Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-19, 21:36)zukove Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 21:11)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 19:49)zukove Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

The "In Cinema" section broke after the last update. Is this a known issue?

Happened to me too. Easily fixed by going into the Customise Home Menu setting and re-setting it to "In Cinemas".

Thank you. Tried, didn't work.

Should be fixed on git now. The name of the incinemas call in the extendedinfo script was changed, so thats why it wasnt working.

(2016-02-20, 17:47)bigbadrabbit Wrote: [ -> ]Almost every time i open a video addon and it refreshes/pulls new content, i get this for about 5 seconds (depends on the addon):

It's not always like this. Sometimes it just uses the default plain background, which would be fine by me. But occasionally it displays the empty box and scrollbar.

I guess this is standard behavior when addons refresh their content.

I'd like to know if this can be prevented at all or at least always use the default background OR better the loading spinner? Thanks!
I don't know if there is really a way around this. It has been a long standing issue when you call addons directly from the home window - it also happens in confluence so I think it is a core issue.

(2016-02-20, 18:30)jimbo1215 Wrote: [ -> ]With the new update to widgets, is set custom widget path no longer supported? My custom widgets no longer load like they did on 2.0.0.
No need for custom widgets any more as you can select any library path directly for widgets.

(2016-02-20, 22:49)BigSnicker Wrote: [ -> ]New Kodi user here who has totally fallen in love with Arctic Zephyr. Yesterday I very quickly got it up and working smoothly after customizing some beautifully simple menus for my grandparents. Everyone was thrilled and I need to find someone to give money to.

The only issue I ran into was when I decided to duplicate the set up on their tablet, when I ran into the following issues:

1. After a backup and restore to the new tablet, I saw it my recently customized AZ menu come up perfectly, but then get reset to default settings in front of my eyes after about 2 seconds. So close yet so far.
2. Touch had major issues, and I generally couldn't select menu items lower than the second level. For sub menus, a finger press wouldn't register as a 'click', but instead would open and close a context menu.

I couldn't change the skin back because of problem #2, so I did a reinstall. I got confluence back pretty quickly, but would love to be able to use AZ if touchscreen support is ever rolled out. Any suggestions appreciated.

Running Kodi 15.2 on Samsung Tab 3
There is a Pledgie donate button on the first page (just under screenshots) if you wish to donate.

Yeah unfortunately no touch or mouse support for this skin - I don't have a tablet so can't really test it, plus there are a few things that just wouldn't work anyway.
Is there a technical reason why the widgets when you choose "Featured" for your home setup cannot be only available when you press up?

Eminence does this with no problem.....appearance wise any way.

I really think that this would be an awesome feature to add.

Thanks.
Hi, just updated to the current version on github, using Jarvis. It seems as though custom shortcuts on the homescreen are no longer working for addons that pull their directory listing data on open (i.e., lack a static directory)?

e.g., for the Giant Bomb addon, all I see is this when using a homescreen shortcut:

The addon otherwise works fine if I open it from addons in the settings menu. I may be doing something completely wrong, but this wasn't as issue on Isengard.
Hello again jurialmunkey.

Before "persistent widgets" update you could set custom widget for each shortcut and change "Fallback widget" to "Single Image".
But now its disable the widget completely, only weather widget works unless you change "Fallback widget" to "Spotlight".

Is there a way to fix this?

Fixed by editing template.xml line 180

Code:
<visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Container(301).NumItems,0) | Container(301).IsUpdating</visible>

to

Code:
<!-- visible>IntegerGreaterThan(Container(301).NumItems,0) | Container(301).IsUpdating</visible-->

Thank you again.
Avia.
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to add the menu item 'Music' to the main menu bar please? It shows in settings and I have pointed it to the Google Music addon.
(2016-02-21, 12:30)daz1uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to add the menu item 'Music' to the main menu bar please? It shows in settings and I have pointed it to the Google Music addon.

