Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is an example of what I am after for the PVR section

I believe this is now possible with the support of Skin Helper Service.
(2016-02-25, 12:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-24, 20:05)ljhookem14 Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial or anyone, do you only have 10 items on your widgets? This used to be 20 on some and then I used to be able to get even more when I did my video-addon widget and it showed every single video addon.

Is it supposed to be limited to 10 or am I doing something wrong?
See here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2248114

(2016-02-25, 11:35)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid question here

I have an older working copy of arctic zephyr on my nvidia shield, theres nothing wrong with it, and it works fine on jarvis. However i want to test if im missing out on something. can i download this, rename the addon and use it along side the one i use? I dont want to remove the addon i already have
Just install it over the top. No need to create a separate skin as skin settings are stored elsewhere so all your settings will stay the same.

(2016-02-25, 11:48)dan.reppe1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi there, since the implementation of the custom hubs, i found out that it's no longer possible to edit the symbol of each entry or Playlist in the hub. all custom Playlist no longer have a symbol as default.

is it possible to add these symbols again?

Oversight on my part, should be fixed now.
Thanks Jurial. I cant express how good your skin is. I feel like your on a whole another level. Thanks for making my Kodi media center complete!
Great that you have found time for an update of this.

Quick question though, how do I refresh what's in the widget? So if I update a new movie or TV show the widget view is remaining unchanged.

Thanks
Is the skin already on Kodi Jarvis repository?
(2016-02-25, 23:05)Johnotherise Wrote: [ -> ]Great that you have found time for an update of this.

Quick question though, how do I refresh what's in the widget? So if I update a new movie or TV show the widget view is remaining unchanged.

Thanks
Widget should update when update library.

Howver maybe you didnt change the way new movies are handled through advancedsettings.xml

http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

I changed this value to 0
Btw Jurial, u wouldnt happen to use Tidal would u?

Running into an issue with the Tidal Kodi addon. I want to make a tidal shortcut on the home menu. I find the addon shortcut, and it says skin shortcuts is being made, but the home screen is empty, like it didnt register. Inside the options menu it shows still. If you dont have a login, you could use mine if you have the time on day and see if you can recreate the issue.
(2016-02-25, 17:57)Nielsro Wrote: [ -> ]I love your Skin!
Thanks for your work on it!

It's almost perfect for me, only I have one question.
In some cases the name of Tv Shows is not displayed in Icon view.

It shows the name of Movies, and also with other addons the name of Tv Shows.
I wanted to look for myself, but I only can find this line of code in View_55_Wall.xml
Code:
<include name="Fanart_Info">
But can't find where to edit this Fanart info?
Can you point me into the right direction?
That uses $VAR[LabelDirector] which is in Includes_Labels.xml
Looks like whatever addon you are using is not setting ListItem.TvShowTitle correctly.

(2016-02-25, 19:47)sxmdim Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ...... On "Skinsettings - Background" the "Set fallback image" and "Set weather fanart"
are not doing anything when i click on it .
To make sure i installed KODI 16 fresh , and downloaded latest git version of skin, but
both options not working (tried this on a Android box and a MAC computer)
You don't have all the dependencies installed.
You need script.image.resource.select

(2016-02-25, 19:51)benjidave Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-24, 08:36)benjidave Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know how to change the video duration into HHhMM in List view and any other views? I successfully did it in video info panel (Dialogvideoinfo.xml) and furniture (Includes_furnitures.xml).

I tried in View_50_list.xml with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any help please?
You can't use window properties inside list controls so not possible. That's why I don't use it, because I prefer consistency.

(2016-02-25, 21:41)skarragallagher Wrote: [ -> ]Hi JurialMonkey,

Not sure if you missed this post with all the activity on the thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2254575

Was having some issues with the PVR folder thumbnails and the view (cards view not available) in the Recordings page.

Any help with this would be greatly appriciated

I already readded cards view for PVR a few commits back. Plus I fixed the thumbs issue on the left. I will look into adding the recording folders thumbs, but it involves a little more work.

(2016-02-26, 01:07)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]Is the skin already on Kodi Jarvis repository?
No. Git only atm.

