Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Arctic: Zephyr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Speaking of trailers with the new tmdb viewtypes, each time I select a trailer from the youtube picks, it does load, but only behind the infoscreen for the selected title. So it's obscured by the info dialog.
(2015-03-02, 06:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by a timeout?

Sometimes i got the sources not connected and there stays always "content loading".

maybe you can coding something like this:
- if source timeouted - dont show widgets or
- if widget loadingtime to long - abort loading widgets

i hope you understand me Big Grin
So much tinkering and customization, so little time. This is my type of hobby that gets the wife just a tad bit irritated Wink

A situation I am now encountering relates to the information provided while viewing my libraries, compared to that when I am viewing an SMB source.

When I am viewing, for example, my 'TV Shows' library (consisting of 3 separate SMB sources: My TV Shows, Kid TV Shows, Documentaries) via the Home screen 'TV Shows' widget/hub, I am successfully able to see all the scrapped media info, plot, fanart, ratings, images, etc that I am expecting to see. This is great for viewing all of my TV Shows combined from all of my SMB sources.

But the 'issue' I am encountering presents itself to me when I want to view the same info as described above, but for a single, specific SMB source. I've gone into the skin settings, selected TV Shows > Submenu, and Added a custom path ("ActivateWindow(Videos, smb://username:password@IP_Address/TV/, return)") and custom label "My TV Shows". Once that has been configured, I am able to successfully navigate to that specific SMB file share from "Home > TV Shows > My TV Shows" and see the files listed, but they do not appear as they do in the 'TV Shows' library view with all the metadata scrapped, just a simple file list view

Is there a specific way to handle this scenario? Is there a different syntax to use within the custom path? Do I need to introduce myself with 'Playlists' or widgets?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I love your skin!
Very clean, and customisable...i Use lots of smart playlists.
Just three things....

Are you going to support mouse use in future?
I use keyboard or more often phone app but the wife can only cope with using mouse.

And might be a bug but pictures thumbnails showed...Then did not! And took a large pause before any selected picture actually viewed.

Thirdly, not a show stopper, but I like to view my pics on media centre, any more views planned? My personal preference is for non zoomed thumbnails so can see whole picture.

Cheers

Ps. just reread above, didn't mean to come across as a moaner lol.
It's a great skin.
(2015-03-02, 19:41)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]But the 'issue' I am encountering presents itself to me when I want to view the same info as described above, but for a single, specific SMB source. I've gone into the skin settings, selected TV Shows > Submenu, and Added a custom path ("ActivateWindow(Videos, smb://username:password@IP_Address/TV/, return)") and custom label "My TV Shows". Once that has been configured, I am able to successfully navigate to that specific SMB file share from "Home > TV Shows > My TV Shows" and see the files listed, but they do not appear as they do in the 'TV Shows' library view with all the metadata scrapped, just a simple file list view

Is there a specific way to handle this scenario? Is there a different syntax to use within the custom path? Do I need to introduce myself with 'Playlists' or widgets?
Thanks

I suspect this just generates a file view, just setup a 'smart playlist' with the 'virtual directory' as source and the name of your SMB source in the library, this should do it.
(2015-03-02, 21:00)mason Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-02, 19:41)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]But the 'issue' I am encountering presents itself to me when I want to view the same info as described above, but for a single, specific SMB source. I've gone into the skin settings, selected TV Shows > Submenu, and Added a custom path ("ActivateWindow(Videos, smb://username:password@IP_Address/TV/, return)") and custom label "My TV Shows". Once that has been configured, I am able to successfully navigate to that specific SMB file share from "Home > TV Shows > My TV Shows" and see the files listed, but they do not appear as they do in the 'TV Shows' library view with all the metadata scrapped, just a simple file list view

Thanks

I suspect this just generates a file view, just setup a 'smart playlist' with the 'virtual directory' as source and the name of your SMB source in the library, this should do it.

+1

Smart playlists are the way to do this, I use 8 smart playlists for various locations such as kids movies, main movies, documentaries etc, all are over smb, and through quick testing I did earlier today they seem to work fine attached to main menu .... But I'll check again later when home incase I'm wrong.
Thanks for everyone's quick help. I'll check this out later using 'Smart Playlists' after work and family life allow some tinker time. Thanks again.
(2015-03-02, 22:50)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for everyone's quick help. I'll check this out later using 'Smart Playlists' after work and family life allow some tinker time. Thanks again.

here is an example of a working playlist I have for reference
Code:
<smartplaylist type="movies"><name>Kids Movies</name><match>all</match><rule field="path" operator="contains"><value>smb://192.168.0.15/Kids Movies/</value></rule></smartplaylist>

And I added that as a main menu item by
Settings>>Skin settings>>Home>>Customise main menu>>ADD(note its on the right)>>Choose shortcut>>Video Library>>Playlist(keep scrolling past "playlists"...you want @playlist@ at the bottom)

Obviously you can just add stuff to sub menus in similar way.