I had the exact same issue when I tried to change the Music menu item to load the Google Music addon - the 'Music' menu item would not show up on the home screen despite it being listed in the skin settings. Eventually gave up thinking it was just me but glad you've also noticed this. It happens when you create a menu item to any Music addon.
(2016-02-21, 02:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-19, 21:36)zukove Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Hustler1337' pid='2251049' dateline='1455909095']

Happened to me too. Easily fixed by going into the Customise Home Menu setting and re-setting it to "In Cinemas".

Thank you. Tried, didn't work.

Should be fixed on git now. The name of the incinemas call in the extendedinfo script was changed, so thats why it wasnt working.

Fixed indeed. Thanks @jurialmunkey Smile
(2016-02-21, 15:04)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]

I had the exact same issue when I tried to change the Music menu item to load the Google Music addon - the 'Music' menu item would not show up on the home screen despite it being listed in the skin settings. Eventually gave up thinking it was just me but glad you've also noticed this. It happens when you create a menu item to any Music addon.

We (hopefully) fixed a bug yesterday in script.skinshortcuts which can cause this. If you can't wait for the fix to get to the repo, you can manually download the latest git version from here.

(From the link click 'Download ZIP', then extract it and replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. You'll find the addons folder one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.)
(2016-02-21, 19:51)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-21, 15:04)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]

We (hopefully) fixed a bug yesterday in script.skinshortcuts which can cause this. If you can't wait for the fix to get to the repo, you can manually download the latest git version from here.

(From the link click 'Download ZIP', then extract it and replace the contents of addons/script.skinshortcuts with the contents of the zip. You'll find the addons folder one folder 'up' from the userdata (wiki) folder.)

Thanks for coming over here and informing us that this has been fixed Bob. Just tested the latest version from Git and seems to be all working now. Big Grin It seemed to work on another skin I tried so I (wrongly) thought it may have been a skin-related issue, but all is good now. Thanks to all the dev team at Skin Shortcuts.
(2016-02-21, 02:50)Scott00007 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a technical reason why the widgets when you choose "Featured" for your home setup cannot be only available when you press up?

Eminence does this with no problem.....appearance wise any way.

I really think that this would be an awesome feature to add.

Thanks.

There was initially a reason for it, but I think with the templates changes I made, its no longer a problem (Can't actually remember what the reason was, but there definitely was one for it -- but seems from my tests that there are no problems with it now). Should be on git.
2.2.6 -- Additional Hubs !

This update brings additional hub options. You can now have up to 9 different hubs which are fully customisable in terms of Widgets and Items.
I've just updated the skin and I can't see any options for more hubs... All only tv and movies
Never mind... Perhaps the "hub items" section of the skin needs to be removed?also, if I set a hub for live tv, pushing 'back' on my remote takes me back to the home screen instead of the hub.
@loggio - yeah just a left over I forgot to remove. Hubs are all handled from inside the customise home screen now. I have feeling that the live TV issue isn't fixable because of some weird way pvr windows are handled
@JurialMonkey

So I finally updated to Jarvis and then manually updated the skin to the latest on Git (as of last night)

The upgrade went fine however I think I may have found a bug or two. I usually used to the "cards view" in LiveTV-->Recordings. Now the only view that is available is "List View". Is there a reason why I can't change the views? When go into the context menu to change the view (like I can do from the "movies" or "tv show" sections) it doesn't change the view.

I do see support for the skin helper service and the PVR thumbnails (thanks so much for adding this) however I am not able to get it work showing the thumbnails for the PVR "folders". It does appear to show the artwork when I go into the folder and highlight the actual recording and I believe on the guide as well, however the folder itself (in the "recordings" section) is not showing any artwork in the current view.

This one shows the current "list view" It would be nice if both 1 and 2 showed the artwork

Ultimately I am after something like this. This screenshot shows the Titan Skin to prove that the backend functionality is working and that there are thumbnails available. I think the skin is just not properly showing them.