Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-04-18, 09:46)Rubicon99 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

I've been using AZ for a while now and love it. One thing I have noticed however is that the poster images are cut off at the sides, only by a few pixels I think but it's quite noticeable on some posters more than others (like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for example in the pic below).

I thought it might be a specific view problem (for the icon view) but as you can see it's cut off in other views too

I've checked the scraped image and it's definitely not cut off.

As you can see I've been tinkering a bit and I'm happy to tinker some more but I have no clue how to fix this particular issue. Any pointers on what files I need to look at?

Thanks

David

you're using a 16:10 resolution and the skin is designed for 16:9.
(2016-04-18, 18:32)furii Wrote: [ -> ]

I've been using AZ for a while now and love it. One thing I have noticed however is that the poster images are cut off at the sides, only by a few pixels I think but it's quite noticeable on some posters more than others (like Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for example in the pic below).

I thought it might be a specific view problem (for the icon view) but as you can see it's cut off in other views too

As you can see I've been tinkering a bit and I'm happy to tinker some more but I have no clue how to fix this particular issue. Any pointers on what files I need to look at?

Thanks

David

you're using a 16:10 resolution and the skin is designed for 16:9.

Yep, spot on. I've been doing all my skin testing on my pc monitor which is 16:10. A fact which did not dawn on me until last night when I noticed the posters were OK on my TV, which of course is 16:9. Duh!

Thanks
Any way to save my 'hubs' (in a favorite, or some other way?) So when i am switching between zephyr and eminence it saves them? (Currently, it saves your configuration but not the actual hub items and layout, etc... when you click on a hub nothing happens... yet you can rebuild a hub in both screens that work fine...) just hoping to avoid having to rebuild each one of my hubs each time i decided to change between the 2 skins....? thanks!

to be mentioned: ive tried kodi favorites (no menu option appears no matter which skin i am in, or how i adjust context menus) and no super favourites option either (even though i have it set to the global context menu, the problem is that i have my remote adjusted so that when i hit that menu button ON MY HOME SCREEN ONLY it takes me to the actual amazon home screen.... and im trying not to mess with my remote, there HAS to be another way to access your hubs to be able to add to favorites/etc)

where do all these "common widgets" and "default widgets" etc get their info from? are they already pre-built into the skin, or is there a way to access them yourself? (whats the path the information gets saved to?) thanks guys!!!!
(2016-04-20, 01:51)AsinineRepublic Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to save my 'hubs' (in a favorite, or some other way?) So when i am switching between zephyr and eminence it saves them? (Currently, it saves your configuration but not the actual hub items and layout, etc... when you click on a hub nothing happens... yet you can rebuild a hub in both screens that work fine...) just hoping to avoid having to rebuild each one of my hubs each time i decided to change between the 2 skins....? thanks!

to be mentioned: ive tried kodi favorites (no menu option appears no matter which skin i am in, or how i adjust context menus) and no super favourites option either (even though i have it set to the global context menu, the problem is that i have my remote adjusted so that when i hit that menu button ON MY HOME SCREEN ONLY it takes me to the actual amazon home screen.... and im trying not to mess with my remote, there HAS to be another way to access your hubs to be able to add to favorites/etc)

where do all these "common widgets" and "default widgets" etc get their info from? are they already pre-built into the skin, or is there a way to access them yourself? (whats the path the information gets saved to?) thanks guys!!!!

would using profiles do what you want to achieve...a different profile for each skin......just a thought........i haven't used profiles myself

Thanks

David

How do you get those flixter and imdb colour rich icons to show up?
Hi there,

I've an issue with the weather widget in the main menu. I usually use the skin with the vertical menu and with this option the icons of the weather widget doesn't show. However if I set the menu into classic it does.

Where can I change the transparency of the weather widget in the vertical menu (so it shows the icons)?
(2016-04-20, 22:04)pusb87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-20, 01:51)AsinineRepublic Wrote: [ -> ]Any way to save my 'hubs' (in a favorite, or some other way?) So when i am switching between zephyr and eminence it saves them? (Currently, it saves your configuration but not the actual hub items and layout, etc... when you click on a hub nothing happens... yet you can rebuild a hub in both screens that work fine...) just hoping to avoid having to rebuild each one of my hubs each time i decided to change between the 2 skins....? thanks!

would using profiles do what you want to achieve...a different profile for each skin......just a thought........i haven't used profiles myself

thanks for replying... i dont think so, because profiles create completely different setups, for instance if you had children in the home who also watch tv you could make a new profile for them and customize it in a way to where they would only have access to child-like addons and shows, etc... like a parental control type scenario.. or if you have a roommate or something, they can have their own profile... its just like on a computer (windows, lets say) where you can create new logins... HOWEVER each profile does not have access to the same apps/settings/etc... you have to manually configure it all over again... with me, however, im just trying to figure out which skin i want to keep between the 2, and what parts i like out of each so if i choose to later, i can combine them... so i am constantly switching between them and changing settings, etc... but i just rebuilt the menu and am keeping both hubs until i figure it out (because one hub works on one skin and the other works on the 2nd skin haha)...
Quick question (which im sure is a dumb one, i apologize beforehand hahaha) Where is the default fanart/kodi image located for this skin? (the one with the kodi logo in the middle and has a background of clouds)Huh!!!!! i've seemed to look everywhere but i cannot find it... (even did a few google searches trying to find it, but no luck) thanks Wink - NEVERMIND I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! hahaahhahahah.... i was totally looking inside of eminence 2.0 for it... NO wonder i didnt find it... hahaha Wink i've been messing with this for weeks, my brain is tired haha... my bad.
(2016-04-11, 10:10)ulTimaS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-10, 17:34)Eddie2k Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me how to set Favourites in a widget?
It used to be on the menu but I cant see it anymore

edit: nevermind i've found it

Could you tell me where you found it? I ran in to the same problem after upgrading my rbpi2 to libreelec (kodi 16). I also have kodi 16 on my Windows machine, but I can see the option for favourites in the first directory just fine.

