Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-31, 18:54)Zildjian85 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I'm currently using this skin provided by someone else on my Android box. I want to make it my own the way I would like with my own backgrounds etc... I thought it was the Braz version but it turns out the one on my Android box is this edition.

Before I wipe it all clean and start with this one I have a couple of questions. On the other MODs it gives the skin along with the Skin Shortcuts file and script file. I noticed that this requires these files as well, however the link only points to what appears to be just the main Skin file.

Does this file contain the two other required files, and if not can I use the other two mentioned files from the Bra going links and if not where can I download those other required files?

This will be going onto a Win 7 box for the making of then transferred to my Android box for my use.

I'm new to all of this so please excuse my newbieness.

as far as i recall when 1st installing the skin you only need to install the version on github and it will install the dependencies it needs.
if it fails i don't see any harm in installing the other two scripts

just a suggestion though why dont you install this straight onto your android box
if you find operating on a windows pc easier then install teamviewer app on your android box, teamviewer on your pc and you can control your android box from your PC
I've managed to fix the incorrect flag on item 1. Find item 1 (<!-- Item 1 -->) in View_51_BigWide.xml and change these 2 lines:

<texture>$VAR[PercentWatchedN3]</texture>
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem(-3).Label,..)</visible>

To:

<texture>$VAR[PercentWatchedP1]</texture>
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem(1).Label,..)</visible>

(2016-03-28, 12:56)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]I still can't figure out how to switch to Rolodex. Only Classic Big Wide seems to be available. I did manage to switch to Rolodex by editing View_51_BigWide.xml. If anyone else likes to know how, inside that file switch lines 127 and 210 around, so the Skin thinks classic=rolodex and vice versa. These lines:

<include name="View_51_BigWide_Classic">
<include name="View_51_BigWide">

edit: I noticed that the flag (watched, new, in progress) is incorrect for the item on the right of the center item.

(2016-03-15, 17:22)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]Forgot about Rolodex. Looks very nice. I also can't see an option for it at Big Wide view. How can we activate it?

(2016-03-12, 18:27)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]And how do I activate the rolodex view?

Thanks
(2016-03-31, 19:50)pusb87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-31, 18:54)Zildjian85 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question that I hope someone can answer.

I'm currently using this skin provided by someone else on my Android box. I want to make it my own the way I would like with my own backgrounds etc... I thought it was the Braz version but it turns out the one on my Android box is this edition.

Before I wipe it all clean and start with this one I have a couple of questions. On the other MODs it gives the skin along with the Skin Shortcuts file and script file. I noticed that this requires these files as well, however the link only points to what appears to be just the main Skin file.

Does this file contain the two other required files, and if not can I use the other two mentioned files from the Bra going links and if not where can I download those other required files?

This will be going onto a Win 7 box for the making of then transferred to my Android box for my use.

I'm new to all of this so please excuse my newbieness.

as far as i recall when 1st installing the skin you only need to install the version on github and it will install the dependencies it needs.
if it fails i don't see any harm in installing the other two scripts

just a suggestion though why dont you install this straight onto your android box
if you find operating on a windows pc easier then install teamviewer app on your android box, teamviewer on your pc and you can control your android box from your PC

The reason I'm doing this skin on Win 7 is because I was told it is easier and faster to make a build/skin on the laptop then transferring the three (I think it is three files) onto the Android box when done. I will be running it I will be running it on Android as I don't want to tie up my laptop running KODI all day. Plus the laptop gets hot after awhile so I just use it for quick browsing when the wife is on the desktop (Main PC). I have a Matricom Gbox Q, but looking into building a HTPC or getting a Chrome Box with at least 4 gigs of RAM, as I'm finding this Gbox lacking in that area.

The reason I was asking about those other two files is from what I saw in the tutorial you are supposed to install those files BEFORE installing the skin file. Seeing as this will be the 3rd time doing this, I want to get it right this time. I have it narrowed down to this one as the one that I want to give me that underscore instead of the highlight on the main menu, and I can get the transparency of the main menu bar by deleting the shadow16b.png and bg.jpg. I just saw that those files are required but see no links for them, only the link for the skin on Git Hub
where as the Braz links them separately, so wanted to see if they were included in the zip file or if Braz files will work, and if not were to get them.
i always do my skin configuration on laptop with teamviewer into the android...really just because i find it easier to use a laptop keyboard.

when i have something im happy with i use the kodi backup addon and set is to create a compressed file...with that you just get one zip file created with all your setup which you can use to restore with if it all goes belly up, and with which you can copy to other devices........whilst having no evidence to the contrary i prefer not to create a setup on a windows o/s to be copied to the android o/s

don't fret about the other two files you talk about.....just use the main arctic zephyr skin from the github......if it complains about missing dependencies then install the files from links on the braz mod
How come this is no longer available through normal skins, I hit get more and its no longer there...what gives? lol
(2016-04-01, 06:22)fahadrana Wrote: [ -> ]How come this is no longer available through normal skins, I hit get more and its no longer there...what gives? lol

