Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi JurialMonkeye

Thanks for your continued efforts... This is by far one of the best Kodi skins around!

One quick question! Is there anyway in which one can add a pin lock on a submenu?

If not, when do you plan to integrate this essential feature, if at all?

I think it would be welcomed by many...especially those with kids!

Regards and thanks!

Roger.
No fix for TV Season Art being the same as the main Season Thumbnail then?
I was using Eminence as I thought it was the best skin until I saw this one. I didn't realise they were made by the same person so well done.

I keep seeing people using the old Confluence skin on YouTube and that's so dated now. It's basically Aeon and I was using that back in 2005 or something with the original Xbox.
Loving the skin, its no other skin out there that can match it. However i have two issues with Jarvis RC2.

* All season posters are the same, trying to change them, but to no avail.

* I want the new movies and new episodes playlists to display 25 items rather then 10, i think thats quite small. I have gone and found the playlist files within xbmc folders, edit them, and changed from 10 to 25 and saved, but im still not seeing any change within kodi. Would this be something you could include? One for 10 items and one for 25.

Thank you
(2016-01-28, 04:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]it is inside the media/textures.xbt at media/pvr/background.jpg
Putting an image in there wont override it as kodi always uses the contents of textures.xbt first. You will have to download the git version if you want to change files in the media folder.

Hi there, i am now using the one from github (the one labeled isengard) but am having problems with the remote going crazy on a regular basis. it just keeps on with the previous action, so scrolling for infinity for example. I have two identical boxes, the other loaded with your 2.0 version and have tested the remote on both, so I'm reasonably sure it isn't that. Are you familiar with this bug? or did i possibly take the wrong version from github? i would very much appreciate your help as i appreciate everything you've done already. Thank you

Also, Does anyone know how to disable notifications globally?
(2016-02-03, 11:02)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the skin, its no other skin out there that can match it. However i have two issues with Jarvis RC2.

Thank you

I'm having the same issue with JARVIS rc2. I've been wondering why I can't display dedicated season posters. Does anyone have a fix for this?
(2016-01-12, 14:49)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the Jarvis version and in list view when you go into a TV show it doesn't show cover art for the seasons it just uses the main TV show cover art.

Is there any way to fix this?

(2016-01-12, 20:55)dan.reppe1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-12, 14:49)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running the Jarvis version and in list view when you go into a TV show it doesn't show cover art for the seasons it just uses the main TV show cover art.

Same problem here!

(2016-02-02, 14:14)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]No fix for TV Season Art being the same as the main Season Thumbnail then?

(2016-02-03, 11:02)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]Loving the skin, its no other skin out there that can match it. However i have two issues with Jarvis RC2.

* I want the new movies and new episodes playlists to display 25 items rather then 10, i think thats quite small. I have gone and found the playlist files within xbmc folders, edit them, and changed from 10 to 25 and saved, but im still not seeing any change within kodi. Would this be something you could include? One for 10 items and one for 25.

Thank you

(2016-02-03, 18:01)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you

I'm having the same issue with JARVIS rc2. I've been wondering why I can't display dedicated season posters. Does anyone have a fix for this?

For those who are looking for a fix for the TV show season posters not showing, it can easily be fixed by uncommenting line 71 of Includes_Images.xml located in the skin's 1080i folder so that it looks like this:

PHP Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value

I'm not sure why JurialMunkey had commented this out from his code, maybe it was affecting other parts of his skin or he was looking to change it, but that should at least temporarily fix the issue with season posters not showing.

Alternatively, you can download the edited Includes_Images.xml file by clicking here and replacing it in the skin's 1080i folder.

Hope that helps.Wink
(2016-02-03, 21:05)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]

(2016-01-12, 20:55)dan.reppe1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Same problem here!

(2016-02-02, 14:14)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]No fix for TV Season Art being the same as the main Season Thumbnail then?

