Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-28, 03:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]NOTICE Persistent Widgets Update

Hey guys,
Apologies for my absence. Very busy at the moment.

Considering that people are having problems with persistent widgets and content reloading etc., I've added an option in Skin Settings > Home to allow people to disable persistent widgets and revert back to the old method. Simply select "Allow widget reloading" in the home skin settings page.

hahah just finished setting everything up with the updated skinshortcut method....so how to i upgrade to the newest skin version without loosing all of my settings?
I still can't figure out how to switch to Rolodex. Only Classic Big Wide seems to be available. I did manage to switch to Rolodex by editing View_51_BigWide.xml. If anyone else likes to know how, inside that file switch lines 127 and 210 around, so the Skin thinks classic=rolodex and vice versa. These lines:

<include name="View_51_BigWide_Classic">
<include name="View_51_BigWide">

edit: I noticed that the flag (watched, new, in progress) is incorrect for the item on the right of the center item.

(2016-03-15, 17:22)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot about Rolodex. Looks very nice. I also can't see an option for it at Big Wide view. How can we activate it?

(2016-03-12, 18:27)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-19, 01:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]New Viewtypes
Inspired by a couple of the new views in the mods floating around.

Big Wide - Rolodex (Classic mode available from side menu)

And how do I activate the rolodex view?

Thanks
Hi,

I have the latest version from GitHub,

But when I try and copy my build to another device and run kodi for the first time, it says its updating the skin with round loader top right, it then loses all my backgrounds and widgets and reverts to the fall-back Kodi image of clouds.

I then have to re do backgrounds and widgets setup

Why is this happening?
@jurialmunkey - apologies for the dumb question, but how does one grab the latest version number with that update you made?

I'm currently using v2.2.7, but only because someone linked to the zip package directly in this thread. When I go to your github, I don't see any "releases" with version numbers.
(2016-03-27, 20:54)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-27, 20:35)Pipsqueak Wrote: [ -> ]Cannot get the 'Weather Underground' weather addon to display anything using this skin.
Is this a known issue ?
Using Jarvis 16.
Thanks in advance.
it works for me

Interesting Smile
I need to do further testing.
Thanks for your help.
Love you work! Thanks!

One suggestion.

The Animated wallpaper moves too quickly so it looks quite jarring depending on what type of wallpaper image is being displayed.
Would it be possible to slow it down more to make it look smoother?

Also, anyway to make this auto-update? I added it from the GITHUB .zip.
(2016-03-28, 15:01)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey - apologies for the dumb question, but how does one grab the latest version number with that update you made?

I'm currently using v2.2.7, but only because someone linked to the zip package directly in this thread. When I go to your github, I don't see any "releases" with version numbers.

You should be able to just click Download ZIP on the github page

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...master.zip
(2016-03-29, 00:07)drivesoslow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-28, 15:01)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey - apologies for the dumb question, but how does one grab the latest version number with that update you made?

You should be able to just click Download ZIP on the github page

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...master.zip

Make sure you rename the zip file so that it has a unique name (e.g. skin-arctic-zephyr-29Mar16.zip) otherwise it wont install as Kodi thinks it already previously installed it.
@jurialmunkey - how do I get the image circled in red to show? I really really want it enabled on mine but cannot figure out how to do it lol Laugh

Thanks!
@ Pixel8UK - Settings > Skin Settings > Furniture > tick Show Clear logo. You need to make sure you have clear logos downloaded for them to display
Thanks @Hustler1337 - I have enabled that already, I thought it may just download the clear logos when it updates the library. Does it pull them locally or is there an addon to get them?
@ Pixel8UK - Yes, it pulls them locally. However, if you don't have any clearlogos, you can use the Artwork Downloader program to download clearlogo artwork from within Kodi.

You can find the Artwork Downloader by going to Settings>Add-ons>My-Addons>Program addons. Important: Before you click RUN, I would recommend that you click the Configure button to configure the addon settings first. Have a look through Movies or TV Shows section in the settings and make sure 'Logo' is selected. By default, everything will be ticked. So if you clicked on run before, every single type of artwork available would have downloaded possibly overwriting all your existing local artwork and consuming unncessary disk space if you didn't want all these extra artworks to download. Once you've ticked on what artwork you'd like the addon to download for you, click on OK. Then open the program by clicking on 'Run'. It should start downloading all the logos and other artwork locally for all the movies/tv shows in your library..

Alternatively, if you'd like to download clear logos individually or for specific movies/tv shows, fortunately you can do so since the skin has integrated Artwork Downloader in the skin. You can do this by highlighting the movie/tv show, clicking the context menu button and clicking on TV Show information/Movie information (or pressing the 'i' button on your keyboard). Scroll to the right through the buttons and click on Artwork Downloader and click on Logo. Select the logo you'd like to download and that's it.
[double posted, somehow]
(2016-03-29, 17:08)Pixel8UK Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @Hustler1337 - I have enabled that already, I thought it may just download the clear logos when it updates the library. Does it pull them locally or is there an addon to get them?

(2016-03-29, 17:29)Hustler1337 Wrote: [ -> ]@ Pixel8UK - Yes, it pulls them locally. However, if you don't have any clearlogos, you can use the Artwork Downloader program to download clearlogo artwork from within Kodi.

You can find the Artwork Downloader by going to Settings>Add-ons>My-Addons>Program addons. Important: Before you click RUN, I would recommend that you click the Configure button to configure the addon settings first. Have a look through Movies or TV Shows section in the settings and make sure 'Logo' is selected. By default, everything will be ticked. So if you clicked on run before, every single type of artwork available would have downloaded possibly overwriting all your existing local artwork and consuming unncessary disk space if you didn't want all these extra artworks to download. Once you've ticked on what artwork you'd like the addon to download for you, click on OK. Then open the program by clicking on 'Run'. It should start downloading all the logos and other artwork locally for all the movies/tv shows in your library..

Alternatively, if you'd like to download clear logos individually or for specific movies/tv shows, fortunately you can do so since the skin has integrated Artwork Downloader in the skin. You can do this by highlighting the movie/tv show, clicking the context menu button and clicking on TV Show information/Movie information (or pressing the 'i' button on your keyboard). Scroll to the right through the buttons and click on Artwork Downloader and click on Logo. Select the logo you'd like to download and that's it.

Clerlogos is not native supported in KODI so even if if you have them on your drive you must run AD to get them into the DB and after that they are visible in any skin (if supported)
Thanks a lot guys! I've just sorted it out!

Next mission... Rolodex view! Any ideas? lol