(2016-02-26, 01:25)henrikyo Wrote: [ -> ]Btw Jurial, u wouldnt happen to use Tidal would u?

Running into an issue with the Tidal Kodi addon. I want to make a tidal shortcut on the home menu. I find the addon shortcut, and it says skin shortcuts is being made, but the home screen is empty, like it didnt register. Inside the options menu it shows still. If you dont have a login, you could use mine if you have the time on day and see if you can recreate the issue.
No I don't sorry. I'm not sure what is going on with that, but sounds more like a skinshortcuts issue than a skin issue.
Many thanks, didn't see it on the change log Shy
Thx Jurial , got buttons working now , maybe its an idea to update first post with all addons needed
I'm new to this skin and installed the addons needed posted on first page , took a look at addon.xml
and installed all the missing ones , working great now .... thx for this awesome skin
Thanks for everything Jurial. A few questions. Since kodi 16, the skin seems to cache my submenu indefinitely. I made a submenu of a section from an addon. It supposed to reload everytime a change happen in trakt but with the caching its not updating at all. It updates normally on the addon but on the submenu it doesnt refresh. My question is does the skin do the caching or is it skinshortcuts or is it kodi it self?

Heres a log of me going to the section using submenu and going to the addon to the section. Xbmclogs.com/p26zcmvdr

Note: it refreshes on the addon but not on the submenu.
I just downloaded the latest version on git and it seems that the cards view still doesn't work in the PVR section. Also I still have the issue with the graphic in recorded TV section not updating to anything.

I can manually force an artwork refresh while it is highlighted but as soon as I selected something else and go back no image is shown

Wondering if I am doing something wrong here. Do others have cards view working?
(2016-02-26, 04:30)sxmdim Wrote: [ -> ]Thx Jurial , got buttons working now , maybe its an idea to update first post with all addons needed
I'm new to this skin and installed the addons needed posted on first page , took a look at addon.xml
and installed all the missing ones , working great now .... thx for this awesome skin
Good point. Done. Smile

(2016-02-26, 06:22)asderxsdxcv Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for everything Jurial. A few questions. Since kodi 16, the skin seems to cache my submenu indefinitely. I made a submenu of a section from an addon. It supposed to reload everytime a change happen in trakt but with the caching its not updating at all. It updates normally on the addon but on the submenu it doesnt refresh. My question is does the skin do the caching or is it skinshortcuts or is it kodi it self?

Heres a log of me going to the section using submenu and going to the addon to the section. Xbmclogs.com/p26zcmvdr

Note: it refreshes on the addon but not on the submenu.
I assume you mean the widget, not the submenu. Regardless, can't really help you with banned addons.

(2016-02-26, 06:30)skarragallagher Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the latest version on git and it seems that the cards view still doesn't work in the PVR section. Also I still have the issue with the graphic in recorded TV section not updating to anything.

I can manually force an artwork refresh while it is highlighted but as soon as I selected something else and go back no image is shown

Wondering if I am doing something wrong here. Do others have cards view working?
Cards view works for me fine in Channels. Or are you talking about for Recordings?? I only added it to channels view. Check latest git - I have enabled it for recordings also.

I will look into the helper thumbs stuff when I get the chance. A little time poor at the moment.
(2016-02-26, 06:51)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]I assume you mean the widget, not the submenu. Regardless, can't really help you with banned addons.

I mean submenu. Sucks you cant help but Thanks for the skin.
@jurialmunkey

Thank you.

I have another question. In the home menu (vertical one), is it possible to use the regular DialogVideoInfo with the movies in the posters widget instead of the extended-info one? I don't know which .xml file to edit. I edited your dialogvideoinfo.xml the way i want it and I actually want to use it everywhere.

Your skin is really awesome tho. I moved from aeon madnox for this one. Love the flat design! Modern and simple. Simply the best skin ever.
Thanks jurialmonkey, I was referring to recordings. Thanks for enabling it in the recordings view, I will download latest and give it another try.

I understand the time issue. Appreciate you looking at the PVR thumbnails whenever you can