Thank you

(2016-02-03, 18:01)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you

For those who are looking for a fix for the TV show season posters not showing, it can easily be fixed by uncommenting line 71 of Includes_Images.xml located in the skin's 1080i folder so that it looks like this:

PHP Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(seasons)">$INFO[ListItem.Icon]</value

I'm not sure why JurialMunkey had commented this out from his code, maybe it was affecting other parts of his skin or he was looking to change it, but that should at least temporarily fix the issue with season posters not showing.

Alternatively, you can download the edited Includes_Images.xml file by clicking here and replacing it in the skin's 1080i folder.

Hope that helps.Wink

Your a life saver. Thanks! Now i have season posters. Great!

I figured out the New movies/episodes playlist on the homescreen as well. I just made me own with smart playlist, and now it displays 25 instead of 10
Thanks @Hustler1337 I'll try this out when I get home tonight. You should send him a pull request....
Thank you so much Hustler.
Hello, I'm newbie with Kodi and can not install Arctic Zephyr, can anyone help me? Installed Emby, but Skin section is empty, installed also script.skin.helper.service-master and script.skinshortcuts-master. Running 15.2 on WIn 10, 1280x800 res. Downloaded skin in zip but failed to install, error - dependence not met.
First of all my compliments to the developpers. Great job, i have managed to set up this great looking skin just perfect. In the process however i have encountered an odity:

I have created 3 profiles, the master user is left untouched, it only has the sources added, no library; i have setup a home, guest and kids profile each with customized main menus.

For some reason SOMETIMES when i change profiles and the click on for example the movies menu it will go to the videos page highlighting playlist or tv shows or movies. If i click escape from there and click the movies menu again it goes to the library correctly. Only happens after switching profiles (not always) and can happen in each of the 3 profiles i created. This sometimes also happens from the Tv shows menu. It also happens in the kids profile where i made a smart playlist and added this on the home screen.

This isn't a huge deal for me, but it gets a bit confusing for my users with less knowledge of the system.
Using kodi 15.2 and arctic zephyr 2.0.0 in OSX el Capitan

Is anyone experiencing this? Any possible solutions that come to mind?

On a sidenote, and these might not be skin related:

I Have noticed the android and ios kodi remote app stops working (loses connection) on the login screen. Is there a known fix or workaround for this?

Also in the profiles i have locked certain aspects, for the kids profile i wanted to create a smart playlist and lock down everything except the playlist... Sadly not possible, so now i have the videos menu unlocked and placed a shortcut to the smart playlist on the home screen. The kids can still however go up in the menu and see the other movies. Is there a way to lock everything except a playlist so in the kids profile they cannot access other movies through that smart playlist interface?

Thanks, i would appreciate any insights relating to the above.
Update. I redid the install and kept everything stock. I experienced the same issues regarding movies and tv show menus going to the wrong pages after profile switching. So i think this is a kodi issue not a zephyr issue...
Hi,

awesome skin.

However you use localization string #19031 ("next") not as prefix (as described in transifex), which looks weird in other languages than english.
Awesome skin! I'm still a noob to Kodi, but I was wondering if it's possible to change the runtime into hh:mm? I was able to change it in the movie info screen (installed skin helper), but not bottom part (it's called the furniture, right?)
DialogVideoinfo.xml
<label fallback="19055">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[12391]]</label>
changed to
<label fallback="19055">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)]min</label>

script-extended info-dialogvideoinfo.xml
<label fallback="19055">$INFO[Window.Property(movie.duration),, $LOCALIZE[12391]]</label>
changed to
<label fallback="19055">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)]min</label>

I tried to modify Includes Furniture.xml, but the runtime disappeared, so I obviously did something wrong. Couldn't apply the same code from above. Any pointers?
Code:
<visible>!IsEmpty([Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)]min) + [Control.IsVisible(500) | Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(55)]</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="label">
                <width>auto</width>
                <centertop>50%</centertop>
                <height>64</height>
                <align>left</align>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)]min,, $LOCALIZE[31102]  ]</label>
                <font>Flag</font>
                <textcolor>Dark1</textcolor>
                <visible>!IsEmpty([Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Hours)]h $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItemDuration.Minutes)]min) + [Control.IsVisible(500) | Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(55)]</visible>
            </control>