Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Terrific job on the skin. Clean and easy to customize - huge step forward for me from Confluence.

I do have a few questions about some things that I haven't figured out yet:

1. How do you get rid of text fields in the OSD and leave only round icons for Subtitles, Audio and so on just like the main Play, Pause buttons?

SOLVED 2. If you mess around in the settings or go around in your library while you have a movie running in the background is there a way to display the controls (Play Pause Stop etc ) once you are back on the main screen? It is a bit confusing if you want to stop or pause the video and there is no button there to do that.

SOLVED 3. Does anybody else have problems in using a mouse to navigate the skin. On my Windows 10 computer, my mouse pointer doesn't even show. Same skin on an Android device perfectly shows the mouse pointer.

4. Is there a wiki somewhere detailing how to write custom actions and custom widgets?

Thanks a lot!
@KODser i like the changes you did! hope jurial will add some stuff
(2015-09-16, 00:59)thomasedain Wrote: [ -> ]3. Does anybody else have problems in using a mouse to navigate the skin. On my Windows 10 computer, my mouse pointer doesn't even show. Same skin on an Android device perfectly shows the mouse pointer.
Quote:No mouse or touch support

From first post
@jurialmunkey

Adding to my previous posts

Do you think you could consider adding the tittle of a movie/tv show in text where the clearart normally goes when 'show clearart' is unchecked?

I don't particularly like using clearart,however I love your 'icon' view, but when viewing so many cover images at once some movie titles are hard to read from a distance, which is why it's good to have the tittle appear in text while scrolling through movie lists in certain views
(2015-09-16, 00:59)thomasedain Wrote: [ -> ]2. If you mess around in the settings or go around in your library while you have a movie running in the background is there a way to display the controls (Play Pause Stop etc ) once you are back on the main screen? It is a bit confusing if you want to stop or pause the video and there is no button there to do that.

3. Does anybody else have problems in using a mouse to navigate the skin. On my Windows 10 computer, my mouse pointer doesn't even show. Same skin on an Android device perfectly shows the mouse pointer.
Thanks a lot!

#2 - Once you go back to the main screen, use the "Back" button to get to the Now Playing screen where the Play/Pause controls are. The Back button is usually either an arrow on your remote or either Backspace/Esc key on the keyboard...whatever button you use to go back a page in the menus. That is Kodi functionality and not specific to this skin.

#3 - Jurialmonkey has said before that mouse cursors are not supported in this skin. There's probably a mention in the FAQ but if not, then it's been previously mentioned in this thread.
I can't get rid of movies Spotlight widget from my home menu items, even going into customize menu and selecting None for widget, still shows up. I have Movies and TV Shows with their own widgets just fine, other items are always showing Spotlight.
(2015-09-17, 18:16)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]I can't get rid of movies Spotlight widget from my home menu items, even going into customize menu and selecting None for widget, still shows up. I have Movies and TV Shows with their own widgets just fine, other items are always showing Spotlight.
You'll have to set an image slideshow for the items that don't have widgets defined.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221411
Thanks!
(2015-09-12, 19:31)KODser Wrote: [ -> ]Hi @jurialmunkey, first of all, thanks for this beautiful skin, for me it's the only one that is simple, elegante and modern at the same time, however lacks a little on customization and information manly on music, and compatibility, for exemple with Rom browser and advanced launcher.

Now i give you some suggestions so you skin become more complete and have details that others don't have.
These are just sketchs done in photoshop, it's not implemented

Movies

- Have a little status "button" near the DiscArt that shows if the movie is playing stopped ou paused. With this three states in mind, I don't know it it's possible to have the DiscArt spining with higher rpms when its playing, slower when it's pause and not spining when it's not playing (stopped). Of corse this rotation option could be enabled our disabled on the forniture settings;
- From what I've saw, there is no option to enable/disable discArt, in my opinion there should be, so a user that scrapes the library on external apps (mediaelch for example) could control if the discArt, already downloaded in that app, should appear or not.
- Have a option to hide the file path

TV Shows
Option 1 - Show Studio Logo

Option 2 - Show Character Art

- Have TV Show Studio Logo or Character Art to be less empty space and a more rich information page. A option on the settings to disable/enable and choose which image we want.
- Add the same artwork to the episode information.
- Hide the episodes file path also

Minor bug on the TV department- The clear logo in some shows don't appear when i'm chosing the season. On "*All Seasons" the logo appear but when i'm in season 1 etc it doesn't. It's a skin problem our kodi problem that is slow to update this sort of things?

Music

- Show band logo and cd art (in the settings there is already a option to show clearlogos but i gess it only works on Movies and TV Shows)
- The cdArt would have the same effects as the discArt on movies
- Add release date, rating and get the review further down so the cdArt stay in the same place as the discArt on movies and is aligned with the rest of the page

It is similar to the original arctic

- change music OSD from vertical to horizontal so it has harmony with the rest of the OSDs (movies and tv shows) and the default skin in general
- the cdArt on the OSD would spin to.

Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser

For the Rom Collection Browser and the Advanced Launcher I didn't do anything yet, but the user @boozecrooze01 already has done a magnificent job to show how the advanced launcher could look like here. It's brilliant!

watch gallery

I hope you not take this suggestions the wrong way, I like your skin very much, and it's the only one i can see myself using, but there is space for improvement, and this skatches show, not only what can be done, but how much I appreciate your work.

Best Regards

[quote='iAYMANi' pid='2104159' dateline='1442078912']
I want to get thisHuh

HowHuh
http://i.imgur.com/gPRssKO.jpeg

Thank you

Amazing suggestions. Jurial, some positive ideas here.
Awfully dumb and outdated question, but I am rather new to this...

How do you actually get this view in Arctic Zephyr? I try to go to my list view but its not one of them.

(2015-09-18, 14:23)duiz Wrote: [ -> ]Awfully dumb and outdated question, but I am rather new to this...

How do you actually get this view in Arctic Zephyr? I try to go to my list view but its not one of them.

I could be wrong, but I think this is from moded version of Artic Zephyr... see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226422
No that's definitely one of the default views, it's what I use. At work now so can't check the name of it. Are you sure you've actually set up a source and scanned content in though? Not all views are available if you're just viewing a file list
It's called Icons, but you also have to check the box to show Extra Info.
(2015-09-18, 14:23)duiz Wrote: [ -> ]Awfully dumb and outdated question, but I am rather new to this...

It's pretty basic. It's the symbol view (at least that's how it called in german) additionally with the checkbox zusätzliche Informationen (additional information) tagged. You can also change the look of the information on the bottom of the screen. It's a little bit hidden in the menu. I can't tell atm if it is activated in the screenshot as well or not.

But all you see is skin standard!
When can we expect the h.265/hevc icon(s) in this great skin? Right now I'm only getting three question marks instead... Thanks in advance :-)