Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2017-06-29, 22:29)Craig87 Wrote: [ -> ]This skin looks amazing, but I have 3 things that are really annoying me. It would be amazing if you could advise how I can change them .

Stop the automatic cycle between the items in the widget.
OR
When I move from the menu item to the widget, it moves back to the 1st item.

2 and 3.
Add an option to not show the info text for a widget per menu item.
And also an option to disable fanart as background per menu item.
An example as to why:
http://i.imgur.com/QmxDhCF.jpg
My favorites menu shows "no information available" and uses the MetalliQ fanart as the background. It would like nicer without these.

Thanks very much.

Thanks.

For 1 check latest git. I have added an option to disable auto scroll in skin settings > home. I also made it so that when you press "Back" on the widget it will return to the first item in the list before going back to the main menu

For 2 and 3 I can't help you with your banned piracy add-ons. If you used content that you owned and scanned to the library you wouldn't have this issue.
(2017-06-30, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-29, 22:29)Craig87 Wrote: [ -> ]This skin looks amazing, but I have 3 things that are really annoying me. It would be amazing if you could advise how I can change them .

OR

2 and 3.
An example as to why:
My favorites menu shows "no information available" and uses the MetalliQ fanart as the background. It would like nicer without these.

Thanks very much.

Thanks.

For 1 check latest git. I have added an option to disable auto scroll in skin settings > home. I also made it so that when you press "Back" on the widget it will return to the first item in the list before going back to the main menu

For 2 and 3 I can't help you with your banned piracy add-ons. If you used content that you owned and scanned to the library you wouldn't have this issue.

I did not know MetalliQ was against the rules here. It doesn't stream any content. Information only.

Hopefully you can add an option to disable info text for widgets (per menu item) at a later date.

Thanks very much for .1 anyway. That was my main annoyance. Send me your PayPal via PM and i'll give you a few $ to buy yourself a beer.
(2017-06-25, 16:54)Magic815 Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say - this skin is by far the best skin I've used since I first installed Kodi back in 2011. What an awesome job, jurialmonkey. Keep it up!
I agree. This is hands down the best skin I have used!
@lakinen69

As you are in breach of the Forum Rules, I have removed your posts. Please read the Forum Rules and familiarise yourself with them. The link is in my signature.

To the other members who replied to the post, my apologies for removing your posts as well. If you feel strongly that they should be reinstated, let me know.
Jurialmunkey,

Trying to make a mod using the show info overlay option.

Instead of showing the plot, I would like to show awards:

watch gallery

The idea comes from:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270650 post #9

Is it possible to display tags in this overlay option, and where would I find the code that I need to change?

TIA
(2017-05-20, 00:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-05-19, 16:25)number1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of you putting back the option to 'Allow widgets to reload'?

Why? Under what scenario are they not refreshing properly?

Not sure if I'm experiencing the same thing. Just updated from 15 to 17 and it went super smooth. However on 15 I was able to set a widget to use a custom playlist I'd made of ten random films, and every time I'd navigate to that menu item the widget would refresh showing a different ten films (and it loaded very fast when doing so). Now when using the same playlist the widget doesn't update until you've played something.

It's not a massive deal, I'm just wondering if there's any way to get the immediate refresh functionality back (without using the reload skin hack). I'm guessing it might be down to changes in kodi core in which case nothing can be done.

Many thanks. Really glad to see this amazing skin is still going (I thought you'd finished with it!)
Hey mate, what is the max number of widgets in the row? Mine is only showing maybe 8 to 10?
(2017-06-20, 05:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-18, 00:10)AngryAlloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-08, 11:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. I have no idea why this would happen. It works fine for me when I tested it.
I recently have been running into this same issue. You can "click" the thumbnails on the widget but they don't interact or play. You have to long press, click information then play. Not sure what changed from before.
What widget is this for? The Fallback one or individual menu items? Also, what are you setting the widget to?

(2017-06-19, 04:51)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance you'll add backup/restore?
Added on latest git Smile

Hello,
What a great skin! Thanks Smile

I´ve make a backup but dont find it... where they store backup files?

EDIT: Forget it i already found the location of backups
Thank you Jurialmunkey! I've finally been able update to Krypton after being loathed to use the newer version of the "From Ashes" mod when I was happier with the Jarvis version.

