos Wrote: [ -> ]I never had mouse cursor with this skin, but I do have it with other skins (and also the default skin) and I don't understand why it's gone in this skin...

My sorry but this is not true.
I can use my mouse just fine with many other skins including the default skin.
plus, this:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls#Mouse_controls

" Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls." http://kodi.tv/about/

Mouse is not the usual design case for kodi. This skin doesn't support mouse. If you want to make this unusual use case, you'll have to use another skin.
I kinda think the hub views are kinda fascinating, why haven't anyone done that before? I wonder if a skin built around a hub homeview could be interesting. You start at the Movie hub, and press left to go to an inverse TV Hub. (or vice versa) For more hubs, press esc on the home screen (which has no function as of now) and you get a slick 4 way hub selector. Press left/right for movie/TV, up/down for addons/live TV. Anyways, just thinking out loud Smile
(2015-08-15, 03:42)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]" Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media center for playing videos, music, pictures, games, and more. Kodi runs on Linux, OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls." http://kodi.tv/about/
yeah, so?
Are you suggesting that Kodi can't work with KEYBOARDS, for example?
This is ridiculous.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

(2015-08-15, 03:42)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]This skin doesn't support mouse. If you want to make this unusual use case, you'll have to use another skin.
Yes it DOES.
I'm telling you that this skin works GREAT with mouse, after I disabled the "mouse move" event in keymap.xml.
I can click buttons, I can scroll lists with the mouse wheel, I can even click / right-click items on a list.
Only problem is that the mouse cursor is actually INVISIBLE........

ALL I'M ASKING IS HOW DID THIS SKIN MADE THE MOUSE CURSOR DISAPPEAR ?
How can ANY skin developer make the mouse cursor disappear in his skin?

Please guide me on how can one hide the mouse cursor from a skin he's developing, so I'll be able to revert this the make it re-appear......

thanks
Mouse is not supported and is intended to be disabled in settings. Cursor is hidden because I don't include textures for it. I've done this because many parts of the skin will not work correctly when using the mouse and I don't wish to continually explain that mouse use is not supported. You can see what textures are needed in 1080i/pointer.xml - you'll have to figure out what to do from there. I suggest looking at the kodi skinning wiki
(2015-08-14, 05:00)marioluigi123 Wrote: [ -> ]I see two recent questions here that can be easily solved by looking through the Skin Settings.

This is sort of my opinion, and I'm not sure how much support jurialmonkey wants to provide for his awesome skin, but please do a little more research and/or experimentation before posting in the thread. The fact of the matter is that Kodi requires a certain amount of configuration and know-how. If you want 100% simple, buy an Apple TV. If you want customization, flexibility, and features, then take a little time to learn Kodi's functionality.

Now to answer the questions....
Quote:Is there a way to change content that show up in top menu on the home screen?

These are called widgets. Look in the Skin Settings and choose some widgets. On a stock install, you can press up twice (from the nav bar on the bottom) and get a few widget choices. That might not be true on the latest skin versions...I'm a little behind.

Quote:How can i show the fanart of movie or series on the home screen?
Is see only the Kodi Wallpaper from the skin. The option in the settings is enabled.

See above - these are widgets. What settings option do you have enabled?

I hope this isn't too harsh, but I don't want to see great community contributers get burned out answering the same old questions.

It's a bit confusing in the settings and I didn't know that these were widgets. I was trying to search here but this thread is 100+ pages.
Thank for the help Smile
(2015-08-15, 05:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Mouse is not supported and is intended to be disabled in settings. Cursor is hidden because I don't include textures for it. I've done this because many parts of the skin will not work correctly when using the mouse and I don't wish to continually explain that mouse use is not supported. You can see what textures are needed in 1080i/pointer.xml - you'll have to figure out what to do from there. I suggest looking at the kodi skinning wiki

Ok I understand your point... thanks.
I'm learning the skinning wiki in the past few days..
I guess I need to decompile the Textures.xbt files, add some pointer and compile it again. I'll handle it Smile

EDIT: Done, thanks Tongue
The only problem is that when using <mousemove>noop</mousemove> the cursor is disabled by Kodi (thanks to this guy Tongue ), and if I re-enable mousemove then every mouse move to the sides will open up the skin menus.... I need to make it 'noop' while NOT hiding the cursor, I'll figure something out...

thanks for this great skin, it's my favorite so far and I've tested them all Smile
jurialmunkey

Sorry, could you advice me on this?
Can someone please advise if you can adjust sounds in Arctic Zephyr. I'm on Helix and I hear a popping noise whenever I move around the menu or select something. It's very sporadic and happens on and off. Not sure if this is a bug in Helix or something else. Apologies if this has already been answered or discussed previously. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Great skin, definitely my new favorite. Is it possible to stop the widgets from scrolling? Can't seem to find any option to disable it.
@Kod1 Turn off gui sounds in audio settings.
Hi Jurial Monkey,

I would be very interested in working with you on a project I have.

I would like to discuss a paid custom skinning project with you.

It is time sensitive, could you please contact me at [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you!

Marcel