Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@push87 after taking your advice,i installed ES. proceeded to connect both through my Dropbox and Ftp straight from my macbook. with installed both are in my download folder...both do not install. Fresh new install of kodi. Even downloaded a fresh copy of zephyr(straight from github).I keep receiving the install error "the dependency on script.imdb250.view version 0.0.5." I am officially fed up and over it. ill just use someone else's skin. which sucks because like i said, i think its the best skin hands down. Thanks for the assistance. i guess if anyone else has any ideas I'm up for something new.
OK. I can't wait anymore. I need to upgrade to Jarvis now but can't do without this skin. Sorry if this is a stupid question. If I install github version, whenever this skin goes to Kodi 16 repo, will my github version get the Arctic: Zephyr official repo update?
(2016-03-08, 16:31)Dutchsamurai Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin, easy to navigate and looks very pretty.

Just one question, is it possible to force the same view for everything? I like the view: extra info best but this isn't the default view so I end up having to adjust it manually every time which is rather annoying. I looked through the settings but couldn't find any option to define a default view.

In case it matters I'm on 16.0 and using Emby for Kodi for my media database.

Nobody knows if this is possible?
Found a bug in Wide view with TV show specials:
(2016-03-09, 02:05)zephprobs Wrote: [ -> ]@push87 after taking your advice,i installed ES. proceeded to connect both through my Dropbox and Ftp straight from my macbook. with installed both are in my download folder...both do not install. Fresh new install of kodi. Even downloaded a fresh copy of zephyr(straight from github).I keep receiving the install error "the dependency on script.imdb250.view version 0.0.5." I am officially fed up and over it. ill just use someone else's skin. which sucks because like i said, i think its the best skin hands down. Thanks for the assistance. i guess if anyone else has any ideas I'm up for something new.

Arctic Zephyr doesn't use or require any script called 'script.imdb250.view' so your issue is not related to the skin and it it looks like you're using a 'build' looking at your previous post. 'Builds' install many things, including addons that Kodi does not approve of, all of which carry the risk of messing up and corrupting your system. I'd advise deleting everything from your system and starting with a fresh install of Kodi from the Kodi website. Here's another relevant read.

(2016-03-09, 06:36)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I can't wait anymore. I need to upgrade to Jarvis now but can't do without this skin. Sorry if this is a stupid question. If I install github version, whenever this skin goes to Kodi 16 repo, will my github version get the Arctic: Zephyr official repo update?

Yep, it should update to the stable repo version once it's out. It should be automatic if you have auto-update enabled, otherwise you can manually click on 'update' when it's out.

(2016-03-08, 16:31)Dutchsamurai Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin, easy to navigate and looks very pretty.

Just one question, is it possible to force the same view for everything? I like the view: extra info best but this isn't the default view so I end up having to adjust it manually every time which is rather annoying. I looked through the settings but couldn't find any option to define a default view.

In case it matters I'm on 16.0 and using Emby for Kodi for my media database.

There's no option to define a default view. I think the skin remembers the views you have set. E.g. if you have 'Extra Info' view set for TV Episodes, it should display this view for any TV episode list you're browsing. Seems to be working fine for me on the latest Github version, not sure why it's not working for you.
Is it possible to only show specific sub paths in mymusicnav.xml window?

e.g. Only displaying "genres" "artists" "albums" "songs" and "playlists"
@Hustler1337 first off thank you for the advise. I'm actually doing a complete reset right now. I decided to give it another go since I am OCD and can never admit defeat. Lol.. We'll see what happens. I am not using a build. I was saying I didn't want to use a build for example I know royalist from Chris b
uses the zephyr skin. I don't want to use anyone's build. That's why it's killing me to not have this skin. Ill figure it out. I appreciate all the help you guys have been giving me. Thanks again
Got it. First off I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but whatever we all make mistakes. I had the wrong download. Had the zephyr from the ashes. Lol,oops. Plus when my Mac downloads the zip it automatically opens and places it in a folder. So naturally I'd compress it and send it over. I'm going to assume it doesn't like the way my Mac zips it. I went back and made sure it didn't open it so I'd get the zip the way it's supposed to be. I sent it over and walla,loaded right up. Thanks again @Hustler1337 and push87 for all the help.
I would like to know where is the include "Fanart_Info".

Thanks
Does anyone else have the problem that kodi is hanging after loading epg data? it stucks at 100% and I can't to anything.
Only workaround is to navigate around while loading epg data, then it passes 100% as expected
(2016-03-10, 19:24)ErAzOr2k Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have the problem that kodi is hanging after loading epg data? it stucks at 100% and I can't to anything.
Only workaround is to navigate around while loading epg data, then it passes 100% as expected
Something here.
(2016-03-10, 19:24)ErAzOr2k Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have the problem that kodi is hanging after loading epg data? it stucks at 100% and I can't to anything.

(2016-03-10, 20:49)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]
Something here.
Fixed in Kodi 16.1 rc1 https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-1-jarvis-release-candidate-1/
(2016-03-10, 22:41)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]

(2016-03-10, 20:49)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]
Something here.
I'm using the rc for 2 days and the problem remains the same.
(2016-03-10, 23:32)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 22:41)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]

(2016-03-10, 20:49)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]Something here.

yes for me too.
My screen freezes after the initial load of epg data (after reboot). Even with RC1.

I don't think it's kodi related, as I don't have the problem with other skins. It only happens in Artic: Zephyr
(2016-03-11, 07:35)ErAzOr2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 23:32)Cornolius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-10, 22:41)baruchin Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed in Kodi 16.1 rc1 https://kodi.tv/kodi-16-1-jarvis-release-candidate-1/

yes for me too.
My screen freezes after the initial load of epg data (after reboot). Even with RC1.

I don't think it's kodi related, as I don't have the problem with other skins. It only happens in Artic: Zephyr
Have you already reported on Bugs thread? I think you should