Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-10, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 15:40)dawiinci Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans to upgrade the skin to 1080p or 4K?
The skin is already at a resolution of 1920x1080 -- the 1080i folder is just an old naming convention. Really it is 1080p as the resolution is 1920x1080.

No plans atm for 4K as I dont have a 4K tv so it becomes a little difficult to test things Wink

Thanks for the reply.

To me it looks like for example the font of the clock and the background is only 720p (even though it is a 5K image). Not sure if I missed something to configure.
What size picture should we be using for our shortcut backgrounds on the home screen? Whatever mine are, they are stretched, and real blurry.
Jurial,

You have change the justified font in 1080i folder. Thanks for that.
Is it possible to make the context menu work from the widget?? I use ongoing episodes and would be great to have that option instead of going into the library. Thanks Smile
(2015-10-11, 04:37)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-11, 02:13)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-10, 23:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]1. That is strange. Not a skin issue though.
You sure? I'm not having that issue on any other skin.

Yep 100% sure. Skins don't control what content is in a list container supplied by nodes/library/filelist etc -- skins only control how that content is displayed. For instance, I could use a stringcompare condition to change the label to say "Add Purple Monkey Dishwashers...", but I could never actually remove the item from the list.

My guess is you have disabled them in settings.
Settings > Appearance > Show "Add Source" buttons
When disabled it will only show when you have no sources -- once you add a source it will not show any more.

like you said this is likely a kodi issue but i've noticed this bug as well. i have files as a submenu entry and whenever i enter it add sources is missing. with confluence clicking files under the video menu populates it correctly. oddly, if i go into files in a:z, switch to confluence, and then go into files, add sources is missing. i need to back out and enter it a couple of times before it shows up.

if, in a:z, instead of going through the files submenu entry i go in through videos and then click files it is populated correctly. honestly it's not like i'm adding sources that often that it really matters to me. although i have noticed that when the add sources option is missing the edit sources context menu entry is missing. but again that's a kodi bug and not something i do very often.

for those asking for jarvis updates, i'm running a nightly build from last week and haven't had any issues. ymmv. the annoying bug where it would take two tries to switch back to confluence if you aren't on the default color scheme has been eliminated. although switching back to a:z still results in the default color scheme being selected, but that's another kodi bug not related to the skin.
Why when you downloading the theme from kodi the version is older? There are many diferences between downloading manually or from kodi?
(2015-10-11, 21:21)furii Wrote: [ -> ]for those asking for jarvis updates, i'm running a nightly build from last week and haven't had any issues. ymmv. the annoying bug where it would take two tries to switch back to confluence if you aren't on the default color scheme has been eliminated. although switching back to a:z still results in the default color scheme being selected, but that's another kodi bug not related to the skin.

how about high cpu usage when using the skin with jarvis builds ?
Edit: fixed after uninstalling video extras addon
Hey man, first of all i love your skin.

I have only one issue, i did a clean install from your zip and get this error:

"Skin shortcut, unable to build menu"

So before i come here ask for help, i reinstall, delete roaming folder, and try install from kodi repository, still show me the same error.

Do you have any idea what this is?

I have Kodi Isengard install it, i reinstall it too. Windows 8.1

I search here in this post and in your forum but nothing come up how to resolve this issue.

Plus i try to do the logs with kodi log uploader but dint work, dint send me the email with the logs.

Any help?
(2015-10-15, 18:21)dkgonas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, first of all i love your skin.

So before i come here ask for help, i reinstall, delete roaming folder, and try install from kodi repository, still show me the same error.

I search here in this post and in your forum but nothing come up how to resolve this issue.

Plus i try to do the logs with kodi log uploader but dint work, dint send me the email with the logs.

Any help?
Try reinstalling script.skinshortcuts.
(2015-10-15, 18:23)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-15, 18:21)dkgonas Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man, first of all i love your skin.

Any help?
Try reinstalling script.skinshortcuts.
you are saying, download the script from forum and reinstall it?

EDIT: Thanks man it work
Before you do that I'd try the debug log again - that will say exactly what the issue is. Even if you don't receive the e-mail, the debug log uploader script will put the id of your uploaded log onscreen. Just typing that here is enough that we can find the log. Otherwise, look at Debug log (wiki) for other ways you can provide the log.
You say you installed Arctic from zip, so you got it from github, right? Since I'm not sure exactly what version of Arctic you have installed, I would just install the latest skinshortcuts from github...my guess is that will resolve your issue regardless of what skin version you are using.

Update: Best to follow Bob's instructions on this one, he's the expert on all things skinshortcuts. Smile
Nah, best to follow your instructions. You're the expert on it being used in skins out in the field. That, and he edited his post to say your idea worked Big Grin (and I'll remember the reinstall from git as something to tell people myself)
Hello,

I love this skin it is just perfect!
However I meet big one concerns, it is impossible to me to reach on the menu of customization, nothing takes place when I click above...

It is certainly a minor problem but if somebody could well help me to free this situation!

Thank you in advance! Wink
Hi all,
I made a build using your skin eveything works great except one little thing.

The background images are set to a location instead of a special path: so when i install it on another device the background images are not loaded. I edited the proporties file but it doesnt seem to be the correct loacation.

I used the media directory in the kodi directory to store my images. I will post part of the content of the file here so hope somebody knows the correct path or the correct way of entering it been busy for days and searching the forum didnt do the trick.

mainmenu', 'series', 'widgetName', u'Populaire TV series'],
['mainmenu', 'series', 'widget', u'PopularTvShows'],
['mainmenu', 'series', 'translatedPath', u'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvNavigator",return)'],
['mainmenu', 'speelfilms', 'widgetName', u'In bioscopen'],
['mainmenu', 'speelfilms', 'widget', u'InCinemas'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.audio.mp3streams/', 'translatedPath', u'ActivateWindow(10501,"plugin://plugin.audio.mp3streams/",return)'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.audio.mp3streams/', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/music.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.audio.mp3streams/', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/music.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'trakt', 'translatedPath', u'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvshows&url=traktcollection",return)'],
['mainmenu', 'trakt', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/video.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'trakt', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/video.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'sport', 'background', u'home://media/sports.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'sport', 'backgroundName', u'home://media/sports.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'livetv', 'translatedPath', u'RunScript("script.extendedinfo")'],
['mainmenu', 'livetv', 'background', u'"home://media/tv.jpg"'],
['mainmenu', 'livetv', 'backgroundName', u'"home://media/tv.jpg"'],
['mainmenu', '"script.extendedinfo"', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/playlist.jpg'],
['mainmenu', '"script.extendedinfo"', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/playlist.jpg'],
['mainmenu', '"script.extendedinfo"', 'translatedPath', u'RunScript("script.extendedinfo")'],
['mainmenu', 'script.navi-x', 'translatedPath', u'RunAddOn(script.navi-x)'],
['mainmenu', 'script.navi-x', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/navix.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'script.navi-x', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/navix.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'kids', 'background', u'/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/media/addons.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'kids', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/media/addons.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.video.youtube', 'translatedPath', u'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.video.youtube', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/youtube.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'plugin.video.youtube', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/youtube.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'programmas', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/programs.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'programmas', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/programs.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'settings', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/launcher.jpg'],
['mainmenu', 'settings', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/launcher.jpg'],
['mainmenu', '33060', 'background', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/gandelfkodibackgrounds/shutdown.jpg'],
['mainmenu', '33060', 'backgroundName', u'/storage/external_storage/sdcard1/b/.kodi/media/gandelfkodibackgrounds/shutdown.jpg']]

In the TV background you can see one of my attempts. Normal location was sdcard1

Thanks in advance