Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed this skin and it's working great. I would love to see a "Big Icon" view for the TV Shows seasons folders if possible.
Jurial, you've done it again Smile
(2015-02-07, 06:20)ssh_reconnect Wrote: [ -> ]I installed this skin and it's working great. I would love to see a "Big Icon" view for the TV Shows seasons folders if possible.
See latest git. I just forgot to enable it for Seasons.

(2015-02-07, 06:31)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Jurial, you've done it again Smile
Angel
(2015-02-07, 06:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]See latest git. I just forgot to enable it for Seasons.

Love your work! Thanks Big Grin
Love the dark version it is brilliant. Excellent work.
Wow this skin is awesome so far. I didn't think you could make the animations smoother compared to artic and eminence but you really out did yourself. Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this skin.

One comment I have. When going through the submenus/hubstule menus on the home screen items for say Movies, the only way I can exit out of those menus is via pressing the left or right button. Could you implement the back button to exit out of these menus also?
very nice work i like the design, look forward to giving it a try later today.

one question?
No Extrathumbs / extrafanart why not?

this is something i really like but see few skins making use of this.
is this a technical issue, a design decision or do you just hate fanart Smile ?

thanks
the customization on this skin is UN-REAL!!!
you've outdone yourself with this skin. can't wait to see what's down the pipeline!!

#bestskinforkodi
#shouldreplaceconfluence
If possible can you add Thumbnail view to all menus.Nice to have two simple options like List and Thumbnail (Icon) view options in all menus. Awesome skin once again..Thanks for the hard work!!! Big Grin
Yes yes yes... If I would switch to anything other than Eminence this would be it.
Nice work!
Can you add the ability to disable the fanart? The skin just feels slow and laggy on my system.
The more i use this skin ..The more I am amazed...The file size is so small to but the options outstrip so many skins...Thanks Again..
(2015-02-07, 11:18)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]Love the dark version it is brilliant. Excellent work.
Thanks! I use the dark version myself. This time around I wanted to focus attention equally on both light and dark versions because, as much as I love how the light version looks, light skins are just too bright for my lounge room.

(2015-02-07, 15:42)Talguy Wrote: [ -> ]Wow this skin is awesome so far. I didn't think you could make the animations smoother compared to artic and eminence but you really out did yourself. Can't wait to see what else you have planned for this skin.

One comment I have. When going through the submenus/hubstule menus on the home screen items for say Movies, the only way I can exit out of those menus is via pressing the left or right button. Could you implement the back button to exit out of these menus also?
Thanks Smile

Fixed the submenu issue.

(2015-02-07, 16:15)mxlance Wrote: [ -> ]very nice work i like the design, look forward to giving it a try later today.

one question?
No Extrathumbs / extrafanart why not?

this is something i really like but see few skins making use of this.
is this a technical issue, a design decision or do you just hate fanart Smile ?

thanks
Yeah I just hate fanart :p
Just kidding - I personally think extrafanart is a neat feature. Its just because its not included within the kodi library database so it means calling local files which causes all sorts of problems. If it ends up being supported by the database in the same way that clearart/clearlogos et al. are supported then I will add an option, but it just causes too many dramas and hacky workarounds to call local files. With so many people using low powered devices these days, I'm trying to keep my code as clean as possible

(2015-02-07, 18:35)locomot1f Wrote: [ -> ]the customization on this skin is UN-REAL!!!
you've outdone yourself with this skin. can't wait to see what's down the pipeline!!

#bestskinforkodi
#shouldreplaceconfluence
Big Grin

(2015-02-07, 20:04)Damac10 Wrote: [ -> ]If possible can you add Thumbnail view to all menus.Nice to have two simple options like List and Thumbnail (Icon) view options in all menus. Awesome skin once again..Thanks for the hard work!!! Big Grin
Done Smile

(2015-02-07, 21:49)miappa Wrote: [ -> ]Yes yes yes... If I would switch to anything other than Eminence this would be it.
Nice work!
Thanks

(2015-02-07, 22:36)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add the ability to disable the fanart? The skin just feels slow and laggy on my system.
Done. Performance will improve when the skin goes on the repo as all the images will be compressed into a textures file which helps a lot.

(2015-02-07, 22:42)Damac10 Wrote: [ -> ]The more i use this skin ..The more I am amazed...The file size is so small to but the options outstrip so many skins...Thanks Again..
Thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to keep the file size down. It will probably get even smaller as I still need to go through the icon directory and remove unnecessary icons.
@jurialmunkey-thank you so much for the explanation.
seems odd that extrafanart is not supported natively.
do you know if it is in the works or could you suggest where i should ask this question.

thank you
Its Sorcery ..I tell you...lol...Nod