Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know which file I need to edit to change the height of the white bar across the bottom of the home page? It's slightly too high in my opinion.

Thanks
I would love an option to show the year of a movie in round brackets next to the name in the OSD.
Like this: Rocky (1976)
(2015-08-06, 00:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-05, 18:46)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-05, 11:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Its not being able to use thumbs thats the problem, it's figuring out how to decide on what basis the ratio is switched
What Mimic and, I believe, fTV do is let users choose what orientation the thumbs should be for custom widgets, ie portrait, landscape, or square. Not very elegant as I had to add a custom window, but works.
Yeah I've been thinking that might really be my only solution. Even then the switches between widgets on classic home are still a bit buggy (you can see this going from a movie widget to a music widget - the widget resizes for the new content before the new content starts to load and so there is a flash of content at the wrong ratio before the switching animations are triggered).

Thanks, hope you are able to work it out. This and Hitcher's fTV are in a league of their own in my opinion.
(2015-08-16, 06:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]@Kod1 Turn off gui sounds in audio settings.

Thanks nickr. Much appreciated!
I'm digging the vertical menu but how can I get rid of the movie spotlight? Example: http://i.imgur.com/lB96L9n.png
It sounds like whining but the only thing preventing me from using this skin is lack of Advanced Launcher view support, I know it's planned but the wait is painful...

Anyway, this skin is really great!
Is there any way to change the transparency of the gradient when using the vertical view? The white is too light and the black is too dark.
Hi jurialmunkey,

I want to modify the info screen that you get when pressing I when watching TV or a movie a little.
Like to change the plot text color.
Can you tell me in what .xml file I can find that?

Thanks!
(2015-08-16, 13:48)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know which file I need to edit to change the height of the white bar across the bottom of the home page? It's slightly too high in my opinion.
+1 for that. How to add RSS in home? It's the only thing I miss from Confluence.
(2015-08-16, 05:19)Kod1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please advise if you can adjust sounds in Arctic Zephyr. I'm on Helix and I hear a popping noise whenever I move around the menu or select something. It's very sporadic and happens on and off. Not sure if this is a bug in Helix or something else. Apologies if this has already been answered or discussed previously. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can switch to e.g. confluence gui sounds in the Kodi Settings
What are the requirements to have the fanart display on the background of the main screen?

I have it set so that random movie art shows when movies is highlighted on the main menu. All movies have some form of art as it shows when I browse the list. However, only some movies show an art backdrop when on the main menu. I thought it might have been because the art was in a folder in some movies, and just in the root for others, but then it showed a backdrop for a movie that had no art in the same folder. I'm not even sure where Kodi was getting it from!

It would also be great if the menu could disappear after successfully downloading a subtitle while a video is playing. It would also be good if Download Subtitle was the default option, instead of having to click and then select download subtitle
First, I'd like to say thanks - this is by far my favourite skin I've come across.

Is there a way to have a single image as the background throughout all screens? I have an image set as my home screen background, but when I go into Movies/TV, there's only the choice between the fanart and the dark-grey 'no-fanart' background. There may be a setting somewhere that escapes me, but I can't find it...

Similarly, is there a way for the fanart widgets for Movies/TV to only appear after pressing up whilst on the 'normal' home screen? As in, starting from a standard background, but pressing up allows me to bring up the big fanart and flick through the various spot-lit videos.

+1 for Advanced Launcher support too. Planned, I know, but once that drops - I'm in, and this becomes the perfect way to integrate all my steam games and emulators, and I may never leave my couch again.

Once again, thanks. These are just my little bugbears, getting things as clean as possible, but with the options there to bring up loads of cool stuff, something this skin excels at. Thanks Jurialmunkey!
(2015-08-16, 13:54)cozmo Wrote: [ -> ]I would love an option to show the year of a movie in round brackets next to the name in the OSD.
Like this: Rocky (1976)

me too!!

but in the meantime, what I do every time zephyr changes, is to replace this

Quote:<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>

with

Quote:<label>$INFO[ListItem.Label] ($VAR[LabelYear])</label>

in my case in the View_53_Poster.xml file for "Big Icons" view that is located in

C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr\1080i or similar path

Big Grin

for me another option that would like to have is to change the transparency of the fanart that can be done manually modifying the

Quote:<color name="FloorFade">BF181818</color>

in the dialog xml file from colors directory.
Hi! Great skin. Love the white clean style!!

I am using the vertical style, all clean without widgets.

However, i would like to have the weather-fanart without the forecast. How can i set the current weather-fanart as background but without the forecast? If not possible yet, could it be made possible??

Is it also possible to add RSS text in the main screen? Now it is only showing when not in main screen... Imo it would be nice if RSS feed is only shown on the main screen.

A last request... when in an add-on screen, in list view, i would like to hide the images next to it. Like an even more minimalistic list view...

Cheers,
Dennis
(2015-08-17, 21:55)efpob Wrote: [ -> ]What are the requirements to have the fanart display on the background of the main screen?

I have it set so that random movie art shows when movies is highlighted on the main menu. All movies have some form of art as it shows when I browse the list. However, only some movies show an art backdrop when on the main menu. I thought it might have been because the art was in a folder in some movies, and just in the root for others, but then it showed a backdrop for a movie that had no art in the same folder. I'm not even sure where Kodi was getting it from!

It would also be great if the menu could disappear after successfully downloading a subtitle while a video is playing. It would also be good if Download Subtitle was the default option, instead of having to click and then select download subtitle

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2075060