Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I like very much this skin, because it is very clean and clear. But I miss two very impotant flags: audio and subtitle flags, because I have all the Movies in original language with subtitles. The audio and subtitle Flags are the most important.
Is there a posibillity to update it with his two flags or an other advice?

Greetings
Looks
Is there a way to remove/hide ratings from the episode list?
@jurialmunkey Leia BETA1 is out, any ETA on a arctic zephyr update pleeeeeeeease Smile
+1 !!!
+1 !
+1!!
+1!!!

Not having this skin working in Leia would definitely be an upgrading-showstopper for me!
So jurialmunkey.... please.. you would be the best  Smile
+1
(2018-09-05, 09:39)icebaer Wrote: [ -> ]+1!!!

Not having this skin working in Leia would definitely be an upgrading-showstopper for me!
So jurialmunkey.... please.. you would be the best  Smile
 He has posted a few messages earlier that he's planning to keep A:Z also updated to Leia. Let's see if / when that realizes, keeping my fingers crossed.

//t
Yeah it will happen eventually. Just super busy with work lately, so I haven't had much time to do skinning stuff.
Hi, first congrats on the greatest skin of all.
Second I would like to make a few suggestions, based on the fact that I am an avid movie collector and I have been able to play around with the xml files for a bit. But it is come to a point that I don't know how to make these changes, and I am better off suggesting for the benefit of all users:

I managed to change "Get thumb" to "Choose Art" (label 13405 to label 13511) since it is more explanatory (the way is used in the default screens in Kodi) in skin.arctic.zephyr\1080i\DialogVideoInfo.xml , DialogMusicInfo.xml
I also removed the scrolling label of the video file (path) from skin.arctic.zephyr\1080i\DialogVideoInfo.xml (should be configured on/off by user in settings)

But these I have not been able to do:
There seems to be conflict between "play" and "play part" and "info":
* When selecting a stacked item, currently a user can opt to play it or show info... if user wants to play, he/she is presented with an two options: "play" and "play part". It is not intuitive what the difference is between the two kinds of play. More adequately the user should be able to "play all parts" or "select a part to play".
*Now, in showing the info there is conflict because the user is (presumably) presented with the information of the "first part" if it is a stacked item, and what is worse is that from the info window the user can't start playback of any of the parts other than the first; like in the case above, he/she should be able to choose to see the information of any or all the parts. While this may not be really appealing because we want simplicity, then I propose showing the info of the stacked item and the "play" button should present the user the options to "play all parts" or "select a part to play" (and let the user figure out if parts 1 and 2 are the first and second part of the movie, or if part 2 is the extras disc, etc.)
* The "play part" window is too big, and being a pop up, it should not have a header, because the user has already opted to "select a part to play", so the pop up window should be the smallest possible to accommodate only the number list of all the parts (a few chars in width and variable height).

For the home screen menus, the user should be able to choose to display text, icons or both, in the spirit of the minimalist nature. As an improvement, consider what the skin "fuse" has done. Instead of a home window, the menu is always present as a hide/show bar from the top.

Also, and maybe this is unique, but should be nice to have the default light theme of the skin from 7 am to 7 pm, and the dark version from 7 pm to 7 am, because it is friendlier to the user's eyesight. The times and themes should be configured by the user in settings.

I really would like to contribute here, so if you can contact me directly I can even show how my customizations have played out in my HTPC using your skin (just to give you a hint, my collection is about 276 items, most of them are sets themselves ranging from the single disc movie, to the monster disc sets like the ones for LOTR, all rightfully purchased and owned).

Kind regards
this is the reason i've been waiting on the leia update, no skins can compare!
I'm using v2.3.14 from GitHub, but Atmos/DTS:X flags don't appear to be working. I still only see TrueHD and DTS-HD MA icons. Anyone know how to enable object audio flags?
Hi @jurialmunkey,

One inquiry about the much awaited AZ-Leia release: Are you planning adding skin support for the upcoming Kodi "Gaming" features? That would be great!

Thx & looking forward to future AZ release Smile

//timo
Hi!

I love this skin, but i can't set up, in the movies, when i browsing, the background can't change the current movie, only show gray background. How can i change that?

Like this:

Thanks!