Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Small feature request. Would it be possible to make it optional to show the 'recently added', 'watched' and 'in progress' icons? I personally find the recently added icons distracting (though I like the others) and it would be nice to have the option to turn them off.

Many thanks
Only one sentence:

I LOVE THIS SKIN!
Is there a weather widget, similar to Bryans mod?
Not sure if this skin is being developed anymore but I love it and was wondering how I can enable the PVR thumbs from the skin helper service that the titan skin creator made
(2015-12-30, 05:10)skarragallagher Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this skin is being developed anymore but I love it and was wondering how I can enable the PVR thumbs from the skin helper service that the titan skin creator made

It is
Like the skin but wanted to know is there a way i can customize my widget. I want to set some widgets from my video addons but i dont see the option is there anyway to do that or it can only do widget from your library.thanks if anybody could help me out
I cant get the dark theme. I'm looking all over the settings.

All I find is a dark theme under OSD but when I check it, it doesn't go dark.

Any help? [/i]
(2015-12-30, 21:02)o0adam0o Wrote: [ -> ]I cant get the dark theme. I'm looking all over the settings.

Any help? [/i]
Look under Kodi Settings > Appearance.
(2015-12-30, 21:44)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 21:02)o0adam0o Wrote: [ -> ]I cant get the dark theme. I'm looking all over the settings.

Any help? [/i]

I go to Kodi settings... Appearance... Skin.... Then I click right under the Artic Zephyr skin and it takes me to the skin settings.

Skin settings has:
HOME
WIDGETS
BACKGROUND
HUB ITEMS
FURNITURE
OSD
EXTRA

I look under all of them and dont see a dark theme aside from OSD. I have that checked.
Thanks for the reply.
(2015-12-30, 22:00)o0adam0o Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 21:44)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

Any help? [/i]

I go to Kodi settings... Appearance... Skin.... Then I click right under the Artic Zephyr skin and it takes me to the skin settings.

Skin settings has:
HOME
WIDGETS
BACKGROUND
HUB ITEMS
FURNITURE
OSD
EXTRA

I look under all of them and dont see a dark theme aside from OSD. I have that checked.
Thanks for the reply.
Stop at Appearance and look under Color I believe it's called.
(2015-12-30, 22:08)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 22:00)o0adam0o Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 21:44)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Look under Kodi Settings > Appearance.

Skin settings has:
HOME
WIDGETS
BACKGROUND
HUB ITEMS
FURNITURE
OSD
EXTRA

Thanks for the reply.
Stop at Appearance and look under Color I believe it's called.

I think it has something to do with me using SPMC. I was able to see the theme when I tried the skin on regular Kodi. But the options aren't on SPMC. I have included comparison pics.

Kodi: http://imgur.com/kRRffQ7

SPMC: http://imgur.com/TsYsxu3

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and clearing cache and restarting my system and the dark theme option still doesn't appear on SPMC .

Not sure what else to try.
(2015-07-03, 04:20)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-03, 04:01)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]Can you move NextUp notifications to the top? I use subtitles and it would be very helpful!
Also the vertical menu looks good so far Smile
I imagine this would annoy other people as top right is much more intrusively visible than bottom right... you might have to modify it yourself.

(2015-07-03, 04:09)deletedpenguin Wrote: [ -> ]Vertical menu looks great - though the background doesn't shine through enough. I realise you have to find a happy medium between transparency and readability, but my vote would be to let the images shine through a little bit more.

Yeah I know. The point is to match the fade between library and home so it seemlessly transitions - when it has more or less of a fade than the library then the transition looks odd.

How much fanart is faded can be controlled in the color schemes in skin.arctic.zephyr/colors/
edit the xml corresponding to the theme you use and change:
Code:
<color name="FanartFade">2Fffffff</color>

Change the "2F" part to a different hex value -- higher values show more fanart

I tried several changes in hew.. what would a hex where the background art shows stronger?
Could you please add media flag for HEVC?
(2015-12-17, 21:39)loggio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-15, 20:56)johnmcaleese Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for this skin, it is amazing. There is only one thing that bugs me, when using the vertical home menu there appear to be horizontal lines in the middle of the screen, is there any way these could be removed? I would also really appreciate it if you could implement a setting to adjust the opacity of the background.

This bugs me also, I think this is why I'm constantly experimenting with different background pictures, it's the shading/gradient used in the skin that causes these lines to appear on the TV, using dark backdrops makes them stand out even more. I think this texture needs to be refined and made a lot smoother in order to iron out these horizontal lines.

Will have to wait for jurialmunkey to comment on this.

I made these extra colour styles to fix this problem. These only apply to the Dark with Dark colour style but you could edit the others in the same way.

Just place these in addons > skin.arctic.zephyr > colors
Then apply them in settings > appearance > skin > colours
Thank you so much for this skin, it's such a great design and well executed.

I have one issue where (only in this skin) I get a menu popping up when I turn the TV off and on. It's a simple vertical list of options. I've noticed it in the EPG and Recordings which is where I tend to be. I can't find any other way to bring this up and I'd like to stop it if possible. Is it something I can configure out in the XML somewhere or otherwise?