I'm still having this issue and Eddie2k isn't responding so if anyone has an idea, please share Smile
(2016-04-21, 19:04)AsinineRepublic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-20, 22:04)pusb87 Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks for replying... i dont think so, because profiles create completely different setups, for instance if you had children in the home who also watch tv you could make a new profile for them and customize it in a way to where they would only have access to child-like addons and shows, etc... like a parental control type scenario.. or if you have a roommate or something, they can have their own profile... its just like on a computer (windows, lets say) where you can create new logins... HOWEVER each profile does not have access to the same apps/settings/etc... you have to manually configure it all over again... with me, however, im just trying to figure out which skin i want to keep between the 2, and what parts i like out of each so if i choose to later, i can combine them... so i am constantly switching between them and changing settings, etc... but i just rebuilt the menu and am keeping both hubs until i figure it out (because one hub works on one skin and the other works on the 2nd skin haha)...

i cant exactly follow what your trying to do but how about if for each skin setting you create a backup ( using xbmc backup addon) and then restore that backup in each profile...would that work ?
HI all,
I have defined three shortcuts in my main menu as entry points to my video library defined as
ActivateWindow(10025,"smb://NAS/musicvideo/",return)
ActivateWindow(10025,"smb://NAS/movies/",return)
ActivateWindow(10025,"smb://NAS/series/",return)
In "VIEW: media info" I don't get any media codec info while browsing musicvideo directories. For movies & series I get all infos like SD/HD, audio/video codecs etc.
Same behaviour on submenu entries: videodb://recentlyaddedmovies | recentlyaddedmusicvideos | recentlyaddedepisodes
How do I enable AZ to show codec info for muscivideos, too?
Thx & Cheers,
Hans
Hi is there a way to add widgets to the sub-menu items?
(2016-04-23, 13:42)willcmuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is there a way to add widgets to the sub-menu items?

Okay so I'm part way there having asked this question also on the skin.shortcuts forum.

I've enabled the "add widget" to the submenu I now need to edit the template.xml file to create the container, i've tried simply just copying the code for the existing widget i.e. the one with id=301, clearly I'm in over my head!

Please can someone help!
(2016-04-23, 22:48)willcmuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-23, 13:42)willcmuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi is there a way to add widgets to the sub-menu items?

Okay so I'm part way there having asked this question also on the skin.shortcuts forum.

I've enabled the "add widget" to the submenu I now need to edit the template.xml file to create the container, i've tried simply just copying the code for the existing widget i.e. the one with id=301, clearly I'm in over my head!

Please can someone help!

Re-read what I said over on the Skin Shortcuts forum thread - if you're using templates to achieve this (what Jurial refers to as 'persistent widgets') you're going to have to use 'submmenuOther' templates (only available on the git version, rather than the 'other' template used by the main menu widgets which are available in the current repo version), and you're going to have to ensure that the visibility conditions are correct for both the main menu widgets (they WILL need adjusting) and the new submenu widgets (the visibility conditions the script adds by default won't be sufficient!) Just copy and pasting the existing 'other' templates - even directly into a 'submenuOther' template - won't be anywhere near enough!

Your first job is to ensure you fully understand the template system the script uses - and it's a very complex system which has confused some of the most skilled skinners Kodi currently has (and we'll happily answer questions about what the various available templates do, and how to use them, in the Skin Shortcuts thread). Once you understand that, and how and when to use them, you can begin to understand how to use them to {a} build the various lists that will display the submenu widgets and then {b} - a purely skinning issue - get the lists that the template function creates to display at the correct time and finally {c} - again, a skinning issue - only display the existing main menu widgets when the main menu is focused. Once you ge t{a}, {b} and {c} all correct then you will achieve what you want - fair warning, though, particularly if you're going to use templates to achieve this, what you want to do is not going to be easy and requires good knowledge of the skinning engine and the Skin Shortcuts script).

(And will require the git version of the script - it cannot be done using templates with the current version on the repo.)
(2016-04-23, 23:14)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-23, 22:48)willcmuk Wrote: [ -> ]

Please can someone help!

Re-read what I said over on the Skin Shortcuts forum thread - if you're using templates to achieve this (what Jurial refers to as 'persistent widgets') you're going to have to use 'submmenuOther' templates (only available on the git version, rather than the 'other' template used by the main menu widgets which are available in the current repo version), and you're going to have to ensure that the visibility conditions are correct for both the main menu widgets (they WILL need adjusting) and the new submenu widgets (the visibility conditions the script adds by default won't be sufficient!) Just copy and pasting the existing 'other' templates - even directly into a 'submenuOther' template - won't be anywhere near enough!

Your first job is to ensure you fully understand the template system the script uses - and it's a very complex system which has confused some of the most skilled skinners Kodi currently has (and we'll happily answer questions about what the various available templates do, and how to use them, in the Skin Shortcuts thread). Once you understand that, and how and when to use them, you can begin to understand how to use them to {a} build the various lists that will display the submenu widgets and then {b} - a purely skinning issue - get the lists that the template function creates to display at the correct time and finally {c} - again, a skinning issue - only display the existing main menu widgets when the main menu is focused. Once you ge t{a}, {b} and {c} all correct then you will achieve what you want - fair warning, though, particularly if you're going to use templates to achieve this, what you want to do is not going to be easy and requires good knowledge of the skinning engine and the Skin Shortcuts script).

(And will require the git version of the script - it cannot be done using templates with the current version on the repo.)

Thanks Bob, I'll have a look at the template readme to see if I can get my head around it!