The only thing that is a problem for me now is that the MusicPlaylist window appears to be broken. I prefer to have a shortcut on the homescreen under my Music submenu for ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist) which takes me to the "now playing" playlist but nothing works, I can't move in any direction and the only option is to go back. I tested on Estuary Mod (which works fine) and Aeon Nox (submenu item doesn't even work) so I think that means it's a skin issue?
(2017-07-05, 00:31)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Jurialmunkey,
Trying to make a mod using the show info overlay option.
Instead of showing the plot, I would like to show awards:

The idea comes from:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270650 post #9
Is it possible to display tags in this overlay option, and where would I find the code that I need to change?
TIA
Sorry mate, I totally missed your post.

Currently ListItem.Tag only works inside DialogVideoInfo (Someone posted something on the Skinning forum about this). So that means it wouldn't show in the overlay as that is from MyVideoNav.xml

For completions sake, the overlay stuff is in Includes_Furniture in the "Furniture_OverlayInfo" include. It's basically a fullscreen image that dims the screen, the clearlogo at the top, a label for the title and a textbox for the plot -- its pretty simple. It also has a hidden button with ID 9601 -- this basically allows you to set a command on your remote to quickly access the overlay by focusing the hidden button with SetFocus(9601)

(2017-07-11, 23:56)Sheepish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Jurialmunkey! I've finally been able update to Krypton after being loathed to use the newer version of the "From Ashes" mod when I was happier with the Jarvis version.

The only thing that is a problem for me now is that the MusicPlaylist window appears to be broken. I prefer to have a shortcut on the homescreen under my Music submenu for ActivateWindow(MusicPlaylist) which takes me to the "now playing" playlist but nothing works, I can't move in any direction and the only option is to go back. I tested on Estuary Mod (which works fine) and Aeon Nox (submenu item doesn't even work) so I think that means it's a skin issue?

Are you using the repo version or the github version. I don't see this issue, so I think I may have fixed it but haven't made a repo PR since. If you are on the official repo version, can you try the github version and see if it fixes it.
Hi Jurialmunkey.

I have noticed this question asked before but haven't found an answer. When using the horizontal menu, I can set the background pictures for the main menu items, they are bright and colourful. When I view movie fanart in the movie menu, the fanart is much softer which is nice.

However when I change to the vertical menu, the background pictures for the main menu item become soft (like the fanart pictures). I have gone into the color.xml and changed the fanartfade values. This brightens the main menu pictures, however it also brightens the movie fanart.

I have wondering to have the vertical home menu like the horizontal main menu in terms of background brightness (yet keeping the fanart softer).

Thanks in advance.
(2017-07-12, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-07-11, 23:56)Sheepish Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Jurialmunkey! I've finally been able update to Krypton after being loathed to use the newer version of the "From Ashes" mod when I was happier with the Jarvis version.

Are you using the repo version or the github version. I don't see this issue, so I think I may have fixed it but haven't made a repo PR since. If you are on the official repo version, can you try the github version and see if it fixes it.

Aha, yep, fixed! Thank you again!
(2017-06-30, 12:15)Craig87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-06-30, 04:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

OR

2 and 3.
An example as to why:

Thanks very much.

Thanks.

I did not know MetalliQ was against the rules here. It doesn't stream any content. Information only.

Hopefully you can add an option to disable info text for widgets (per menu item) at a later date.

Thanks very much for .1 anyway. That was my main annoyance. Send me your PayPal via PM and i'll give you a few $ to buy yourself a beer.

hey JurialMunkey. Amazing skin. Thanks.
Just updated to latest git and don't see the options you mentioned for point 1. i see "limit numbers of items in widget" but not disable auto scroll and the back button does not go back to the first item in the menu. not a big thing, just wondering. cheers.
Hi there.

I really really like the minimalistic style of this skin, great job!

Two things quirk me;

There seems to be a hidden maximum amount of widget items that display? I have them for movies, and it only displays a maximum of 10. Can this be edited in any xml file?

Secondly, on the Furniture Header; How can I edit or hide the "0 Movies, 0 Episodes" portion of this? What .xml file would this be in and is it possible?

Many thanks
(2017-07-19, 15:08)Fojjidan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there.

I really really like the minimalistic style of this skin, great job!

Two things quirk me;

There seems to be a hidden maximum amount of widget items that display? I have them for movies, and it only displays a maximum of 10. Can this be edited in any xml file?

Secondly, on the Furniture Header; How can I edit or hide the "0 Movies, 0 Episodes" portion of this? What .xml file would this be in and is it possible?

Many thanks

Hi fojjidan, for you first query I can confirm that in the latest version on Github you can can the number of items to display. I've tested and works great. Im not sure if it's pushed to the repo yet.