I don't know this as fact but from what I heard it works in Jarvis, but not official Jarvis release but it is a requirement. Maybe just got get through some red tap first. Again not 100% sure on that.
(2016-03-31, 23:06)pusb87 Wrote: [ -> ]i always do my skin configuration on laptop with teamviewer into the android...really just because i find it easier to use a laptop keyboard.

when i have something im happy with i use the kodi backup addon and set is to create a compressed file...with that you just get one zip file created with all your setup which you can use to restore with if it all goes belly up, and with which you can copy to other devices........whilst having no evidence to the contrary i prefer not to create a setup on a windows o/s to be copied to the android o/s

don't fret about the other two files you talk about.....just use the main arctic zephyr skin from the github......if it complains about missing dependencies then install the files from links on the braz mod

Yup did not need to put those other two files in. Everything went in the zip and other program files.
However I was disappointed to see that the common folder did not contain the Shadow16b.png and bg.jpg files to remove to get rid of the Main Menu since the original ver does not have a transparency slider. Can't even find similar files in this one LOL. I know the file structure is probably different with different file names but I can't find any texture or image files hardly anywhere. LOL but love the underscore of the highlighted things instead of the colored block over the word. So much cleaner and nicer looking. Now to just get transparency. I have even looked for an add on color picker, but can't find any that will work in Jarvis. I did see the XMBC one but not sure about that one. Smile
(2016-04-01, 08:05)Zildjian85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-01, 06:22)fahadrana Wrote: [ -> ]How come this is no longer available through normal skins, I hit get more and its no longer there...what gives? lol

I don't know this as fact but from what I heard it works in Jarvis, but not official Jarvis release but it is a requirement. Maybe just got get through some red tap first. Again not 100% sure on that.

Okay, well is there another way to get this skin? perhaps a downloadable zip file?
Fahadrana,

Yes go to the first page where he shows his screen shots. You will see a link to Git Hub for the zip file.

https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr
Sorry if this has already been answered, i thought I had read it somewhere in this forum but can't find it.

I have a widget pointing to Recently Added movies. It uses the below syntax:

plugin://plugin.video.plexbmc/?mode=0&url=http%3a//192.168.0.10%3a32400/library/sections/1/recentlyAdded&mode=0&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(widgetreload)]

How can I modify this so the widget only returns 5 items, and that it filters out any items that are marked as watched?

Thanks
Anyone knows why these black bars on the center of the screen appear and how I can fix this?

I'm using a RaspberryPi btw.
(2016-03-31, 21:21)Aemstel Wrote: [ -> ]I've managed to fix the incorrect flag on item 1. Find item 1 (<!-- Item 1 -->) in View_51_BigWide.xml and change these 2 lines:

<texture>$VAR[PercentWatchedN3]</texture>
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem(-3).Label,..)</visible>

To:

<texture>$VAR[PercentWatchedP1]</texture>
<visible>!stringcompare(ListItem(1).Label,..)</visible>

How you figured this out is beyond me, but seems to be a bug that started on version 1.4.2.

Thanks for your help
Hi Jurialmunkey,

Hope all's going well.

Are you able to make the pvr artwork (skin.helper.service) select the "next available" artwork if fanart is not available. A lot of shows do not provide fanart such as news and sports etc.. but skin helper is still finding and storing thumb images from google, these are used in the Titan skin if there is no fanart.jpg which returns a much better result for images.

Also, currently there's no indicator for movie sets.
So there's really no way to tell wether a movie poster in Icons view is representing a "set" or just a single movie.
(2016-04-02, 17:59)lysin Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows why these black bars on the center of the screen appear and how I can fix this?

This is something to do with the gradient texture used in the black theme. It looks terrible on my TV so I have to use the white them.

Maybe jurialmunkey can fix this
(2016-03-31, 01:12)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-30, 12:55)DragonQ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-30, 12:15)mark2112 Wrote: [ -> ]It should just install the dependencies automatically. I've installed it quite a few times and everytime the dependencies install first. What version of Kodi are you using and how are you installing the skin?
Kodi DSPlayer 16.1 RC2. I'm installing by going to github and downloading the ZIP, then extracting to ...AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons.

You would be better deleting it from addons and finding the downloaded zip file through addons/install from zip file. If you do it this way it should install the dependencies automatically.
If I install the skin this way, I get the following error:

Quote:17:48:11 T:9040 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.arctic.zephyr]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.