Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-26, 12:29)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updates the content and is stuck to the time of creating the shortcut. If i browse through the Youtube-addon to that subscription, it gets updated instantly.

Same problem with iTunes Movie Trailers addon.

Is this a problem the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself?

I have the same problem.
(2016-01-26, 19:49)Wesley_93 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about this skin: when i'm playing a movie and i pause i to go back in the menu to search something, i see right in the top that the movie is paused. How can i continue the video? On the normal skin you can do that with the barmenu on the left site.

Hitting back to jump a level higher should work
(2016-01-27, 04:44)asagala Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-26, 12:29)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updates the content and is stuck to the time of creating the shortcut. If i browse through the Youtube-addon to that subscription, it gets updated instantly.

Same problem with iTunes Movie Trailers addon.

Is this a problem the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself?

I have the same problem.

Please see the answer I gave bigbadrabbit when they first asked the question Smile
Does anyone know how to change the background image in files (as opposed to in settings) i tried putting it in the media folder but it didn't do anything. thank you to whichever lovely person answers my question.
I 100% have at last 3 or 4 superfav folders on my personal build all working as widgets including a youtube one with channels that updates no probs the only issue is I am not sure if its the way the skin I used works if they are truly widgets or submenus or what (ftv skin).
(2016-01-27, 13:25)santos954 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to change the background image in files (as opposed to in settings) i tried putting it in the media folder but it didn't do anything. thank you to whichever lovely person answers my question.

It will be in the folder addons and then skin.arctic and then backgrounds well normally anyway
(2016-01-28, 02:26)alanlad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-27, 13:25)santos954 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to change the background image in files (as opposed to in settings) i tried putting it in the media folder but it didn't do anything. thank you to whichever lovely person answers my question.

It will be in the folder addons and then skin.arctic and then backgrounds well normally anyway

there isn't a backgrounds file as far as i can tell. under skin.arctic.zephyr there are these as options:

1080i
colors
extras
fonts
language
media (which has square.xbt and textures.xbt in it)
shortcuts
sounds
add-on.xml
changelog.txt
fanart.png
license.txt
readme
it is inside the media/textures.xbt at media/pvr/background.jpg
Putting an image in there wont override it as kodi always uses the contents of textures.xbt first. You will have to download the git version if you want to change files in the media folder.
(2016-01-20, 17:10)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-20, 17:07)sprale Wrote: [ -> ]I love the skin, and I've been doing some customizing to make it suit my preferences. What I can't find is a way to turn off the full-screen description (Title, episode, description) that pops up after a second when scrolling through a list of movies or episodes. It is useful, especially on smaller screens, but I'd prefer to long-press and get additional info rather than have the full screen description pop up on automatically. Any advice?
You can toggle this on or off in: Settings> Skin Settings> Furniture> untick 'Show plot info after 3 second delay' right at the bottom of the list. Hope that helps. Wink

You can also turn it on and off from the side view menu.

Furniture just means the stuff around the edges of the content like the header and the clock and now playing info etc. The plot overlay option shouldn't really be in there, but thats why its hidden down the bottom -- the main way to turn it off should be done from the side menu.

(2016-01-21, 16:16)DeadDuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-21, 08:01)braz Wrote: [ -> ]SetFocus(9601)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2190238

Thanks a lot @braz, that worked beautifully.... however, I'm really sorry to be a bother, but I do have couple more questions.

1) Is there way to use it as toggle. Right now hitting "o" while in "VideoNav" window brings up the overlay, but to close it I can't use the same key. Hitting arrow keys closes the overlay. But if I want to use the same "o" key, how should I go about it?

2) The weather today widget (as shows in the screenshots) on both main skin as well as your mod, I just can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm using vertical menu, but regardless which orientation I select, I can't get the weather today widget to show up on the home screen. Can you throw some light on what might be wrong?
1. Unfortunately not - I've tried to think of a solution for this in the past but was unable to come up with anything that worked well - thats why you can press any direction to get out of it as it was the quickest solution I could find.

2. There is no weather today widget in the screenshots. The only weather widget is the weather fanart one available once you set weather fanart up. If you choose "show weather" in skin settings > home you can see a little weather notification box in top right. There is a weather WINDOW that you access by setting a home shortcut to ActivateWindow(weather).

(2016-01-22, 19:33)vegeto9092 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to turn off in the home screen the spotlight description? I want to see the movie poster, the fan art but not the details of that film.

BTW this skin is amazing!

Thanks
Sorry, not currently. You can turn off plots for unwatched movies/eps by going to Settings > Videos > Library > Show plot for unwatched items (uncheck).

(2016-01-26, 10:49)deepskydiver Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-02, 01:10)deepskydiver Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you so much for this skin, it's such a great design and well executed.

I have one issue where (only in this skin) I get a menu popping up when I turn the TV off and on. It's a simple vertical list of options. I've noticed it in the EPG and Recordings which is where I tend to be. I can't find any other way to bring this up and I'd like to stop it if possible. Is it something I can configure out in the XML somewhere or otherwise?

Hey - just hoping someone can help with this problem please.

Disable mouse. Settings > System > Input devices > Enable mouse and touch screen support (uncheck).
Firstly love this skin (and other eminence). However, is there a way I can customise the spotlight on home screen so that it displays a playlist? Also another question about spotlight isn't there a way I can get the next episode to show as default when I start the box instead of movie spotlight? Thanks again!
Thank you for your hard work jurialmunkey. I love how clean zephyr is, its beautiful.

I have a quick question for you, its similar to one asked above somewhere so sorry if your having to repeat yourself. Where is the backgrounds folder located in the structure?

I have added my own custom backgrounds(from usb) for each menu item. I'm hoping to intergrate them into the az/kodi structure so I can install this build on the other android boxes in my house.

If there is no backgrounds folder is there a workaround to achieve i?

Thank you for your time
(2016-01-29, 18:57)rich81 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your hard work jurialmunkey. I love how clean zephyr is, its beautiful.

I have a quick question for you, its similar to one asked above somewhere so sorry if your having to repeat yourself. Where is the backgrounds folder located in the structure?

I have added my own custom backgrounds(from usb) for each menu item. I'm hoping to intergrate them into the az/kodi structure so I can install this build on the other android boxes in my house.

If there is no backgrounds folder is there a workaround to achieve i?

Thank you for your time

You can set a custom background for each menu item by going to: Settings> Skin Settings> Home> Customise home menu> select the menu item you wish to change the background for> click on Background and choose your background image for that section. An active widget on a menu item may override your custom background with a fanart so you'll have to also disable the fanart displayed by the widget. This can be done by going to Settings> Skin Settings> Widgets> > toggle Replace widget fanart with slideshow. There may be other ways to disable widget fanart which I'm not sure about.
Is this addon gonna be updated for Jarvis 16.0
(2016-01-31, 18:13)Short Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon gonna be updated for Jarvis 16.0

You could use the mod from Braz
(2016-01-31, 23:03)ulTimaS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-31, 18:13)Short Wrote: [ -> ]Is this addon gonna be updated for Jarvis 16.0

You could use the mod from Braz

That doesn't have the light background as an option any more, right? I definitely prefer that look…