Good luck,
@jurialmunkey
transifex ;-) still no work to do
(2015-03-02, 22:50)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for everyone's quick help. I'll check this out later using 'Smart Playlists' after work and family life allow some tinker time. Thanks again.

I have the same "requirements" at home. Smart playlists work well. The only thing lacking is the recently added widget that still scans all sources by type so they'll still be mixed at widget level.
(2015-03-02, 08:03)thrak76 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of trailers with the new tmdb viewtypes, each time I select a trailer from the youtube picks, it does load, but only behind the infoscreen for the selected title. So it's obscured by the info dialog.
Yeah I've know about this for a while. Can't hide the dialog whilst fullscreen video is playing because that would mean it cant be used from the osd controls "extra info", plus the dialog still has focus when hidden. I think I have an idea for this but not sure, have to do a few tests.

(2015-03-02, 10:57)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-02, 06:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by a timeout?
Sometimes i got the sources not connected and there stays always "content loading".
- if source timeouted - dont show widgets or
- if widget loadingtime to long - abort loading widgets
Ah okay. I don't think this is actually possible however.

(2015-03-02, 12:29)magy77 Wrote: [ -> ]1. Verry nice, but i only got the original title and not in my language. in the moviedb addon is set to german. anyway to change this? Also the movieinfo is in english (scrapper is set to german)

2. is it possible that the flags here only grab the english soundtrack? the sound flags are all wrong.

3. Can you integrated the cinema experience in the movie contextmenu too? Or is there a way to set cinema experience to default for movies?
Andd evertime when a start a movie over ce my wol addon was triggered.
1. It uses the extended info addon so you need to change the language settings at:
Settings > Addons > Enabled Addons > Programs > Extended Info.

2. I don't have any control over this, it is whatever Kodi supplies as audiochannels/codec info.

3. I can but I don't want to as adding extra buttons to the context menu prevents wrap around scrolling, plus I dont think it is that difficult to open the info and launch it from there. I don't know what a "wol addon" is? I'm guessing wake on lan, which has nothing to do with what I'm doing - I just launch the cinema experience addon if the button is pressed.

(2015-03-02, 20:34)boyofford Wrote: [ -> ]I love your skin!
Very clean, and customisable...i Use lots of smart playlists.
Just three things....

1. Are you going to support mouse use in future? I use keyboard or more often phone app but the wife can only cope with using mouse.

2. And might be a bug but pictures thumbnails showed...Then did not! And took a large pause before any selected picture actually viewed.

3. Thirdly, not a show stopper, but I like to view my pics on media centre, any more views planned? My personal preference is for non zoomed thumbnails so can see whole picture.
Thanks Smile
1. Probably not. Designed the skin with an IR remote in mind. There are some tricks I do that prevent proper mouse support.
2. Not sure what going on there, sounds like a kodi issue, not a skin one.
3. Thumbnails view already shows non-zoomed thumbs.

(2015-03-03, 01:29)Namerp Wrote: [ -> ]@jurialmunkey
transifex ;-) still no work to do
Its coming... I only just sent the request now that its on the repo - someone else handles the transifex pulls.

(2015-03-03, 01:54)dalben Wrote: [ -> ]
I have the same "requirements" at home. Smart playlists work well. The only thing lacking is the recently added widget that still scans all sources by type so they'll still be mixed at widget level.

Can't you make a smart playlist with your requirements for the widget and use that as the widget. Just create a duplicate smart playlist with your required rules and change the "Order by" to "Date Added" and change Ascending to Descending (so it shows newest to oldest rather than the other way around).
Wanted to report back that using the Smart Playlist option, I was successfully able to create a shortcut based on the playlist to a Home Menu shortcut sub menu item, allowing for me to have a "library" view instead of a file list view.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Is there a way to show more clearart/logos in the skin? Like, am I missing a setting or is it not there?
If it's not, I would love for it to show up on the paused OSD. (like in eminence)
Anyone happen to have info populating in the MPAA rating field? If so, what scrapper and scrapper settings are you using, or are you using a separate Add-on to accomplish this?

I also don't seem to be picking up any 'Star' ratings, or displaying the IMDB Top 250 info, even with the option box checked.

I'm thinking it's a scrapping related issue...